ATP Jabberwocky festival

zahidf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting if the venue wasn't such an arseache to get to, and I assume there won't be any camping either so you'd have to get there and back twice.

You could stay at the Holiday Inn in Westfields :P

20 minutes on the Jubilee for me \\o// but its got to be the one of the best connected venues in the country for Transport?

You could stay at the Holiday Inn in Westfields :P

20 minutes on the Jubilee for me \\o// but its got to be the one of the best connected venues in the country for Transport?

I may have my wires crossed here, is this at Victoria Park or the Olympic Park?

In that case yeah it is a pain in the arse. Not actually getting to Stratford, but getting from Stratford tube onto the site. I guess I'm comparing to other London parks that have residential areas and pubs around the site so you work your way there on a bit of a crawl, unless you want to stop off in the Lakeside and drink at some shitty bar/chain restaurant it's 25-30 minutes of walking from the tube to get into the venue with absolutely no shops or pubs on the way.

This is only based on going there once mind, I think I read that when West Ham start playing there they'll build up the surrounding area.

Edited by mrtourette

Looks great to me. Stratford is a mere 20 mins on the train from me so we can just drink and be merry on the way :D

I tried that, but getting from the tube to the site was a sobering experience. It was the first event there so hopefully it's got better with practice.

I tried that, but getting from the tube to the site was a sobering experience. It was the first event there so hopefully it's got better with practice.

Should be quicker this year I imagine as their opening the South Plaza again (the bit nearest the train station/Westfields). So it'd be like the Olympics, where you can get into the park from the side of M&S, across the bridge by the Aquatics center.

They might have opened up access to the Greenway again to, then you can walk along that to get mugged on the way to West Ham station :P

If your looking for somewhere to drink but don't want to venture into Stratford proper before, I am told Tap East is good for Microbrewery lovers (Inside Westfield) or Crate Brewery if you come in from the Hackney Wick end. (It's been a discussion amongst West Ham fans :P, I'd imagine there will be a couple of proper style pubs opening up in 2016, so the future looks bright as a decent music venue to.)

Edited by LondonTom

• 3 weeks later...

there are some right cool acts in there, and its bloody cheap. Shame about the change of venue though (assuming that's why it was pulled earlier), it would've been better outside/in a tent.

Looks like there's loads of acts left for Friday

EDIT: They said this about the venue change; All Tomorrow's Parties For those of you wondering about the venue - never fear, we're going to make it great like we always have with all of our more unusual venues in the past. We were finding outdoor sound limits to be too restrictive for the production values we want to deliver.

Edited by MattDavies__

A shame it's not in the Olympic Park but yeah with people moving into the Village, I thought Newham council were trying to be quite lenient about it though as they wanted to attract that sort of thing to the park.

A gig at the excel center? Will be strange, I imagine they might put some sort of indoor tent up? The acoustics will be shit otherwise as it's just a giant hall...

Still tempting!

Edited by LondonTom

• 2 weeks later...