The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

I've changed mine a fair bit in the last few weeks, how's this looking? (Assuming one main stage as I really don't believe there'll be two.)

Think this is probably my most realistic prediction so far, anything I've got wrong?

Friday:

Main: Royal Blood//Imagine Dragons//Travis Scott//The Hunna//Neck Deep//JME//Lower Than Atlantis//Declan McKenna//Astroid Boys

NME: Chase & Status//Nothing But Thieves//Slaves//Dave//Tom Grennan//AJ Tracey//Rex Orange County//The Big Moon//Lucy Rose//Coasts//Paris Youth Foundation//Yonaka

Dance: Martin Solveig//Jax Jones//Nghtmre

Lock Up: Killswitch Engage//Trapt//Code Orange

FR: The Sherlocks//Reverend & The Makers//Matt Simons

1Xtra: Wretch 32//Section Boyz//Newham Generals

Saturday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar//Vampire Weekend//The Vaccines//J Hus//The Gaslight Anthem//Peace//The Amazons//Black Honey//Anteros

NME: Panic! At The Disco//Death From Above 1979//PARTYNEXTDOOR//Tom Misch (Live)//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Creeper//FIDLAR//Superfood//Spring King//Jaws//Marsicians

Dance: Hannah Wants//MNEK//Joe Goddard

Lock Up: Gogol Bordello//Bury Tomorrow//Counterparts

FR: Amber Run//Cloud Nothings//The Rifles

1Xtra: A$AP Ferg//Devlin//Avelino

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters//Courteeners//The Wombats//Don Broco//Mastodon//Tonight Alive//Fickle Friends//Basement//IDLES

NME: Wolf Alice//SZA//Wilkinson (Live)//Django Django//BROCKHAMPTON//DMA's//Little Simz//Shame//High Tyde//Bad Sounds//Pale Waves//The Night Cafe

Dance: Disciples//GTA//Tom Zanetti

Pit: The Story So Far//The Word Alive//Title Fight

FR: The Cribs//Chastity Belt//Willie J Healy

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$//Isaiah Rashad//Ski Mask The Slump God

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I've changed mine a fair bit in the last few weeks, how's this looking? (Assuming one main stage as I really don't believe there'll be two.)

Think this is probably my most realistic prediction so far, anything I've got wrong?

Friday:

Main: Royal Blood//Imagine Dragons//Travis Scott//The Hunna//Neck Deep//JME//Lower Than Atlantis//Declan McKenna//Astroid Boys

NME: Chase & Status//Nothing But Thieves//Slaves//Dave//Tom Grennan//AJ Tracey//Rex Orange County//The Big Moon//Lucy Rose//Coasts//Paris Youth Foundation//Yonaka

Everyone from The Hunna till and including Declan McKenna could be bumped up 1 spot I'd say. Also dunno about C&S headlining NME considering they're at SW4, although I guess it's not impossible. Rest of Friday looks feasible.

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Saturday:

Main: Kendrick Lamar//Vampire Weekend//The Vaccines//J Hus//The Gaslight Anthem//Peace//The Amazons//Black Honey//Anteros

NME: Panic! At The Disco//Death From Above 1979//PARTYNEXTDOOR//Tom Misch (Live)//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Creeper//FIDLAR//Superfood//Spring King//Jaws//Marsicians

I don't think The Vaccines will play 3rd main again - they played that spot the last 2 times they've been at R&L. Think it's more likely they'll miss this year considering they're doing Community fest and maybe headline NME next year. I think you've got Death From Above a slot too high. Also considering A$AP Ferg would probably play earlier due to Kendrick, the 1xtra headliner that day would likely be someone smaller. You could swap him with Wretch 32, think that'd make more sense.

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Sunday:

Main: Foo Fighters//Courteeners//The Wombats//Don Broco//Mastodon//Tonight Alive//Fickle Friends//Basement//IDLES

NME: Wolf Alice//SZA//Wilkinson (Live)//Django Django//BROCKHAMPTON//DMA's//Little Simz//Shame//High Tyde//Bad Sounds//Pale Waves//The Night Cafe

This all looks feasible IMO.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Everyone from The Hunna till and including Declan McKenna could be bumped up 1 spot I'd say. Also dunno about C&S headlining NME considering they're at SW4, although I guess it's not impossible.

Yeah I was thinking to bump everyone up, but I wanted a way to keep Travis Scott in haha, but yeah you're right. Good point with C&S, I didn't realise they were headlining SW4.

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't think The Vaccines will play 3rd main again - they played that spot the last 2 times they've been at R&L. Think it's more likely they'll miss this year considering they're doing Community fest and maybe headline NME next year. I think you've got Death From Above a slot too high. Also considering A$AP Ferg would probably play earlier due to Kendrick, the 1xtra headliner that day would likely be someone smaller. You could swap him with Wretch 32, think that'd make more sense.

Yeah, again I was thinking similar about The Vaccines but I thought maybe with the new album R&L would want to get them in, and I doubt they'd sub, so yeah I'll probably knock them off. DFA were hard to place as I really wasn't too sure where they'd place anymore, I think the last time they played R&L they played 3rd down NME so I thought they'd maybe be bumped up, but yeah would more likely stay 3rd. Again, you have a good point about the 1Xtra. I've made a clashfinder for this with all the same time slots as last year so on mine Ferg does finish earlier, but I didn't think about swapping with the weakest (Wretch), but I will now.

Cheers for the feedback!

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Who the fuck are we supposed to watch on the Friday night lol

Yolo done did a full one. I have no clue about most of the pit and 1xtra so just stole someone elses....

Think the Hives are probs too big for that slot (and I think they're touring early summer with the QOTSA gig etc.) but couldnt think of who else to put there. Same with Deftones (I guess Vaccines could fit but I dunno if they would play here and community + they played that slot last time)

fullprediction2.png

Edited by Mattymooz

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yolo done did a full one. I have no clue about most of the pit and 1xtra so just stole someone elses....

Think the Hives are probs too big for that slot (and I think they're touring early summer with the QOTSA gig etc.) but couldnt think of who else to put there. Same with Deftones (I guess Vaccines could fit but I dunno if they would play here and community + they played that slot last time)

fullprediction2.png

I know this is nitpicking but The Sherlocks and DMA's could both be FR headliners I reckon. Looks too strong having those 3 at the top in one day. In general though I'd say most of this looks pretty feasible.

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

fullprediction2.png

It’s an emotional moment when you finally see your 1Xtra prediction on a poster, think I might cry. Proud moment thanks mate.

haha, in all honesty I’d be very happy with that lineup. Would work well for me, especially the 1Xtra ;)

Edit: I also see a lot of my prediction in Pit/lock up ;))

Edited by TheWaters

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know this is nitpicking but The Sherlocks and DMA's could both be FR headliners I reckon. Looks too strong having those 3 at the top in one day. In general though I'd say most of this looks pretty feasible.

Yeah I wanted to squeeze Sherlocks in so slotted them in there. TBH a lot of the stage that day could be shifted up a slot if you take them out and it'd be fine.

You really think DMA's could headline that stage though? I thought them headlining Sound City with Peace was poor and only really justifiable because DMA's are from Liverpool....

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

It’s an emotional moment when you finally see your 1Xtra prediction on a poster, think I might cry. Proud moment thanks mate.

haha, in all honesty I’d be very happy with that lineup. Would work well for me, especially the 1Xtra ;)

Edit: I also see a lot of my prediction in Pit/lock up ;))

Was probably your Clashfinder I was using then aha :)

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Was probably your Clashfinder I was using then aha :)

Oo shit didn’t realise I had that public lmao, oh well it’s a privilege to have it on a poster lmao.

Edit: just realised I posted screenshots of my clash finder in here a while back oops ignore me.

Edited by TheWaters

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

You really think DMA's could headline that stage though? I thought them headlining Sound City with Peace was poor and only really justifiable because DMA's are from Liverpool....

DMA's are Australian no?

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Oo shit didn’t realise I had that public lmao, oh well it’s a privilege to have it on a poster lmao.

Someone had posted screenshots of it earlier in this thread lol (I'm guessing it was you? aha)

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

DMA's are Australian no?

Well that's what I get when I don't do my research. Yeah they are, fuck knows why I thought they were from Liverpool. Even more confusing now tho imo, in my head they are nowhere near as big as Peace/Sherlocks/etc.

I never post on here but a friend of mine sent me this. He just finished an internship with Live Nation before christmas (no idea if they're anything to do with Reading and Leeds?). 

I'm sure it's probably fake and he's just trying to get me excited but it seems in line with recent rumours. 

Just thought I'd share, anyway!

READING1.jpg

5 minutes ago, kpls1 said:

I never post on here but a friend of mine sent me this. He just finished an internship with Live Nation before christmas (no idea if they're anything to do with Reading and Leeds?). 

I'm sure it's probably fake and he's just trying to get me excited but it seems in line with recent rumours. 

Just thought I'd share, anyway!

I wouldn't get your hopes up, I don't know why they'd already have all the graphics ready that early on, they'd just make the poster a lot closer to the announcement.