the wonderwhy

The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Did they? I didn't think they announced anything between December and March. My bad.

Yeah. Biffy, SOAD, BMTH, Foals, Fall out Boy, Jake Bugg. I think.

Friday/Saturday

Main Stage: Blink-182 // You Me at Six // Bring Me the Horizon // A Day to Remember // Jimmy Eat World // Deaf Havana // Architects // Hacktivist // Blitz Kids
NME/Radio 1 Stage: London Grammar // CHVRCHES

Saturday/Sunday

Main Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Paramore // Bombay Bicycle Club // Imagine Dragons // Peace // The Strypes // Modestep // Young Guns // Tonight Alive
NME/Radio 1 Stage: The 1975 // Metronomy

Sunday/Friday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys // Foals // Jake Bugg // Tame Impala // Miles Kane // Palma Violets // The Joy Formidable // Mayday Parade // Lonely the Brave
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Disclosure // Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Can't see London Grammar being placed higher than Mackleymore and Ryan Lewis.

Rest seems about right though. :thumbsu:

Edited by dentalplan

Friday/Saturday

Main Stage: Blink-182 // You Me at Six // Bring Me the Horizon // A Day to Remember // Jimmy Eat World // Deaf Havana // Architects // Hacktivist // Blitz Kids

Saturday/Sunday

Main Stage: Queens of the Stone Age // Paramore // Bombay Bicycle Club // Imagine Dragons // Peace // The Strypes // Modestep // Young Guns // Tonight Alive

Sunday/Friday

Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys // Foals // Jake Bugg // Tame Impala // Miles Kane // Palma Violets // The Joy Formidable // Mayday Parade // Lonely the Brave

Good

Edited by justanothername

Friday/Saturday

Saturday/Sunday

Sunday/Friday

Imagine Dragons 4th is fucking stupid they won't be anywhere near fourth.

Fixed that for you buddy, we must put people in line when it comes to that trash :P

Fixed that for you buddy, we must put people in line when it comes to that trash :P

Have they started placing bands based on quality now?

Have they started placing bands based on quality now?

They're not nearly popular enough for 4th though?! The Lumineers was the exception, not the rule. Come on dentalplan, you know this!

They're not nearly popular enough for 4th though?! The Lumineers was the exception, not the rule. Come on dentalplan, you know this!

They'll be 4th or 5th on main I reckon. They're easily popular enough for it.

They'll be 4th or 5th on main I reckon. They're easily popular enough for it.

I'd say 5th but not 4th. Am I seriously undermining just how popular they are? I thought their album was shockingly dreadful for all the hype they were receiving.

I'd say 5th but not 4th. Am I seriously undermining just how popular they are? I thought their album was shockingly dreadful for all the hype they were receiving.

>Lots of hype

>Expects album to be good

I feel the link you have made between the two is what has landed you in this predicament.

>Lots of hype

>Expects album to be good

I feel the link you have made between the two is what has landed you in this predicament.

Well yeah but I listened to the album, thought it was shit and then didn't understand the hype. Someone I know spoke some wise words the other day quite randomly. He said that acts being successful isn't based on the quality of music anymore but by the hype. Not an original statement BUT struck a cord with me. What's wrong with music is the hype.

So "they won't be anywhere near 4th", but you'd say 5th?

haha fairplay, I meant more 5th at a push.

Well yeah but I listened to the album, thought it was shit and then didn't understand the hype. Someone I know spoke some wise words the other day quite randomly. He said that acts being successful isn't based on the quality of music anymore but by the hype. Not an original statement BUT struck a cord with me. What's wrong with music is the hype.

Your friend is wrong.

It was never based on the quality of music.

But an album being shit doesn't stop there being hype... Bastille and The 1975 are shit, but they're massively hyped, and it's understandable because it's music that appeals to the masses.

I thought we all knew already that success is based on hype rather than quality tbh.

Your friend is wrong.

It was never based on the quality of music.

I beg to differ - yes there's always some hype bands but there is now a distinct lack of hyped bands whose latest output has been of merit.

But an album being shit doesn't stop there being hype... Bastille and The 1975 are shit, but they're massively hyped, and it's understandable because it's music that appeals to the masses.

I thought we all knew already that success is based on hype rather than quality tbh.

Oh we always knew but I'd never thought about it properly before is all.

I like how the name was a pisstake and yet people are actually quoting and bolding lineups in here without adding any comments.

I like that they're doing it here rather than elsewhere.

I beg to differ - yes there's always some hype bands but there is now a distinct lack of hyped bands whose latest output has been of merit.

The Beatles were a hype band and they were pretty shit.