The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, ryanbryans said:

Wow not even I know what I was thinking when I wrote that ahahaha. To think I wanted to see Slaves/Hunna/Catfish is a fucking joke, and only a year ago too. How times change

EDIT: My second post in that thread is a lot more up to my tastes

Edited by Mattymooz

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

OK, Blink were around 9 years ago then at the time of the fest, apologies for getting it wrong

Your comments on Catfish is what I had been saying about FoB too, never thought they'd get a slot as high as they did in 2016 again

And so what you're saying is Catfish are more likely to coheadline than Panic?

I don't dispute they could be booked again soon mind.

FOB have had two previous arena tourings before though, I think of Panic can co-headline then Catfish wouldn't be too far away....but APE I don't believe was the correct say for them to go.

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Weren't they supposed to do outdoor shows initially? 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah Melvin said they had their own plans.

Melvin said they had their own plans, but that didn't say indoor or outdoor.

The Monkeys wanted to do the Sheffield show outdoors, but the council wouldn't play ball with the park, so they're using the arena instead.

I've seen a few shouts for Blur but, as much I would love it, I just can't see them being back together for a long time. Graham Coxon said a couple of weeks ago that that there are no plans on getting back together for the foreseeable, and Gorillaz are releasing a new album this year. 

21 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I've seen a few shouts for Blur but, as much I would love it, I just can't see them being back together for a long time. Graham Coxon said a couple of weeks ago that that there are no plans on getting back together for the foreseeable, and Gorillaz are releasing a new album this year. 

He said there were no plans for a new album. They seem to reconvene every few years to do some festivals and earn a few quid regardless of new material so I don’t see that preventing festival appearances. Don’t think they’ll play Reading and Leeds again though.

I know I only posted a prediction the other day but I've changed it round a fair bit / tried to make it more realistic.

Friday
Main: Queens of the Stone Age, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Jamie T, Tyler the Creator, Cardi B, The Hives, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Giggs, Neck Deep, Pvris, Marmozets, Nadia Rose, Drenge, Fat White Family
Dance: Eric Prydz
Lock Up: Bowling For Soup
FR: The Sherlocks
1xtra: XXXTentacion

Saturday
Main: Drake, Two Door Cinema Club, Glass Animals, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Denzel Curry, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Vampire Weekend, Kaytranada, Charli xcx, Danny Brown, Car Seat Headrest
Dance: Faithless
Pit: Parkway Drive
FR: Cigarettes After Sex
1xtra: Vince Staples

Sunday
Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Run the Jewels, The Offspring, While She Sleeps, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Pale Waves, Bicep (live), Bad Sounds, Amber Run, Lucy Rose
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: Death Grips
FR: Peace
1xtra: Wiley

Looks cool but I think Faithless and Eric Prydz are too big for Dance Stage, Parkway Drive too big for Pit, Cigarettes After Sex too big for FR (if they're around late August for a third straight year), Wiley too big for 1xtra (possibly Vince Staples too although he just needs to stop playing that stage), Cardi B would be third I reckon and I can't see Death Grips playing given they were in the area and not booked last summer.

edit: Fat Whites are also bigger than at least the three acts above them. They're a few places up from The Horrors on the Citadel line up, and they're headlining FR this year. I think you have Denzel Curry too high too - he deserves to get really popular really quick but he'd struggle to get 6th down NME at the moment nvm main.

Also, seriously, even if X is allowed to leave the US at that point in time, no one is gonna book a dude who treats women in such fucked up ways. Would be suicide for the festival.

Edited by dentalplan

23 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know I only posted a prediction the other day but I've changed it round a fair bit / tried to make it more realistic.

Friday
Main: Queens of the Stone Age, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Jamie T, Tyler the Creator, Cardi B, The Hives, Cabbage, Black Honey, Yonaka
Radio 1: Giggs, Neck Deep, Pvris, Marmozets, Nadia Rose, Drenge, Fat White Family
Dance: Eric Prydz
Lock Up: Bowling For Soup
FR: The Sherlocks
1xtra: XXXTentacion

Saturday
Main: Drake, Two Door Cinema Club, Glass Animals, Jorja Smith, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Denzel Curry, Code Orange, Astroid Boys, Milk Teeth
Radio 1: Vampire Weekend, Kaytranada, Charli xcx, Danny Brown, Car Seat Headrest
Dance: Faithless
Pit: Parkway Drive
FR: Cigarettes After Sex
1xtra: Vince Staples

Sunday
Main: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Run the Jewels, The Offspring, While She Sleeps, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Seaway, Muncie Girls
Radio 1: Chvrches, Rat Boy, Pale Waves, Bicep (live), Bad Sounds, Amber Run, Lucy Rose
Dance: Gorgon City
Pit: Death Grips
FR: Peace
1xtra: Wiley

would be terrible.......... I am only get a day ticket for Sunday but you have neck deep and bowling for soup on Friday so I might get a two day ticket and have a day out in reading on Saturday

• Upvote 1

On 20/04/2018 at 10:48 AM, dentalplan said:

Why would that be presumable?

Just because a non-DJ set would be too big for the dance stage. In the same way, if someone like SomeoneListeningIn, who actually knows things about music/festivals (as opposed to a new kid like jj200) predicted Pendulum for the dance stage I'd assume they meant a Pendulum DJ set.

Maybe I'm wrong and he just doesn't know much about Faithless.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just because a non-DJ set would be too big for the dance stage. In the same way, if someone like SomeoneListeningIn, who actually knows things about music/festivals (as opposed to a new kid like jj200) predicted Pendulum for the dance stage I'd assume they meant a Pendulum DJ set.

Maybe I'm wrong and he just doesn't know much about Faithless.

I've never seen @SomeoneListeningIn and @jj200 in the same room tbh

Friday:

Main: The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Rae Sremmurd, Peace, Bugzy Malone, Sundara Karma, Marmozets, JAWS, Estrons

R1: Enter Shikari, Circa Waves, Tonight Alive, Rejjie Snow, Hobo Johnson

Dance: Armand Van Helden, Rezz

Lock Up: Good Charlotte, Basement

FR: Wild Beasts, High Tyde

1Xtra: Smokepurpp, Newham Generals

Saturday:

Main: Kanye West, CHVRCHES, Jamie T, Everything Everything, SZA, Loyle Carner, Joywave, Dream Wife, The LaFontaines

R1: Blossoms, Neck Deep, Kali Uchis, Joey Bada$$, FIDLAR

Dance: Jax Jones, GTA

Pit: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Bury Tomorrow

FR: The Amazons, IDLES

1Xtra: MoStack, Mick Jenkins

Sunday:

Main: Florence + The Machine/ The 1975, A$AP Rocky, Glass Animals, The Hunna, Maximo Park, Turnover, Turbowolf, The Blinders

R1: The Streets, Django Django, Rat Boy, The Sherlocks, Avelino

Dance: Disciples, Chris Lorenzo

Pit: Killswitch Engage, The Word Alive#

FR: Milburn, Big Thief

1Xtra: Denzel Curry, Jay Prince