The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Oil has said that BMTH are not interested in co-headlining with anyone and they want it outright so I can’t see them sharing the billing with anyone. They deserve the outright headline slot, even if Oli is the world’s #1 karakoke artist. They’ve grown with the festival. 

Also they're pretty likely to do a test run at Download before they do R&L anyways imo. If they keep going poppier it's probably the last time they could do it and would allow FR to see how well received they are first

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Oil has said that BMTH are not interested in co-headlining with anyone and they want it outright so I can’t see them sharing the billing with anyone. They deserve the outright headline slot, even if Oli is the world’s #1 karakoke artist. They’ve grown with the festival. 

What do you think is gonna happen if neither R&L or Download will give them outright headline, though? He can say what he likes but if it's the only way they'll get a headline slot they're not gonna say no.

"Hey Oli we want you to co-headline with Royal Blood."

"No we want to outright headline."

"Okay well they're bigger than you so they can outright headline and you're not playing."

"Oh shit, sorry, I mean we will play really. Sorry. Please let us headline."

12 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What do you think is gonna happen if neither R&L or Download will give them outright headline, though? He can say what he likes but if it's the only way they'll get a headline slot they're not gonna say no.

"Hey Oli we want you to co-headline with Royal Blood."

"No we want to outright headline."

"Okay well they're bigger than you so they can outright headline and you're not playing."

"Oh shit, sorry, I mean we will play really. Sorry. Please let us headline."

Yeah that’s fair but I can’t see one of them not offering it to them. There’s no reason in the world why BMTH shouldn’t be a headliner now. 

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, Tame Impala, Run The Jewels, Parkway Drive, Charli XCX, Skindred, Rejji Snow, Hinds, Sunset Sons
Radio 1: Migos, Neck Deep

THE KILLERS, Haim, Kaiser Chiefs, The Hives, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Sundara Karma, Not3s, Fickle Friends, Black Foxxes
Radio 1: Enter Shikari, Mac DeMarco 

THE 1975, A Day to Remember, All Time Low, Cage The Elephant, Twin Atlantic, Alkaline Trio, Marmozets, Basement, Baroness
Radio 1: Tyler, The Creator, Fatboy Slim 

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah that’s fair but I can’t see one of them not offering it to them. There’s no reason in the world why BMTH shouldn’t be a headliner now. 

The one thing here is though, Royal Blood aren't bigger than BMTH, their tour wasn't even bigger. I'm not a major fan of either but probably just edge Royal Blood and don't mind a couple off of TTS but even I see that. If BMTH accept co-headline I'm unsure they get the bump and tbh I could see them avoid UK festivals completely if neither Reading or Download offered it. This said I 100% see them topping Reading next year.

10 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

My 2019 prediction (ignore the top where it says 2018)

image.png.0ef388dd6fdba6b20d8f6997bad6c7f8.png

I'd turn up for Sunday maybe but that is woeful, for myself anyway. I personally think TOP would co-headline with another, BMTH won't agree to that and Arctics will be at Glastonbury imo, hell The 1975 might even be offered it.

Is it accepted that BMTH got kicked out of a headline slot (twice?) by Download or has that been dismissed? Because I don’t understand how anyone can believe that Bring Me the Horizon are now above agreeing to headline with another act at Reading and Leeds if they’re not deemed attractive enough a prospect to headline to a more niche festival with a smaller pool of headliners that suits them better. Especially if they were kicked off for SOAD; who, er, subbed at Reading and Leeds.

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is it accepted that BMTH got kicked out of a headline slot (twice?) by Download or has that been dismissed? Because I don’t understand how anyone can believe that Bring Me the Horizon are now above agreeing to headline with another act at Reading and Leeds if they’re not deemed attractive enough a prospect to headline to a more niche festival with a smaller pool of headliners that suits them better. Especially if they were kicked off for SOAD; who, er, subbed at Reading and Leeds.

People acting like these little toerags are Wembley Stadium fillers all of a sudden ffs. Course they could co-headline.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

@luckysalt said that they were never in the running for 2016, and I don't know why people think that about 2017 but I definitely don't believe it. That would've been a terrible booking by that point.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:37 AM, JSmurphy said:

FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, Tame Impala, Run The Jewels, Parkway Drive, Charli XCX, Skindred, Rejji Snow, Hinds, Sunset Sons
Radio 1: Migos, Neck Deep

THE KILLERS, Haim, Kaiser Chiefs, The Hives, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Sundara Karma, Not3s, Fickle Friends, Black Foxxes
Radio 1: Enter Shikari, Mac DeMarco 

THE 1975, A Day to Remember, All Time Low, Cage The Elephant, Twin Atlantic, Alkaline Trio, Marmozets, Basement, Baroness
Radio 1: Tyler, The Creator, Fatboy Slim 

Would take. That Friday top five on the mainstage is a hell of a run for me. Seen them all before, so know how much fun that would be.

More likely on that Sunday that Tyler would headline in name with a closing set from Fatboy Slim tbh, since the cross-section of older punters will likely go for him over The 1975.

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Probably won’t be that good sadly. There are quite a few things way lower down than I’d expect, and Foos will surely be off the road by then.

Also not sure who Chance Twenty the One Rapper Pilots are.

Anyone in particular? I struggled with NME placings and then I had no idea who was too big for the Pit, 1xtra, Dance Tent. 

Haha yeah, nah couldn't get it looking good no matter how I had it, without adding logos. 

I guess I could straight swap Foo Fighters for Arctics but surely they're a shoe-in for Glastonbury next year. I wanted to go with Foals but I wasn't sure if 1975/Foals/Chance/21Pilots would be lacking a big hitter, even though I'd be happy with it. 

7 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Anyone in particular? I struggled with NME placings and then I had no idea who was too big for the Pit, 1xtra, Dance Tent. 

Haha yeah, nah couldn't get it looking good no matter how I had it, without adding logos. 

I guess I could straight swap Foo Fighters for Arctics but surely they're a shoe-in for Glastonbury next year. I wanted to go with Foals but I wasn't sure if 1975/Foals/Chance/21Pilots would be lacking a big hitter, even though I'd be happy with it. 

Just like Shame are above one of last year’s Pif headliners on main this year so I doubt they’d sub FR. Circa Waves probably a bit big for that stage too for now. Mastodon, Amazons, Pvris, Young Fathers, Sunflower Bean, Christine and the Queens, Kaleo, Stone Sour, Maggie Rogers, Moose Blood and Creeper all seem lowballed, and probably a few more such as Greta van Fleet, Superorganism and Pale Waves come next year’s festival will be looking at higher slots. I know there are often one or two in lower positions than expected but just seems like a really strong undercard.

Arctic Monkeys seem fair game for R+L next year to me. Nothing that’s been said or done so far makes them a shoo in for Glastonbury really. Don’t see Foals being back so soon.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Just like Shame are above one of last year’s Pif headliners on main this year so I doubt they’d sub FR. Circa Waves probably a bit big for that stage too for now. Mastodon, Amazons, Pvris, Young Fathers, Sunflower Bean, Christine and the Queens, Kaleo, Stone Sour, Maggie Rogers, Moose Blood and Creeper all seem lowballed, and probably a few more such as Greta van Fleet, Superorganism and Pale Waves come next year’s festival will be looking at higher slots. I know there are often one or two in lower positions than expected but just seems like a really strong undercard.

Arctic Monkeys seem fair game for R+L next year to me. Nothing that’s been said or done so far makes them a shoo in for Glastonbury really. Don’t see Foals being back so soon.

Have Mastodon grown since 2016?