The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

yuyu.JPG.72fe22975fcaab56210d951e61cd60e7.JPG

Although all 3 of them could headline, I don't think they'd have that trio together. Looks a bit weak imo.

I reckon Tame Impala could be booked up by another fest next year as well, maybe Parklife/Latitude/APE etc. Same with Frank Ocean.

I'd say you've got Years & Years a bit low, and I reckon Pale Waves are gonna blow up and get a pretty big slot in 2019. Third from bottom is potentially about what they'd get this year.

Not convinced about Enter Shikari headlining NME, I dunno if they've got the pull for it nowadays. Also Migos could arguably be too big for NME headliners by next year as well.

Rest looks feasible imo. I'd be dead happy with that lineup, it just doesn't look like a lot like R&L though aha.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Although all 3 of them could headline, I don't think they'd have that trio together. Looks a bit weak imo.

I reckon Tame Impala could be booked up by another fest next year as well, maybe Parklife/Latitude/APE etc. Same with Frank Ocean.

I'd say you've got Years & Years a bit low, and I reckon Pale Waves are gonna blow up and get a pretty big slot in 2019. Third from bottom is potentially about what they'd get this year.

Not convinced about Enter Shikari headlining NME, I dunno if they've got the pull for it nowadays. Also Migos could arguably be too big for NME headliners by next year as well.

Rest looks feasible imo. I'd be dead happy with that lineup, it just doesn't look like a lot like R&L though aha.

Whenever I draw up a prediction for a festival that's over a year away I can't help but be overly-optimistic. Those three headliners would work very well for me. Plus, Tame Impala and Frank just look so damn lovely on that poster and I can't bring myself to stick Catfish or Two Door Cinema Club there instead :P

I actually thought I gave Years & Years a generous slot on Main - their only UK fest last year was headlining The Might Hoop-La festival with tickets £30 for the day. 

I reckon Enter Shikari would do fine headlining NME opposite Florence & co. A few years away from R&L will do them good and if YMAS can still draw a crowd in that spot then Enter Shikari shouldn't have a problem. 

Cba making a poster but this is what I'm thinking for top 3 main/top 2 NME.

Fri: THE 1975, Chvrches, Pale Waves
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha

Sat: GREEN DAY, Vampire Weekend, Bombay Bicycle Club
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes

Sun: BRING ME THE HORIZON, Post Malone, Limp Bizkit
NME: The Vaccines, Rat Boy

1 minute ago, Lukie74 said:

2019 prediction- some is a bit out there but why not have a bit of fun

Reading 2019.jpg

Skepta is too low imo, at least sub level now. Swapping him and Chvrches would make more sense i reckon.

Think you may be overestimating the rise of sundara karma and pale waves also. Nice set of headliners but I'd sway either MCR or AM for a rap act like Kanye maybe.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Skepta is too low imo, at least sub level now. Swapping him and Chvrches would make more sense i reckon.

Think you may be overestimating the rise of sundara karma and pale waves also. Nice set of headliners but I'd sway either MCR or AM for a rap act like Kanye maybe.

Main reason I didn't have Kanye was so I wasn't a carbon copy of others ngl

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Other than Disciples headlining the NME (who imo aren't even really able to headline the Dance Stage) and Skepta who could probably sub, that actually looks pretty believable

Think I've read they've got an album coming out this year so just just guessing they may have a big surge

2 minutes ago, Lukie74 said:

Main reason I didn't have Kanye was so I wasn't a carbon copy of others ngl

Fair enough. Think it benefits the festival and seems to be the way it's going that there's some sort of rap act subbing/ headlining. Could get rid of Skepta and have BBK maybe along with the 1975 and AM as just having arctics there it's bound to sell well.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

36 minutes ago, coincidental plan said:

might whack draft in the top corner and take a grainy photo of it.

readingfirstan.png

That’d do. TSSF, Code Orange, The Me zingers into Gaslight and that top five on Foos day would be great. Perturbator would be higher than that, though. He headlined the fourth stage at DL last year. 

1 hour ago, coincidental plan said:

might whack draft in the top corner and take a grainy photo of it.

readingfirstan.png

Camo & Krooked are already doing SW4 on the sunday, so with this configuration (assuming they do creamfields) theyd have to do cream and leeds on the same day (the sunday) which seems unlikely

Also you expect coheadlines on the smaller stages (1 XTRA?). Interesting...

10 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Pixies seeem very unlikely at this point imo, same with catfish due to the amount of festivals theyre playing. post malone is a wireless exclusive.  Never heard of Brokehampton ;)

...oops :lol: I didn't know post malone was a wireless exclusive, i guess some other rapper in that slot then. Childish gambino maybe