The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve been having a (not too in-depth) think and thought that if they have two main stages next to each other so that one band can set up on one star whilst the other is playing on the other, they can have a shorter one between bands so the crowd only has to shift left of right a little. That way they can have 6 ‘headliners’. You’d still have the NME running opposite like normal so could have something like this: 

Main(s): Royal Blood - Bring Me The Horizon

NME: J Hus 

Main(s): Kendrick Lamar - Fall Out Boy 

NME: Wolf Alice 

Main(s): Foo Fighters - Imagine Dragons 

NME: Panic! at the Disco 

No idea really. 

Should just not book any of those 2nd stage acts because they're all abysmal.

How's this look in terms of the main stage? Feel like I've got it down to a good mix of acts, don't think I've got anyone too high or low either but let me know if you think I do.

Friday: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline), Travis Scott, The Hunna, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Anteros
Saturday: Kendrick Lamar, Chvrches, The Vaccines, J Hus, Mastodon, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Basement, Astroid Boys
Sunday: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Weezer, Don Broco, Peace, Marmozets, Beartooth, Arcane Roots, Idles

Only thing I'd possibly say is Tonight Alive and Alien Ant Farm could maybe switch places. But apart from that I reckon it looks pretty realistic.

Can't wait for the actual lineup to come out and show I only got 2 acts right.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

How's this look in terms of the main stage? Feel like I've got it down to a good mix of acts, don't think I've got anyone too high or low either but let me know if you think I do.

Friday: Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline), Travis Scott, The Hunna, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Anteros
Saturday: Kendrick Lamar, Chvrches, The Vaccines, J Hus, Mastodon, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Basement, Astroid Boys
Sunday: Foo Fighters, Courteeners, Weezer, Don Broco, Peace, Marmozets, Beartooth, Arcane Roots, Idles

Only thing I'd possibly say is Tonight Alive and Alien Ant Farm could maybe switch places. But apart from that I reckon it looks pretty realistic.

Can't wait for the actual lineup to come out and show I only got 2 acts right.

That first day is pretty terrible. It’s so slanted towards new acts that it would average out at less than two albums each, it’s pretty one-tone and most of them played last year!

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That first day is pretty terrible. It’s so slanted towards new acts that it would average out at less than two albums each, it’s pretty one-tone and most of them played last year!

yeah you're probably right, although it probably just needs one act to be switched with someone a bit more established and it wouldn't look too dissimilar to how the main stage normally looks

1 minute ago, Dan Wilcox said:

Weezer have a pretty extensive US tour, I'm not sure they're doing Europe at all this summer. Though if they are, mid-late August seems the only likely period. 

Yeah it is a bit of a long shot, but like you said their tour ends a couple of weeks before R&L so it's not inconceivable that they'll make an appearance. 

Also I've swapped Everything Everything out for The Gaslight Anthem. Dunno if that makes it stronger necessarily, would say Everything Everything are bigger rn but as Dental pointed out that day needs a bit more variety and The Gaslight Anthem are a bit more established.

Friday:
Main - Kendrick Lamar/Catfish & The Bottlemen/Wolf Alice/The Wombats/The Hunna/Glass Animals
NME - All Time Low/Chvrches
Saturday:
Main - Foo Fighters/Imagine Dragons/Pixies/The Amazons/Declan McKenna/Inheaven
NME - The Chainsmokers/Kaleo
Sunday:
Main - Paramore/Royal Blood/Courteeners/Sum 41/Creeper/Black Honey
NME - The Vaccines/Macklemore

Just now, foolee said:

Friday:
Main - Kendrick Lamar/Catfish & The Bottlemen/Wolf Alice/The Wombats/The Hunna/Glass Animals
NME - All Time Low/Chvrches
Saturday:
Main - Foo Fighters/Imagine Dragons/Pixies/The Amazons/Declan McKenna/Inheaven
NME - The Chainsmokers/Kaleo
Sunday:
Main - Paramore/Royal Blood/Courteeners/Sum 41/Creeper/Black Honey
NME - The Vaccines/Macklemore

The Hunna, Glass Animals and Chvrches are all definitely too low. Also there's been info that Wolf Alice are likely to be NME headliners.

Changed my 2019 prediction to:

Friday
Main: The 1975, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Pale Waves, Charli xcx, BROCKHAMPTON, The Sherlocks, Cabbage
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha

Saturday
Main: 
Green Day, The Vaccines, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, AJ Tracey
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes

Sunday
Main: Bring Me The Horizon, Post Malone, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, While She Sleeps, Skindred
NME: Blossoms, Sundara Karma

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday
Main: The 1975, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Pale Waves, Charli xcx, BROCKHAMPTON, The Sherlocks, Cabbage

Great you can have a crotch rubbed in your face and then be force fed a cum sandwich.

And that's somehow not as bad as having to listen to them play their songs.

Edit: And are Pale Waves a big thing? Just assumed they were a new version of Sundara Karma or Spring King or something.

Also think The Vaccines aren't gonna get a bigger slot than the third down they got in 2016. Still 3rd or NME headliners for me.

Edited by Gucci Piggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha

Saturday
Main: 
Green Day, The Vaccines, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, AJ Tracey
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes

Sunday
Main: Bring Me The Horizon, Post Malone, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, While She Sleeps, Skindred
NME: Blossoms, Sundara Karma

Damn you are going in on the 2019 predictions aren't you :P

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Great you can have a crotch rubbed in your face and then be force fed a cum sandwich.

And that's somehow not as bad as having to listen to them play their songs.

Edit: And are Pale Waves a big thing? Just assumed they were a new version of Sundara Karma or Spring King or something.

Also think The Vaccines aren't gonna get a bigger slot than the third down they got in 2016. Still 3rd or NME headliners for me.

Pale Waves are more like 1975-lite but with an emo aesthetic. Somehow their songs are even more samey than 1975's catalogue.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

And are Pale Waves a big thing? Just assumed they were a new version of Sundara Karma or Spring King or something.

Kinda hard to say if that spot is an overstatement or not rn, but when you look at recent years there tend to be acts 2nd/3rd/4th on the main stage that you wouldn't have predicted a year and a half before (Blossoms 2017, BBK 2016, Royal Blood 2015, Macklemore 2014, potentially The Hunna this year). Also, considering Pale Waves haven't even got an EP out yet but they've already gained this much attention, I'd say they're the best bet for a brand new act to blow up this year/the next. Should have a debut album out for sure before next summer.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah fair with The Vaccines, I just thought with Green Day they could justify a weaker sub, and because their set will probably be 2-2.5 hours long the sub would be playing closer to the normal 3rd spot anyway. Same reason I'm predicting Courteeners to sub Foos this year.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Damn you are going in on the 2019 predictions aren't you :P

Just bored of predicting 2018 now till we get some more solid info haha.

35 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Kinda hard to say if that spot is an overstatement or not rn, but when you look at recent years there tend to be acts 2nd/3rd/4th on the main stage that you wouldn't have predicted a year and a half before (Blossoms 2017, BBK 2016, Royal Blood 2015, Macklemore 2014, potentially The Hunna this year). Also, considering Pale Waves haven't even got an EP out yet but they've already gained this much attention, I'd say they're the best bet for a brand new act to blow up this year/the next. Should have a debut album out for sure before next summer.

Yeah fair with The Vaccines, I just thought with Green Day they could justify a weaker sub, and because their set will probably be 2-2.5 hours long the sub would be playing closer to the normal 3rd spot anyway. Same reason I'm predicting Courteeners to sub Foos this year.

Fair enough, I know nothing about Pale Waves, just assumed they were that kinda band based on where I've seen them spoken about, etc. You're right about there usually being an act or two up there who we wouldn't have expected this far in advance.

Fair on The Vaccines thing but last time Green Day played they had SOAD before them. For me, thinking they could get away with a smaller sub under Foos is because of how huge they are rather than how long they'll play. I don't really think Green Day would sell a ridiculous amount of tickets so I think it'd be more difficult to get away with a smaller sub.i think ADTR would probably be a good shout to sub them, assuming they'll have an album out by then.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fair on The Vaccines thing but last time Green Day played they had SOAD before them. For me, thinking they could get away with a smaller sub under Foos is because of how huge they are rather than how long they'll play. I don't really think Green Day would sell a ridiculous amount of tickets so I think it'd be more difficult to get away with a smaller sub.i think ADTR would probably be a good shout to sub them, assuming they'll have an album out by then.

Reckon Green Day would sell pretty well especially if it was a UK/European exclusive, but yeah probably not as well as Foos will this year.

I also considered ADTR, they could sub BMTH as well if both play in 2019, although I think ADTR might be more likely for 2020.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Reckon Green Day would sell pretty well especially if it was a UK/European exclusive, but yeah probably not as well as Foos will this year.

I also considered ADTR, they could sub BMTH as well if both play in 2019, although I think ADTR might be more likely for 2020.

Aye I'm assuming if Green Day play, though, it'll be as part of a larger tour promoting a new album.

Yeah could defo sub BMTH too, I actually scrolled up to see if you'd predicted that before suggesting them haha. Fair enough, reckon they'll be here as soon as they've released an album, though, having subbed Download last year (unless they get booked to headline Download, but I dunno if that's likely).

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Fair enough, I know nothing about Pale Waves, just assumed they were that kinda band based on where I've seen them spoken about, etc. You're right about there usually being an act or two up there who we wouldn't have expected this far in advance.

Remember that back when GD had SOAD, tickers were still best part of £100, £96 probably for a day ticket. They would now be selling that day £25 less at least.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Remember that back when GD had SOAD, tickers were still best part of £100, £96 probably for a day ticket. They would now be selling that day £25 less at least.

Yeah but they still gave Green Day the strongest sub of the weekend so they obviously weren't taking the stance of "Green Day will sell tickets easily so we can give them a weaker sub". I think if they play again next year it'll be the same in that they won't get a considerably weaker sub than the other two days. But yeah I'm not expecting them to have a sub as big as SOAD again.

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah but they still gave Green Day the strongest sub of the weekend so they obviously weren't taking the stance of "Green Day will sell tickets easily so we can give them a weaker sub". I think if they play again next year it'll be the same in that they won't get a considerably weaker sub than the other two days. But yeah I'm not expecting them to have a sub as big as SOAD again.

TBF, I can see an argument against them under Biffy who did actually sell their day out. Eminem is the strongest ticket shiftier the festival has had when he last played and before, even above most if not everyone since he played years ago. I will point out I mean for the fest circuit, not their own tours, although Foo's are yet to play since hitting Wembley twice and other dates in 2015. With Green Day, remember that they also did Emirates that year too on June 1st...just under 4 months earlier than Reading which will have impacted and was a stupid decision by FR not only to allow it but the timing of announcements and sales too. GD hadn't even sold Emirates before Reading went on sale so that justified them needing a big sub. SOAD also have only done one Wembley date as a UK date since 2005, before that was 2002 as their own headline dates....we don't even know how well they would sell a full UK arena tour, although I'd expect fairly well.

Maybe a bit ambitious but I mean, I have no fucking clue what to expect if we get 2 stages (also, apparently I'm crap at creating a poster from scratch rather than just copying an old one lmao).

Think that would be a solid set of headliners, with Paramore effectively being the 6th one (to stop it being a sausage fest etc.) Maybe swap Courteeners and Catfish? I kinda have no idea how many acts to expect, like 14? Who fuckin knows

2STAGEFAKE.png

• Upvote 1