The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well they’ve got an academy tour coming up and second main is really a pretty tiny slot nowadays so I’d say so. There tends to be one or two early 00’s rock/metal bands buried among the main stage running order so they suit it well if Live Nation are trying to make a thing out of them again.

Fair enough. In my mind they're one hit wonders so it looks strange to me. But I'd have said the same about Papa Roach and they went down well.

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I know I only posted one a couple of days ago but I tweaked it based on what people said etc.

Probably being a bit optimistic with the Friendly Fires slot, we'd probs get Anderson.Paak or Cage The Elephant in that slot instead.

HALFprediction5.png

if you swapped brockhampton with the amazons and don broco with j hus then it'd look a bit more realistic

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I know I only posted one a couple of days ago but I tweaked it based on what people said etc.

Probably being a bit optimistic with the Friendly Fires slot, we'd probs get Anderson.Paak or Cage The Elephant in that slot instead.

HALFprediction5.png

Anderson .Paak better than 99% of artists on that lineup so good.

Either J-Hus or The Hunna should be 3rd down instead of Don Broco I think.

Edit: On the topic of Anderson .Paak i didnt get why everyone was predicting him at first but he was announced for an American festival last week so he is actually active in the Summer now. Would be a great booking as an NME sub or something.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

HALFprediction5.png

Put a gun to my head and I could still not pick out what you’ve changed since last one.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Put a gun to my head and I could still not pick out what you’ve changed since last one.

Moved Up on main: Everything Everything, Code Orange, Nothing But Thieves, Creeper, Don Broco (admittedly probs should have been hunna instead)

Removed from main: Loyle Carner, Alien Ant Farm, The Vaccines

Added to main: Arcane Roots, Pale Waves, Twin Atlantic

Moved up on NME: Sigrid

Removed from NME: The Kooks, The internet, Cage The Elephant, Portugal. The Man

Added To NME: Kygo, Brockhampton,, Friendly Fires, Muna, Rex Orange County

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

HALFprediction5.png

Code Orange won't be that high. That puts them on a par with Skindred and higher than Clutch. Honestly, I think they might be wasted on a main stage at R&L, but given that they're Kerrang cover stars I can see them going for it, also since they haven't been announced for anything around Download. I think Mastodon will be there for that reason, also. Trivium possibly, too.

Okay so I'm gunna have a Final go at a prediction, based about 50% of what I think will happen and 50% of preference

Friday

Main: Royal Blood/Paramore // CHVRCHES // Chase and Status // The Hunna // Anderson.paak // Declan McKenna // Tonight Alive // Big Shaq (Special Guest Opener)

NME: Pixes // Lower than Atlantis 

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // 30 Seconds to Mars // The Vaccines // Don Broco // Friendly Fires // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Wolf Alice // Cage the Elephant 

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Stormzy // Vampire Weekend // The Wombats // Nothing but Thieves // Marmozets // Beartooth

NME: Enter Shikari // Post Malone

2 minutes ago, C14S said:

Okay so I'm gunna have a Final go at a prediction, based about 50% of what I think will happen and 50% of preference

Friday

Main: Royal Blood/Paramore // CHVRCHES // Chase and Status // The Hunna // Anderson.paak // Declan McKenna // Tonight Alive // Big Shaq (Special Guest Opener)

NME: Pixes // Lower than Atlantis 

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // 30 Seconds to Mars // The Vaccines // Don Broco // Friendly Fires // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Wolf Alice // Cage the Elephant 

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Stormzy // Vampire Weekend // The Wombats // Nothing but Thieves // Marmozets // Beartooth

NME: Enter Shikari // Post Malone

Take away Chvrches and bump everyone else up a spot. Same with vampire Weekend, the wombats and nothing but thieves could each move up a spot. Reckon Post Malone is too low too.

Apart from that looks feasible yeah.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Take away Chvrches and bump everyone else up a spot. Same with vampire Weekend, the wombats and nothing but thieves could each move up a spot. Reckon Post Malone is too low too.

Apart from that looks feasible yeah.

Ta v much

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

For what it's worth I think you've got The Wombats and Nothing But Thieves in the correct positions.

I guess you could make a case for The Wombats but I definitely think 5th main for Nothing But Thieves is a bit low. 4th main or NME sub I reckon.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I guess you could make a case for The Wombats but I definitely think 5th main for Nothing But Thieves is a bit low. 4th main or NME sub I reckon.

I class NME sub as being pretty much equivalent to 5th main tbh. I don't think Tory Lanez, Glass Animals or Halsey could have played 4th down main last year.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I class NME sub as being pretty much equivalent to 5th main tbh. I don't think Tory Lanez, Glass Animals or Halsey could have played 4th down main last year.

Yeah I guess, it's a bit ambiguous but I tend to think NME headliners are roughly 3rd/4th main and NME subs are 4th/5th main. Maybe they wouldn't have the pull against a main stage act to be NME headliners which is why I have them as subs, but if they were on the main stage I think they could comfortably be 4th. I'd say they're as big as Giggs / ATDI / Jimmy Eat World from this year.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah I guess, it's a bit ambiguous but I tend to think NME headliners are roughly 3rd/4th main and NME subs are 4th/5th main. Maybe they wouldn't have the pull against a main stage act to be NME headliners which is why I have them as subs, but if they were on the main stage I think they could comfortably be 4th. I'd say they're as big as Giggs / ATDI / Jimmy Eat World from this year.

Yeah fair point on ATDI at least; didn't have a look at last year's 4th downs when I looked at the NME subs. I wouldn't be surprised to see them 4th to be fair, but equally wouldn't be surprised to see them 5th. Looking at last year's poster now the act I'd consider to be most similar to them stature-wise would probably be Circa Waves.

With The Wombats I think 3rd is too much; surely they haven't had that much of a resurgence that they're at the level of TDCC or Korn? And even though Blossoms got shunted up the lineup quickly I'd say they're more popular than The Wombats are atm.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah fair point on ATDI at least; didn't have a look at last year's 4th downs when I looked at the NME subs. I wouldn't be surprised to see them 4th to be fair, but equally wouldn't be surprised to see them 5th. Looking at last year's poster now the act I'd consider to be most similar to them stature-wise would probably be Circa Waves.

With The Wombats I think 3rd is too much; surely they haven't had that much of a resurgence that they're at the level of TDCC or Korn? And even though Blossoms got shunted up the lineup quickly I'd say they're more popular than The Wombats are atm.

Aye I don't actually think the wombats are gonna be there this year, there seems to be too many other relevant acts they could book instead. If they are though neither 3rd or 4th main would surprise me, probably only 3rd if there's a strong headliner i.e. Foos who'd also get a longer set so they'd be on earlier than most 3rds anyway.

could see 2019 looking somewhat like this

Friday
Main: The 1975, Chvrches, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, BROCKHAMPTON, Skindred
NME: Run the Jewels, Architects

Saturday
Main: 
Green Day, A$AP Rocky, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps, AJ Tracey (or some other up and coming grime artist)
NME: Blossoms, Sundara Karma

Sunday
Main: 
The Strokes, Tame Impala, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, The Sherlocks, Cabbage
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes