The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't get trap at all. Guess it just isn't my thing.

Some of it is utter shit to me, but there’s a few certain people that do it well. I love fast flows or really hyped up stuff and that’s basically what Ski does. The boring repetitive basic beat shit is not for me at all.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I didn’t know ATL we’re doing that album in full. I just had a look at tickets because that would be some awesome nostalgia and they’re £39 a pop without fees. No wonder nobody is going to see them. 

I am actually seeing them with my girlfriend so there's at least two.

To be fair, I don't think it was ever the original plan. Pierce the Veil were the original support and dropped off due to allegations so I think they just saw a chance to bring the anniversary shows they'd done in the States over without adding more dates and it seeming like a desperate cash grab. Plus it'll probably attract fans of the album and add on a few sales to the tour.

However awful it'd be I do think there's a genuine chance that Imagine Dragons could coheadline.

They've not been mentioned much, but what are the chances of Deftones making an appearance? They're doing early summer festivals in Europe, but it's probably not out of the question for them to come back for R&L and a few other later ones too.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

However awful it'd be I do think there's a genuine chance that Imagine Dragons could coheadline.

They've not been mentioned much, but what are the chances of Deftones making an appearance? They're doing early summer festivals in Europe, but it's probably not out of the question for them to come back for R&L and a few other later ones too.

Don't think it rules them out as you say but I'd think it makes them unlikely for now.

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Probably overly pessimistic tbh.

On an unrelated note, I can see Paramore outright headlining and Royal Blood subbing. I have a hunch.

I think this thread is testament to the fact that no line up prediction has ever been overly pessimistic. It's always worse than we're expecting. :P

Tried for something different...

Royal Blood + Paramore / Weezer / The Hunna / Everything Everything / Charlie XCX / The Wonder Years / Milk Teeth / Black Peaks

Silk City / Lil Uzi Vert / Rat Boy / Lower Than Atlantis

The Pit:  Skindred / Every Time I Die / La Dispute  Festival Republic: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Dance: Annie Mac 1Xtra: Joey Bada$$

Foo Fighters / Wolf Alice / Vampire Weekend / J Hus / Of Mice and Men / Creeper / Alien Ant Farm / Idles / Code Orange

Travi$ Scott / Nothing But Thieves / Slaves / The Cribs

The Pit: Trivium / Motionless In White / Counterparts Festival Republic: Peace 1Xtra: Krept & Konan Dance: Madeon

Kendrick Lamar / Alt-J / Enter Shikari / Mastodon / Glassjaw / Loyle Carner / The Sherlocks / Fickle Friends / Cabbage

The Vaccines / Zack De La Rocha / Dave / Black Boner

Lock Up: Taking Back Sunday / The Story So Far / As It Is Festival Republic: Amber Run 1Xtra: Brockhampton Dance: Gorgon City

Edited by Steve1000
That was meant to say Black Honey but it's staying

3 hours ago, justanothername said:

I wish I was going to their tour now but it's slap bang in the middle of my exams. I'd love to hear No Friend with an actually good vocal mix. Oh well. Though they do need to stop doing HalfNoise covers. There is literally no point to them. 

I'm right excited for Friday. I'd have liked if Played God had stuck in their setlist for this leg of their tour, having been a constant in the last few months, but other than that I can't have any real complaints. After Laugher was a joy and I have no doubt that the band are capable of translating it into a live environment.

Mind you, I would lose my shit if in the midst of all their mellifluous synth-pop tracks they drop Emergency outta nowhere. 

Main: The 1975, Chvrches, Bombay Bicycle Club, Cage the Elephant, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, The Sherlocks, Cabbage
NME: Run the Jewels, Zack de la Rocha, Bugzy Malone, Death Grips

Main: Kanye West, Tame Impala, Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Brockhampton, Skindred
NME: Blossoms, Sundara Karma, Rat Boy

Main: Green Day, Giggs, Limp Bizkit, Neck Deep, While She Sleeps
NME: Jamie xx, Grimes

Hmmm 2019 is tricky

Main: The 1975/Twenty One Pilots (coheadline) // Stormzy // Circa Waves
NME: Brockhampton // The Amazons

Main: Kanye West // CHVRCHES // The Vaccines // Tyler The Creator
NME: Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant

Main: My Chemical Romance // A Day To Remember // Giggs // Architects
NME: Mura Masa // Charli XCX

Could probs swap 21P with Imagine Dragons or Catfish tbh. Feel like The Vaccines may be too low but after their placing at Community idk. Stormzy probs a slot too low too

There are so many bands there with a strong possibility of playing this year on the same stage as you predicted, no wonder it’s tricky. :lol:

Circa Waves won’t be improving on last year’s position - of that I am sure. Their stylistic shift for this second album from summery indie pop towards homogenised rock bores essentially set the countdown on their career.

42 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hmmm 2019 is tricky

Main: The 1975/Twenty One Pilots (coheadline) // Stormzy // Circa Waves
NME: Brockhampton // The Amazons

Main: Kanye West // CHVRCHES // The Vaccines // Tyler The Creator
NME: Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant

Main: My Chemical Romance // A Day To Remember // Giggs // Architects
NME: Mura Masa // Charli XCX

Could probs swap 21P with Imagine Dragons or Catfish tbh. Feel like The Vaccines may be too low but after their placing at Community idk. Stormzy probs a slot too low too

The 1975 won't need to coheadline in 2019, although I do think 21P could be a potential coheadliner. Guess they could do the same as they did with Biffy/FoB where Biffy was essentially the headliner even though it was stylised as a coheadline.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The 1975 won't need to coheadline in 2019, although I do think 21P could be a potential coheadliner. Guess they could do the same as they did with Biffy/FoB where Biffy was essentially the headliner even though it was stylised as a coheadline.

Tbf I wouldn't have said QOTSA, Paramore, Foals or Biffy Clyro needed to co-headline. I think it's something more brought on by circumstance of having two bands willing to do it rather than trying to get an extra headliner in to prop up a weak one.

Say they already have The 1975, Green Day and Kanye West booked to headline, and then Twenty One Pilots are also available and The 1975 are willing to share the headline spot, I'm sure they'd book it.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There are so many bands there with a strong possibility of playing this year on the same stage as you predicted, no wonder it’s tricky. :lol:

Circa Waves won’t be improving on last year’s position - of that I am sure. Their stylistic shift for this second album from summery indie pop towards homogenised rock bores essentially set the countdown on their career.

Really? I thought that swap made them a lot more appealing to the reading population, could easily see them becoming a two door cinema club sized act. Summery and fun but nothing groundbreaking.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I dunno, I think Royal Blood are more likely to solo headline than 1975 are, they have a way wider appeal than 1975 do and are just more popular in general imo. I know 1975 are big, but I would say that coheadline is similar to (or tbh even weaker than) the Paramore/QOTSA one in 2014

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Really? I thought that swap made them a lot more appealing to the reading population, could easily see them becoming a two door cinema club sized act. Summery and fun but nothing groundbreaking.

I dunno, I think Royal Blood are more likely to solo headline than 1975 are, they have a way wider appeal than 1975 do and are just more popular in general imo. I know 1975 are big, but I would say that coheadline is similar to (or tbh even weaker than) the Paramore/QOTSA one in 2014

Isn't that the point? That's where they were looking like heading until the stylistic change on their second album?

And do Royal Blood have a way wider appeal than The 1975?

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf I wouldn't have said QOTSA, Paramore, Foals or Biffy Clyro needed to co-headline. I think it's something more brought on by circumstance of having two bands willing to do it rather than trying to get an extra headliner in to prop up a weak one.

Say they already have The 1975, Green Day and Kanye West booked to headline, and then Twenty One Pilots are also available and The 1975 are willing to share the headline spot, I'm sure they'd book it.

I could see The 1975 not being willing though. They played slightly lower slots last year at Glasto and Reading with their next spot in mind according to Neil so they obviously have a vision about it, and ceding a headline slot to some other band probably isn't in it.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah but they moved away from the Two Door stuff and towards Catfish. Boring disposable rock, and they didn't seem to improve on it popularity-wise either.

Also The 1975 are way bigger and wide-appealing than you're giving them credit for. Royal Blood are big, no doubt, but The 1975 will be among the world's biggest bands when their next album hits.

edit: tbh Twenty One Pilots are in the same boat as them. They're gonna be absolutely massive. Those two bands could successfully headline a night each when their albums are out.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Isn't that the point? That's where they were looking like heading until the stylistic change on their second album?

And do Royal Blood have a way wider appeal than The 1975?

Were they looking like headlining? Damn I had always written them off like Slaves/Sherlocks/Cabbage etc. as just a phase lmao

I would say Royal Blood do, appeal with people who like heavier rock and alt rock, can keep the crowd hyped etc.

In my experience, 1975 are very marmite. People either love their style or think its way too poppy & downtempo. I guess it's more popular with the whole teenage girls, just out of GCSE demo that R&L likes targetting?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Also The 1975 are way bigger and wide-appealing than you're giving them credit for. Royal Blood are big, no doubt, but The 1975 will be among the world's biggest bands when their next album hits.

Really? lmao I am so out of touch then aha.

Friday

Royal Blood // Childish Gambino // Foster the People // The Wombats// Wretch 32 // Creeper // Marmozets // Arcane Roots // Idles

MGMT // Death From Above // Wilkinson (live)

1xtra: AJ Tracey

FR: The Sherlocks 

Dance: Annie Mac 

Pit: The Story so Far 

Saturday

Kendrick Lamar // Vampire Weekend // The Kooks // Cage the Elephant // Peace // Tonight Alive // Little Comets // Black Honey // Pale Waves

Enter Shikari // J Hus // Declan McKenna

1xtra: Krept & Konan

FR: Feeder

Dance: Gorgon City 

Pit: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes 

Sunday

Foo Fighters // Catfish & the Bottlemen // The Vaccines // DON BROCO  // Everything Everything // Alien Ant Farm // Fickle Friends // Night Cafe // Redfaces

Wolf Alice // Nothing But Thieves // Neck deep

1xtra: Joey Bada$$

FR: DMA's

Dance: Kygo

Lock Up: Glassjaw 

Tried to throw some curve balls in, I accidentally deleted it first time round so there may be some mistakes. This wouldn't be my actual prediction just wanted to have some more surprise acts.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Friday

Royal Blood // Childish Gambino // Foster the People // The Wombats// Wretch 32 // Creeper // Marmozets // Arcane Roots // Idles

MGMT // Death From Above // Wilkinson (live)

1xtra: AJ Tracey

FR: The Sherlocks 

Dance: Annie Mac 

Pit: The Story so Far 

Saturday

Kendrick Lamar // Vampire Weekend // The Kooks // Cage the Elephant // Peace // Tonight Alive // Little Comets // Black Honey // Pale Waves

Enter Shikari // J Hus // Declan McKenna

1xtra: Krept & Konan

FR: Feeder

Dance: Gorgon City 

Pit: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes 

Sunday

Foo Fighters // Catfish & the Bottlemen // The Vaccines // DON BROCO  // Everything Everything // Alien Ant Farm // Fickle Friends // Night Cafe // Redfaces

Wolf Alice // Nothing But Thieves // Neck deep

1xtra: Joey Bada$$

FR: DMA's

Dance: Kygo

Lock Up: Glassjaw 

Tried to throw some curve balls in, I accidentally deleted it first time round so there may be some mistakes. This wouldn't be my actual prediction just wanted to have some more surprise acts.

you've got the strongest undercard on the strongest day and the weakest undercard on the weakest day