The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

6 minutes ago, C14S said:

Okay so imma have a go here, might be awful and I’ve only done 7 main stage acts bcoz doing more is hard

Friday: 

Main: RB/Paramore // Chvrches // Enter Shikari // The Hunna // Friendly Fires // Declan McKenna // Tonight Alive

NME: Chase & Status // Post Malone

Saturday:

Main: Foos // 30STM // Wolf Alice // Don Broco // Anderson.Paak // Black Honey // Arcane Roots 

NME: Vaccines // Cage the Elephant

Sunday

Main: Kendrick // Stormzy // Vampire Weekend // Wombats // Nothing But Thieves // Marmozets // Big Shaq

NME: Pixies // Lower Than Atlantis

Any feedback would be appreciated:)

Looks almost entirely reasonable. Only thing I’d say is take Shikari or Friendly Fires out of that first day because it’s a bit crowded among those top slots (tho would probably be fine with just the one headliner). But yeah, good job.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Looks almost entirely reasonable. Only thing I’d say is take Shikari or Friendly Fires out of that first day because it’s a bit crowded among those top slots (tho would probably be fine with just the one headliner). But yeah, good job.

Is it too strong in that top 5-6? 

16 minutes ago, C14S said:

Okay so imma have a go here, might be awful and I’ve only done 7 main stage acts bcoz doing more is hard

Friday: 

Main: RB/Paramore // Chvrches // Enter Shikari // The Hunna // Friendly Fires // Declan McKenna // Tonight Alive

Saturday:

Main: Foos // 30STM // Wolf Alice // Don Broco // Anderson.Paak // Black Honey // Arcane Roots 

Sunday

Main: Kendrick // Stormzy // Vampire Weekend // Wombats // Nothing But Thieves // Marmozets // Big Shaq

Think Royal Blood would probably solo headline and not sure if CHVRCHES would play the exact same position 2 years later.

30STM are looking unlikely. Replace them with someone like CATB or god forbid Imagine Dragons, then stick a fairly strong sub under RB and your not far off. My predictions coming up and it's really not much better. :lol:

Edited by ollieg99

4 minutes ago, ollieg99 said:

Think Royal Blood would probably solo headline and not sure if CHVRCHES would play the exact same position 2 years later.

30STM are looking unlikely. Replace them with someone like CATB or god forbid Imagine Dragons, then stick a fairly strong sub under RB and your not far off. My predictions coming up and it's really not much better. :lol:

30STM is hopeful I agree, but id like to see them there. Thanks :)

Edited by C14S

1 hour ago, C14S said:

Friday: 

Saturday:

Sunday

My only additional feedback would be that Shikari would probably be better at night due to their lights etc. NME headliner would be really good but then I wouldn't have a clue which to swap out for them :lol:.  My personal preference more than anything. Decent prediction anyway.

22 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

My only additional feedback would be that Shikari would probably be better at night due to their lights etc. NME headliner would be really good but then I wouldn't have a clue which to swap out for them :lol:.  My personal preference more than anything. Decent prediction anyway.

Could maybe swap with Vaccines?? Or have pixies where CHVRCHES are and CHVRCHES where 30STM are?

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / alt-J (coheadline), Wolf Alice, The Hunna, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes, Big Shaq (special guest opener)
NME: The Streets, J Hus, Wilkinson (live), Dave, SZA, BROCKHAMPTON, Creeper, Pale Waves, Spring King, Darlia, The 1975 (secret set), Milk Teeth
Dance: Hannah Wants, ??, Faithless (DJ set)
FR: Liam Fray
Pit: Gogol Bordello
1xtra: A$AP Ferg

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Travis Scott, Deftones, Don Broco, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, The Internet, King Krule, DMA's, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Amazons, Amber Run, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood, Bad Sounds
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: Peace, SWMRS, Oh Sees
Lock Up: Sleeping With Sirens
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, Vampire Weekend, Cage the Elephant, Krept & Konan, Tonight Alive, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: Pixies, Nothing But Thieves, Death From Above, PVRIS, Miles Kane, Portugal. The Man, Sigrid, Alvvays, Little Comets, The Big Moon, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run, Public Service Broadcasting, Julien Baker
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: AJ Tracey

1 hour ago, ollieg99 said:

Right. I'll have a go as well. This one's a bit wild/clutching at straws but nvm. Worth a bash!

leedsprediction.png

For a prediction you're calling "wild" this pretty damn realistic haha. I'd say The Wombats maybe a slot too high, possibly same with Pixies. Other than that, the rest are probably all genuine contenders for those slots, well done haha.

• Upvote 1

I’ve decided to have a go myself. Most of this is based on what we’ve being saying for a while, some is personal preference and the dance stage and radio 1 extra stage are copied because I had no idea. I’d also have Big Shaq as a special guest opener and Marshmallo closing the NME (both on the Friday). What improvements should I make to it?

7553D601-6A60-4B7F-A667-4C0DCB57F220.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Realistically, if Friendly Fires were to play where would they place? NME headliner? NME Sub? 4th/5th down Main? I have no clue how relevant they are anymore.

4th/5th main sounds about right to me? I’m no expert tho

14 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Realistically, if Friendly Fires were to play where would they place? NME headliner? NME Sub? 4th/5th down Main? I have no clue how relevant they are anymore.

Probably 4th or NME headliner. I'm not sure whether they would considering all the options available though.

On another note, Merry Christmas to everyone who's sad enough (like me) to look at these forums today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Probably 4th or NME headliner. I'm not sure whether they would considering all the options available though.

On another note, Merry Christmas to everyone who's sad enough (like me) to look at these forums today.

Lol me too :P

been looking at the mix of acts at the top each day in recent years and I reckon it'll be something along these lines. of course some acts a likely to be different, but something similar to the mix of genres/acts here:

Friday main: Royal Blood / Paramore, Wolf Alice, Post Malone, Everything Everything
Friday NME: Marshmello (closing set), The Streets, The Internet

Saturday main: Foo Fighters, Travis Scott, Vampire Weekend, Don Broco, Mastodon
Saturday NME: Jungle, J Hus, Wilkinson (live)

Sunday main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Krept & Konan
Sunday NME: Pixies, Nothing But Thieves, Death From Above

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

been looking at the mix of acts at the top each day in recent years and I reckon it'll be something along these lines. of course some acts a likely to be different, but something similar to the mix of genres/acts here:

Friday main: Royal Blood / Paramore, Wolf Alice, Post Malone, Everything Everything
Friday NME: Marshmello (closing set), The Streets, The Internet

Saturday main: Foo Fighters, Travis Scott, Vampire Weekend, Don Broco, Mastodon
Saturday NME: Jungle, J Hus, Wilkinson (live)

Sunday main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, The Hunna, Cage the Elephant, Krept & Konan
Sunday NME: Pixies, Nothing But Thieves, Death From Above

Can't see any of those NME headliners happening tbh.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Can't see any of those NME headliners happening tbh.

As in you don't think they'll play at all or they'd play in different places? It's fair to say that perhaps none of them will make an appearance, but I think if any of them do then they'd all be best suited to be NME headliners.