The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

If they were to go with that format that @Mattymooz said then I'm saying something like:

Royal Blood/Paramore

Pixies/CHVRCHES/The Wombats/MK/J Hus

AJ Tracey//Astroid Boys//Declan McKenna//Girl Ray//Grandson//IDK//Jay Prince//Krept & Konan//MoStack//Nghtmre//Nick Hakim//Pretty Vicious//RAYE//Rise Against//The Cribs//The Magic Gang//The Pale White//The Sherlocks//Tom Misch(Live)//Trapt//Troyboi

Foo Fighters

Travis Scott//The Vaccines//Friendly Fires//Zeds Dead

1991//Azizi Gibson//Basement//Bicep//Blaenavon//Everything Everything//FRONTEERS//Fickle Friends//GTA//HMLTD//Joey Bada$$//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Nothing But Thieves//Pale Waves//Rex Orange County//Skindred//Slaves//Spring King//The Hunna//The Night Cafe//Tion Wayne//Tom Zanetti//Tonight Alive

Kendrick Lamar

Tame Impala//Enter Shikari//Wolf Alice//Don Broco//Hannah Wants

A$AP Ferg//Big Narstie//Black Honey//Blonde//Bonkaz//Bugzy Malone//Creeper//Deaf Havana//Denzel Curry//Kideko//Lil Uzi Vert//Misfires//Peace//Section Boyz//She Drew The Gun//Shift K3y//Superfood//The Luka State//Tom Grennan//Youngblood Hawke//Yxng Bane

What slot are you putting CHVRCHES in on the Friday? They played under a coheadline off their last album, surely they have grown since then?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

What slot are you putting CHVRCHES in on the Friday? They played under a coheadline off their last album, surely they have grown since then?

I had them as an NME headliner. You think they’d sub a solo headliner instead?

Edited by Jayvk

4 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I had them as an NME headliner. You think they’d sub a solo headliner instead?

I mean, they played third down last time so I think with a new album out theyd hope theyd get bigger. Guess it depends on how well the album is recieved? I dunno Im a CHVRCHES fanboi so probs not best to listen to what i say lmao

34 minutes ago, stanh said:

I'm trying to think up acts that aren't indie to go on there, but tbf I could see Lily Allen being lower down the main stage 

I don't agree there was too much indie on the previous one. The main stage was rammed with indie this year - it's likely gonna be the most present genre on the main stage.

I don't think there's much of a Lily Allen contingent at R+L personally. If she's back (is she back?) then she'd most likely play V Fest.

Paramore + Royal Blood (co-headline) / Pixies / The Hunna / Everything Everything / Tonight Alive / Creeper / Arcane Roots / Black Honey 

Travis Scott / J Hus 

The Story So Far 

Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons / Wolf Alice / Post Malone / Cage The Elephant / The Amazons / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq 

All Time Low / Nothing But Thieves 

Killswitch Engage 

Foo Fighters / Stormzy / The Wombats / Don Broco / Death From Above / Bugzy Malone / Marmozets / The Menzingers / Idles 

The Vaccines / Friendly Fires 

Glassjaw 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore + Royal Blood (co-headline) / Pixies / The Hunna / Everything Everything / Tonight Alive / Creeper / Arcane Roots / Black Honey 

Travis Scott / J Hus 

The Story So Far 

Kendrick Lamar / Imagine Dragons / Wolf Alice / Post Malone / Cage The Elephant / The Amazons / Declan McKenna / Fickle Friends / Big Shaq 

Killswitch Engage 

Foo Fighters / Stormzy / The Wombats / Don Broco / Death From Above / Bugzy Malone / Marmozets / The Menzingers / Idles 

Glassjaw 

this looks pretty accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was very similar to this.

Just one thing that ive been thinking about to do with pixies, do you think because theyve headlined 3(?) times over many years since 1990 and theyre well respected there and that,  maybe FR would only book them as NME headliner staying polite and still giving them a headline set instead of literally pushing them down 2 slots and shortening their set time to what theyve done before emphasising that they aren't as relevant now? 

Might be a completely invalid point but ive been thinking about that for a while, let me know what you think.

Edited by Jack w

43 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Travis Scott / J Hus 

The Story So Far 

Killswitch Engage 

Glassjaw 

100% sure Fickle Friends wont be first on (as Big Shaq doesnt really count as he only has Mans not hot and that rumoured ed sheeran collab)

Other than that I would love this (other than Imagine Dragons...)

25 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

This forum does not give up on Zack de la Rocha playing R&L.

Edit: Wtf Blossoms subbing NME? They played 3rd Main this year.

aye Zack de la Rocha is more of a hopeful prediction, I reckon if he does ever do a solo tour then he'd be a very probable booking though.

and yeah like I said Blossoms are probably low and would be NME headliners. Just put them there with the thought that in hindsight putting them 3rd main may have been a bit of an overstatement in how big they've become, and if their new album doesn't push them further then 2nd NME doesn't look too bad. But in reality yeah, they'd probably be NME headliners.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye Zack de la Rocha is more of a hopeful prediction, I reckon if he does ever do a solo tour then he'd be a very probable booking though.

and yeah like I said Blossoms are probably low and would be NME headliners. Just put them there with the thought that in hindsight putting them 3rd main may have been a bit of an overstatement in how big they've become, and if their new album doesn't push them further then 2nd NME doesn't look too bad. But in reality yeah, they'd probably be NME headliners.

Ah shit sorry I misread it as Sunday NME being too strong.

Okay so imma have a go here, might be awful and I’ve only done 7 main stage acts bcoz doing more is hard

Friday: 

Main: RB/Paramore // Chvrches // Enter Shikari // The Hunna // Friendly Fires // Declan McKenna // Tonight Alive

NME: Chase & Status // Post Malone

Saturday:

Main: Foos // 30STM // Wolf Alice // Don Broco // Anderson.Paak // Black Honey // Arcane Roots 

NME: Vaccines // Cage the Elephant

Sunday

Main: Kendrick // Stormzy // Vampire Weekend // Wombats // Nothing But Thieves // Marmozets // Big Shaq

NME: Pixies // Lower Than Atlantis

Any feedback would be appreciated:)