The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Their festival slots this year were supporting Catfish, 6pm on the second stage at V and an equivalent slot to Maximo Park subbing 10k capacity Truck. If that’s salvation I don’t know why anyone still bothers. :lol:

I mean, they subbed community last year. This year that slot is taken by The Vaccines (who i think most people would agree are 3rd down acts).

Admittedly, the fest has gotten slightly more expensive but imo thats probably because of YM@6 being a lot more stronger than Slaves than anything else.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean, they subbed community last year. This year that slot is taken by The Vaccines (who i think most people would agree are 3rd down acts).

Admittedly, the fest has gotten slightly more expensive but imo thats probably because of YM@6 being a lot more stronger than Slaves than anything else.

£200,000 stronger? It's a wonder they get booked anywhere at that price! :P

14 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Friday= Arctic monkeys // Travis Scott // The wombats 

The Vaccines // Kaleo 

Matoma//

Saturday= Kendrick Lamar // Royal Blood // Vampire weekend

Pixies // Declan McKenna 

Krept and Konan//

Sunday= Foo fighters // Stormzy // Wolf alice 

Lil uzi vert // Django Django 

Sigma//

As much as this would be good, foos and arctics in the same year is  unbeleivably unlikely, plus foos and kendrick would be swapped, as RB (if not co-headlining) would be the perfect sub for foos, and the foos are the bigger attraction (by some distance over Kendrick) to the Reading crowd and Saturday tends to be the biggest day. Also can't see pixies lower than 3rd down, and would def have Black Honey on the main stage, maybe instead of VW, just under pixies, or instead of Matoma on the Friday?? Any other thoughts from anyone?

20 minutes ago, C14S said:

As much as this would be good, foos and arctics in the same year is  unbeleivably unlikely, plus foos and kendrick would be swapped, as RB (if not co-headlining) would be the perfect sub for foos, and the foos are the bigger attraction (by some distance over Kendrick) to the Reading crowd and Saturday tends to be the biggest day. Also can't see pixies lower than 3rd down, and would def have Black Honey on the main stage, maybe instead of VW, just under pixies, or instead of Matoma on the Friday?? Any other thoughts from anyone?

Black Honey aren't gonna play anywhere near as high as the slots you're suggesting. Low Main/NME is where they'll be.

We'll see but I don't think the Wombats would look out of place 3rd down/ NME headliner whatsoever, huge in the indie scene and a guide to love, loss and desperation is still a top album as well as glitterbug having some bangers with Greek tragedy and give me a try. Really would be strange to see them lower than these positions as it would suggest they haven't progressed since 2 years ago, which isn't true. 

Edited by MIchael_scarn

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ok but it’s just weird that their size in the indie scene is strictly confined to Reading and Leeds. I did give out some shitty slots that they played this year just up the page that indicate they’re not actually as huge as suggested.

I feel part of the reason their tour has sold quite poorly is because they did tour in June and i've seen them more than enough times that it's not even worth spending the money to go out my way to see them, which might be different if they were actually performing by me. Always thought it was a strange booking for V but I can see why they did it. I'd say they're the same or more established than 4 out of the 6 acts in the positions i suggested  last year, (Korn & Flume being the exceptions). Guess we'll see though.

29 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

We'll see but I don't think the Wombats would look out of place 3rd down/ NME headliner whatsoever, huge in the indie scene and a guide to love, loss and desperation is still a top album as well as glitterbug having some bangers with Greek tragedy and give me a try. Really would be strange to see them lower than these positions as it would suggest they haven't progressed since 2 years ago, which isn't true. 

It was a good album when it came out and we were 12 years old and liked bands like The Wombats and Pigeon Detectives but really it's w*nk.

1 minute ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I feel part of the reason their tour has sold quite poorly is because they did tour in June and i've seen them more than enough times that it's not even worth spending the money to go out my way to see them, which might be different if they were actually performing by me. Always thought it was a strange booking for V but I can see why they did it. I'd say they're the same or more established than 4 out of the 6 acts in the positions i suggested  last year, (Korn & Flume being the exceptions). Guess we'll see though.

TDCC are easily bigger than them. Blossoms had just had a number one album. You Me at Six and HAIM were pretty weak bookings for their slots, and if the lineup is that weak again then The Wombats may find themselves in that slot, yeah. Think they'll be 4th Main or NME headliners if they play. 3rd Main is too much of a stretch.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

TDCC are easily bigger than them. Blossoms had just had a number one album. You Me at Six and HAIM were pretty weak bookings for their slots, and if the lineup is that weak again then The Wombats may find themselves in that slot, yeah. Think they'll be 4th Main or NME headliners if they play. 3rd Main is too much of a stretch.

Even Haim and YMAS have more claim to those slots than The Wombats. Haven't been around as long, no, but Haim are still world-renowned and getting good slots at other festivals (could you see The Wombats playing in the evening on the Other Stage?) and YMAS have just stepped down from arenas so it woulda been weird to see them lower.

I think it must be the case that The Kooks - a bigger band both now and in their prime - were being predicted for those slots because of their own resurgence and eventually peeps were just like "ah what's the difference?" and slapped Wombats in there instead. :P

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Even Haim and YMAS have more claim to those slots than The Wombats. Haven't been around as long, no, but Haim are still world-renowned and getting good slots at other festivals (could you see The Wombats playing in the evening on the Other Stage?) and YMAS have just stepped down from arenas so it woulda been weird to see them lower.

I think it must be the case that The Kooks - a bigger band both now and in their prime - were being predicted for those slots because of their own resurgence and eventually peeps were just like "ah what's the difference?" and slapped Wombats in there instead. :P

:lol: I was literally just thinking that it's exactly the same as when I thought The Kooks were gonna be in one of those slots last year ffs.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

is there any indication that Anderson Paak is gonna be around for R&L, or is he a hopeful prediction?

For me, just hopeful... (I wanted a rapper and I can tolerate Anderson so)

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Pendulum aside, I think that’s really realistic overall . Good job. 

Think it will be a dnb act still (just dunno which one and Pendulum was the shorter name so fit better on the poster lmao)

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was gonna say A Blaze of Feather aside but yeah that's realistic.

You dont think they'd do it? I've had them down for FR headliner...

Edited by Mattymooz

Just now, Mattymooz said:

You dont think they'd do it? I've had them down for FR headliner...

Ah I see. I was assuming you'd predicted them much higher up because of the acts they were alongside, when in reality they could do FR if they're still touring and haven't wrung out the limited demand for a band of Ben Howard associates.

Don Broco would definitely play higher than either them or Nothing But Thieves so I think they'd be larger font. Everything Everything on their day too, seeing as they're playing venues and festivals slots similar size to The Wombats so they must be third down potentials.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ah I see. I was assuming you'd predicted them much higher up because of the acts they were alongside, when in reality they could do FR if they're still touring and haven't wrung out the limited demand for a band of Ben Howard associates.

Don Broco would definitely play higher than either them or Nothing But Thieves so I think they'd be larger font. Everything Everything on their day too, seeing as they're playing venues and festivals slots similar size to The Wombats so they must be third down potentials.

I just put some bands that were headlining stages on that line with nme heads and subs, and main stage heads, subs and thirds (hunna and jhus were 4th down, so i guess i should have probs moved don broco up to the bigger font too, but oh welllllll)

10 minutes ago, stanh said:

5a3c08561bb34_ScreenShot2017-12-21at19_13_22.png.7e402e36810311b9f2ccfdf6c678c8ed.png 

Not finished it yet, but would like some feedback that can help improve it!

Theres lot's to say but mainly that Bastille subbed last year so won't again and 30stm are too low. If i were you i would just delete the bottom two lines of the nme and leave the headliners. 

15 minutes ago, stanh said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 20.03.17.png

I doubt Courteeners would sub unless they were below a co-headline. Elbow aren't really suited to R&L and I'm pretty sure 30STM are in Europe at the beginning of summer which would pretty much rule them out. Steve's already said about the others but the general idea of it is good.

If they were to go with that format that @Mattymooz said then I'm saying something like:

Royal Blood/Paramore

Pixies/CHVRCHES/The Wombats/MK/J Hus

AJ Tracey//Astroid Boys//Declan McKenna//Girl Ray//Grandson//IDK//Jay Prince//Krept & Konan//MoStack//Nghtmre//Nick Hakim//Pretty Vicious//RAYE//Rise Against//The Cribs//The Magic Gang//The Pale White//The Sherlocks//Tom Misch(Live)//Trapt//Troyboi

Foo Fighters

Travis Scott//The Vaccines//Friendly Fires//Zeds Dead

1991//Azizi Gibson//Basement//Bicep//Blaenavon//Everything Everything//FRONTEERS//Fickle Friends//GTA//HMLTD//Joey Bada$$//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Nothing But Thieves//Pale Waves//Rex Orange County//Skindred//Slaves//Spring King//The Hunna//The Night Cafe//Tion Wayne//Tom Zanetti//Tonight Alive

Kendrick Lamar

Tame Impala//Enter Shikari//Wolf Alice//Don Broco//Hannah Wants

A$AP Ferg//Big Narstie//Black Honey//Blonde//Bonkaz//Bugzy Malone//Creeper//Deaf Havana//Denzel Curry//Kideko//Lil Uzi Vert//Misfires//Peace//Section Boyz//She Drew The Gun//Shift K3y//Superfood//The Luka State//Tom Grennan//Youngblood Hawke//Yxng Bane