The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, Jack w said:

Oh yeah that makes sense, I never New that! Apologies @Jayvk lmao

It's cool haha, I thought one played last at each site but I always kinda assumed the biggest of the two played last at Reading as that's how it's seemed to me. I'm not too sure who's bigger of the two so I just kinda went with my preference haha.

Agreed, however much I like Paramore and think After Laughter was a great album that should have been marketed better, they dont have the same relavence as RB. In saying that, personally I would prefer to pay to see a act headline with more Pedigree like Paramore who doesnt do UK fests much than RB who are at a lot more. IDK, think it would be a tough call

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is what I'm thinking in clashfinder form

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 20.36.06.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 20.36.16.png

If the Main Stage and NME looked anything like that for those two days they can have my money for a weekend ticket immediately.

Is there a strong fifth headline contender or is everyone mutually agreed on some combination of Foos, Arctics, Kendrick and Paramore/RB co-headlining?

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

If the Main Stage and NME looked anything like that for those two days they can have my money for a weekend ticket immediately.

Is there a strong fifth headline contender or is everyone mutually agreed on some combination of Foos, Arctics, Kendrick and Paramore/RB co-headlining?

Arcade Fire is a very distant possibility, and tbh someone else random could coheadline with RB (Prodigy?) or they could solo headline

In saying that I really think it's just those 5, and that everything else is a <1% chance

Hmm, neither Arctics nor Kendrick do it for me, reckon my girlfriend would be pleased enough with Arctics but I'd just be hoping for something good on NME/Lock-Up I think.

Lower down the bill, where would Lower Than Atlantis play if they got booked? Were 5th/6th in 2016 and have a new album since then, would love them to get a decent spot if they're about.

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

Lower down the bill, where would Lower Than Atlantis play if they got booked? Were 5th/6th in 2016 and have a new album since then, would love them to get a decent spot if they're about.

Probably high (2nd?) on the NME. What's going to stop them, in my opinion at least, from going higher is that they aren't great live.

LTA would sub NME, I think. My god are they boring live, though. They were swallowed by the Main Stage in 2016 and were awful supporting Enter Shikari. 

They have Milk Teeth and Boston Manor supporting them on tour in April so I’m going to go just to see those two. Plus it’s in Lincoln so it’d be rude not to. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

LTA would sub NME, I think. My god are they boring live, though. They were swallowed by the Main Stage in 2016 and were awful supporting Enter Shikari. 

They have Milk Teeth and Boston Manor supporting them on tour in April so I’m going to go just to see those two. Plus it’s in Lincoln so it’d be rude not to. 

Completely agree, used to be quite like LTA few years ago but they are so dull live, especially the support for Enter Shikari was dreadful. Astroid Boys were a much better support act haha.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Franz Ferdinand bigger than Enter Shikari :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Jericode said:

They headlined in 2006, do you really think they have the same relevance in 2017? I definitely wouldn't say they were bigger than Shikari.

I know Spotify numbers don't really mean shit but they have 2.5x the number of listeners in London than Shikari. Enter Shikari also don't have a single main stream song, to know their music you have to be a fan (and the new albums shit) whereas everyone and their Nan can recite Take Me Out. Shikari do play bigger venues on tour however, if they did play it'd have to be NME so it's dark.

4 minutes ago, RedBalloon said:

for Franz Ferdinand, you're probably looking at FR stage headliners.

They're not that small. They've got an academy tour lined up with a few sold out dates already. Would say like 4th or NME sub but they probably won't be booked at all.

Was popping in to say I reckon Travis Scott is quite a likely Main Stage sub, but I'm not doing a full, new prediction to incorporate that.