The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

11 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Was gonna do a poster but eh, I wanna see what people think first. I've done whole day for Main and NME, for all other stages I've done as far in the day as I can think of. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FRIDAY:

Main Stage:

Foo Fighters//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Vampire Weekend//The Wombats//Loyle Carner//Sundara Karma//Tonight Alive//Fickle Friends//IDLES

NME:

The Vaccines//Neck Deep//BROCKHAMPTON//Wilkinson//Wretch 32//Rex Orange County//Declan McKenna//Pale Waves//The Night Cafe//Spring King//High Tyde//Bad Sounds

Dance:

Zeds Dead//GTA//Krewella//Tom Zanetti//Drumsound & Bassline Smith//Loadstar

The Lock Up:

Rise Against//The Word Alive//Fightstar

Festival Republic:

Django Django//Wild Beasts//Chastity Belt//Willie J Healy

1Xtra:

Joey Bada$$//Mick Jenkins//WSTRN//Injury Reserve//The Heavytrackerz//Kojo Funds//Grim Sickers//Dumbfoundead//Tempa T//Azizi Gibson//Tion Wayne

SATURDAY:

Main Stage:

Kendrick Lamar//Thirty Seconds To Mars//Stormzy//Don Broco//Lil Uzi Vert//Creeper//The Amazons//Basement//Arcane Roots

NME:

Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Cage The Elephant//Dave//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Tom Grennan//The Big Moon//Lonely The Brave//Bipolar Sunshine//Surf Curse//Superfood//Marsicians//The Luka State

Dance:

Duke Dumont//Blonde//David Zowie//Kideko//Danny Byrd

The Lock Up:
Skindred//Bury Tomorrow//Counterparts//Pulled Apart By Horses//Milk Teeth

Festival Republic:

Slaves//Peace//Cloud Nothings//The Rifles//Misfires

1Xtra:

A$AP Ferg//Amine//Denzel Curry//Section Boyz//Big Narstie//Yxng Bane//Bonkaz

SUNDAY:

Main Stage:

Paramore(Co Headline)//Royal Blood(Co-Headline)//Wolf Alice//Post Malone//Everything Everything//The Sherlocks//Black Honey//Cabbage//Otherkin

NME:

Mac DeMarco//Schoolboy Q//J Hus//The Hunna//Tom Misch//Zak Abel//Will Joseph Cook//The Magic Gang//King No-One//Coasts//FREAK//Yonaka

Dance:

Hannah Wants//Fred V & Grafix//MK//Redlight//Hot Since 82

The Pit:

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Trapt//Astroid Boys//Code Orange//Seaway

Festival Republic:

Amber Run//Healy//Jacob Banks//Little Dragon//The Pale White

1Xtra:

AJ Tracey//$uicideboy$//The Underachievers//Avelino//Yungen//Lady Leshurr//Tunji Ige//Donae'o//CAS

Anderson .Paak headlining NME? Against Kendrick Lamar of all people? Nein.

5 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Was gonna do a poster but eh, I wanna see what people think first. I've done whole day for Main and NME, for all other stages I've done as far in the day as I can think of. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FRIDAY:

Main Stage:

Foo Fighters//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Vampire Weekend//The Wombats//Loyle Carner//Sundara Karma//Tonight Alive//Fickle Friends//IDLES

This looks really overoptimistic imo. Wombats I doubt will take 3rd down, Tonight Alive I suspect will probs be a slot higher and Fickle Friends I defo think will get 3rd on (I would say they would be a strong second now and they have an album out before R+L which will probs give them the boost).

7 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

NME:

The Vaccines//Neck Deep//BROCKHAMPTON//Wilkinson//Wretch 32//Rex Orange County//Declan McKenna//Pale Waves//The Night Cafe//Spring King//High Tyde//Bad Sounds

Wilkinson I really expect will be 3rd down here. He's bigger and more popular than Sub Focus who played 3rd (effectively 4th cause of the QOTSA secret set) this year. I think Declan McKenna will also get a higher slot too. Thats basically the exact same place he played this year tbh.

10 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Dance:

The Lock Up:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

Joey Bada$$//Mick Jenkins//WSTRN//Injury Reserve//The Heavytrackerz//Kojo Funds//Grim Sickers//Dumbfoundead//Tempa T//Azizi Gibson//Tion Wayne

This all looks pretty decent. IMO the dance stage may be a bit strong (I would get rid of Krewella or GTA and bump everyone else up imo)

11 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

SATURDAY:

Main Stage:

Kendrick Lamar//Thirty Seconds To Mars//Stormzy//Don Broco//Lil Uzi Vert//Creeper//The Amazons//Basement//Arcane Roots

Again seems very optimistic imo. Thirty Seconds To Mars are pretty unlikely as they are playing early summer EU fests (confirmed for RaR in June) so probs wont be back. Stormzy I also think is pretty nailed on as a sub. I think he would be cheaper than most normal subs but would still get a decent crowd etc.

13 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

NME:

Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Cage The Elephant//Dave//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Tom Grennan//The Big Moon//Lonely The Brave//Bipolar Sunshine//Surf Curse//Superfood//Marsicians//The Luka State

Holy mother of clashes. Anderson vs. Kendrick? not gonna happen lol. Other than that seems pretty reasonable

14 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Dance:

The Lock Up:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

You really think Duke Dumont is gonna be back again? He only played that exact slot 2 years ago and Hannah Wants subbed him but is also back aha Rest seems fine tho

15 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

SUNDAY:

Main Stage:

Paramore(Co Headline)//Royal Blood(Co-Headline)//Wolf Alice//Post Malone//Everything Everything//The Sherlocks//Black Honey//Cabbage//Otherkin

Seems fine tbh

15 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

NME:

Mac DeMarco//Schoolboy Q//J Hus//The Hunna//Tom Misch//Zak Abel//Will Joseph Cook//The Magic Gang//King No-One//Coasts//FREAK//Yonaka

Mac DeMarco imo probably aint big enough to headline this stage, more likely to sub imo. J Hus is also probably big enough to sub it too. Rest seems fine tho (would love to see Zak Abel here though I think he seems like a slightly odd booking)

17 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Dance:

The Pit:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

AJ Tracey//$uicideboy$//The Underachievers//Avelino//Yungen//Lady Leshurr//Tunji Ige//Donae'o//CAS

MK could probably headline this stage tbh (and has headlined it before). Fred V & Grafix I think you may have slightly overbooked, and I think they are exclusively doing Live shows atm (so they would be more likely for low NME in that case). Personally I would swap Coad orange and Astroid Boys too. Doubt AJ Tracey will play that slot either as he subbed that stage this year iirc

• Like 1

That 1xtra stage is really good. Bit too strong tho - I think $uicideboy$ and Section Boyz would headline.

Peace would headline FR (particularly in a year where Amber Run are headlining!!!), so would Little Dragon if FR were bothered about getting them and Wild Beasts would too if they weren't splitting up.

The Pit and Lock Up look mostly okay but I think Fightstar are probably done while Charlie is making Busted money.

Don't know enough to comment on Dance Stage.

Declan McKenna played around there on NME this year and would definitely get a massive boost next time, probably onto main. Brockhampton 3rd down NME isn't happening, they're not that big yet. J Hus is frankly underestimated by most people on here given he sold out a UK academy tour nearly as quickly as Stormzy did - I think he'd headline NME if he plays on there. Schoolboy Q would be lower and I'm not convinced Paak would headline. I don't think they'll book either of KGATLW or Mac DeMarco cos FR probably don't realise how devoted a fanbase each of those have. Loads of names I don't know on there so either they're too high or I'm hopelessly out of touch.

Main stage looks sensible but I think if Stormzy isn't at Wireless (or V again) then he's subbing.

22 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

FRIDAY:

Main Stage:

NME:

Dance:

The Lock Up:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

SATURDAY:

Main Stage:

NME:

Dance:

The Lock Up:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

SUNDAY:

Main Stage:

NME:

Dance:

The Pit:

Festival Republic:

1Xtra:

Everyone has posted at once suddenly so sorry if these points are repeated but:

• I'd swap BROCKHAMPTON & Wilkinson
  • That's basically the same slot Declan McKenna played last year, he'd probably be main stage this year
  • Don't think 30 seconds to mars are gonna play, and if they do I doubt they'd sub Kendrick
  • Stormzy would probably sub, but not 100% sure he'll be at R&L either
  • Anderson .paak wouldn't headline NME
  • The Big Moon are a bit high
  • Peace would headline FR
  • Swap Cabbage and Black Honey
  • Take away Schoolboy Q and bump up J Hus & The Hunna
  • Similarly to Declan, that's basically the same spot that The Magic Gang had last year
  • Little Dragon wouldn't play FR. Doubt they'd be booked at all but if they do play it'll be higher up on the NME

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

yhhhhh

ygrtde.PNG

Think KYLE is a bit low in the NME. Fekky will never headline the 1Xtra, he was like second on this year and that was even after the release of his album. My Nu Leng are way more likely for the Dance tent too. Deffo wouldn't headline 1Xtra imo.

You also have King Giz playing afternoon NME and headlining FR lmao. Other than that, yeah I can see it. Not so sure about Deftones or Editors though.

Edited by Jayvk

Just now, Jayvk said:

Ohhh right okay, is this a thing that happens? I had no idea lmao sorry.

It's all good. Jimmy Eat World did double duty on Main & Lock-Up a couple of times so it's happened before but it's never been a common thing. King Gizzard could easily switch up setlists too to give each set a unique feel. You can't get enough Giz, really. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

It's all good. Jimmy Eat World did double duty on Main & Lock-Up a couple of times so it's happened before but it's never been a common thing. King Gizzard could easily switch up setlists too to give each set a unique feel. You can't get enough Giz, really. 

Ahhh right okay fair enough, learn something new everyday haha.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

All the better. They need educating.

Haha somehow I knew I'd get a reply from you. It's not really about how good they are, I don't like Kendrick but I think he'd make a lot more sense than Arcade Fire to headline (mind you I'm not predicting him). They're also doing a pretty extensive UK tour only a few months before as I'm sure you know that I think makes them less likely.

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't even notice The Hunna in there. The venues they're playing on this tour are bigger than most 4th main acts play, never mind 4th down NME. Prepare for the worst wrt The Hunna's inevitable appearance.

TBH, The Hunna's tour isnt that dissimilar from The Wombats tour they announced (Wombats is doing moire venues iirc but they're playing similar sizes lol). Wouldnt be surprised to see them do a Blossoms and randomly be one of the third down acts at this point tbh

1 minute ago, RedBalloon said:

It's weird to think how likely this is.

That is a weird thing to think, yee.

13 hours ago, Aech said:

Haha somehow I knew I'd get a reply from you. It's not really about how good they are, I don't like Kendrick but I think he'd make a lot more sense than Arcade Fire to headline (mind you I'm not predicting him). They're also doing a pretty extensive UK tour only a few months before as I'm sure you know that I think makes them less likely.

Yeah it might do. I know they've only announced two festivals but those are countries that aren't getting hammered by their April tour like the UK is. So I think it's mostly down to wishful thinking but if you don't have that all you're left with is The Hunna forever and ever.