The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Think this is pretty realistic, thoughts? Also if someone wants to make it into a poster that'd be sweet B)

Did the first 2 stages but I cbb to do the rest for you lol

Lots of weird stuff going on further down the lineup.

- High Tyde supported Fickle Friends on their tour this year but they get the same slot here?

- The Amazons 5th down? I know they were given a stupidly small slot last year, but imo they havent grown last year so I wouldnt bump them up anywhere near that amount (like I'd have them maybe 5th down on the NME?)

- Darlia on first? They played 3rd up at Community last year, which I know is a smaller fest but even so they are probs at least 2nd on.

- The Big Moon third on? Werent they 3rd on the NME this year? And its not like they have an album or anything to give them a big boost

- Mac Demarco 3rd down NME? Surely he'd sub that stage at this point

MSPREDIC.png

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

- Darlia on first? They played 3rd up at Community last year, which I know is a smaller fest but even so they are probs at least 2nd on.

- The Big Moon third on? Werent they 3rd on the NME this year? And its not like they have an album or anything to give them a big boost

- Mac Demarco 3rd down NME? Surely he'd sub that stage at this point

Huh how do you suggest Darlia would play second up but The Big Moon with a widely acclaimed and Mercury nominated album don't deserve to be one slot higher than that? Darlia don't even have an album despite threatening one four years ago. :P

You're right that Mac is being underestimated but he'd be in legit contention to headline NME at this point. But he's not gonna - he's been touring the UK around R+L the past two years and didn't play so I don't think they're that interested in booking him. He'd go down well tho.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're right that Mac is being underestimated but he'd be in legit contention to headline NME at this point. But he's not gonna - he's been touring the UK around R+L the past two years and didn't play so I don't think they're that interested in booking him. He'd go down well tho.

Aye it's a bit confusing as to why Mac has never played. Seems like he'd be a no brainer and would undoubtedly go down very well.

I always thought Mac was NME headliner size but no one at all seems to predict him any higher than sub NME so I just played it safe. 

Definitely have messed up the early bookings as it's hard to predict where people sort of place around there. 

Think I meant redfaces instead of darlia and yeah big moon could be higher looking back. Shambles really smh :wacko:

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Huh how do you suggest Darlia would play second up but The Big Moon with a widely acclaimed and Mercury nominated album don't deserve to be one slot higher than that? Darlia don't even have an album despite threatening one four years ago. :P

Huh TIL. I knew The Big Moon had an album out but I hadn't heard anything about it lol. Will check it out then if its that good :P

5 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Definitely have messed up the early bookings as it's hard to predict where people sort of place around there. 

Tbf that's why you shouldn't worry about it. The early positions this year were ridiculous and nobody would've predicted the likes of Vant that high up or Judas and Pins on that stage at all. So don't listen to anyone because we're all firing in the dark anyway. :P

I know I've been saying that Royal Blood will at least coheadline, but I'm starting to think that the headliners might be Foos, Kendrick & Arcade Fire. Can't decide if I think a Paramore / Royal Blood (coheadline) is more likely than Arcade Fire. Right now I'm leaning towards Arcade Fire with Royal Blood as a 'special guest' sub under Foos. With that in mind, here's my current prediction.

Friday

Main: Arcade Fire, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Vampire Weekend, The Wombats, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes
NME: Chase & Status, J Hus, Wilkinson (live), Dave, SZA, BROCKHAMPTON, Sigrid, Pale Waves, Spring King, Darlia, Milk Teeth, The 1975 (secret set)
Dance: Hannah Wants
FR: Liam Fray
Pit: Skindred
1xtra: A$AP Ferg

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, All Time Low, Post Malone, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, The Internet, King Krule, DMA'S, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Amazons, Amber Run, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: Peace, SWMRS
Lock Up: Sleeping With Sirens
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, Bugzy Malone, Gogol Bordello, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: Enter Shikari, Mac DeMarco, Death From Above, PVRIS, Tonight Alive, Creeper, Car Seat Headrest, Alvvays, Little Comets, The Big Moon, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run, Public Service Broadcasting
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: AJ Tracey

27 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know I've been saying that Royal Blood will at least coheadline, but I'm starting to think that the headliners might be Foos, Kendrick & Arcade Fire. Can't decide if I think a Paramore / Royal Blood (coheadline) is more likely than Arcade Fire. Right now I'm leaning towards Arcade Fire with Royal Blood as a 'special guest' sub under Foos. With that in mind, here's my current prediction.

Friday

Main: Arcade Fire, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Vampire Weekend, The Wombats, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Black Foxxes
NME: Chase & Status, J Hus, Wilkinson (live), Dave, SZA, BROCKHAMPTON, Sigrid, Pale Waves, Spring King, Darlia, Milk Teeth, The 1975 (secret set)
Dance: Hannah Wants
FR: Liam Fray
Pit: Skindred
1xtra: A$AP Ferg

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, All Time Low, Post Malone, Mastodon, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, The Internet, King Krule, DMA'S, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Amazons, Amber Run, Lucy Rose, The Night Café, Superfood
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: Peace, SWMRS
Lock Up: Sleeping With Sirens
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, Bugzy Malone, Gogol Bordello, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: Enter Shikari, Mac DeMarco, Death From Above, PVRIS, Tonight Alive, Creeper, Car Seat Headrest, Alvvays, Little Comets, The Big Moon, YONAKA, Muncie Girls
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Half Moon Run, Public Service Broadcasting
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: AJ Tracey

Swap Shikari with Chase & Status and this would be a really great lineup. (Don't wanna miss Shikari and Arcade Fire are the only headliners I probably wouldn't bother watching lmao)

Edited by Jayvk

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know this is a bit pedantic but you've got 1 too many acts on Friday Main Stage. Also the FR is too heavy. Apart from that it looks decent aye.

shit gonna edit that now bc trying to make it perfect haha, also do you think wombats and vampire weekend should be swapped?

Edited by Jack w

12 minutes ago, Jack w said:

this should be pretty realistic and put in some of my favs too

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 16.00.10.png

Couple of improvements imo:

- Get rid of Catfish. IMO I think they're more likely to hold off till next year when they have a new album and then coheadline (maybe with 1975?)

- Move Stormzy into the Catfish hole. I think he's probably big enough to sub (whereas cos of the coheadline you currently have him 3rd down). That would also solve the issue of too many acts that day if you bump everyone else up.

- Swap Wombats and Vampire Weekend. I think VW or Wolf Alice. I think that'd make more sens as, although they're technically all in the same slot they are higher up the lineup poster if they're on that day (and wombats are probs the weakest 3rd down out of the 3)

- Swap Sundara Karma with Post or Don Broco. Again, same reason as above. Getting rid of Stormzs would make that a logo slot, and Sundara are robs the weakest 4th down you have there

- Basement are not spelled Basemant :P

- Personally, I expect AJ Tracey and Dave will both be on the NME/main this year as they both subbed the 1xtra stage last year iirc. Personally I think FIDLAR will play NME too but thats not based on anything tbh

Other than shuffling around the placements a bit I think on the whole this looks pretty accurate tbh

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Couple of improvements imo:

- Get rid of Catfish. IMO I think they're more likely to hold off till next year when they have a new album and then coheadline (maybe with 1975?)

- Move Stormzy into the Catfish hole. I think he's probably big enough to sub (whereas cos of the coheadline you currently have him 3rd down). That would also solve the issue of too many acts that day if you bump everyone else up.

- Swap Wombats and Vampire Weekend. I think VW or Wolf Alice. I think that'd make more sens as, although they're technically all in the same slot they are higher up the lineup poster if they're on that day (and wombats are probs the weakest 3rd down out of the 3)

- Swap Sundara Karma with Post or Don Broco. Again, same reason as above. Getting rid of Stormzs would make that a logo slot, and Sundara are robs the weakest 4th down you have there

- Basement are not spelled Basemant :P

- Personally, I expect AJ Tracey and Dave will both be on the NME/main this year as they both subbed the 1xtra stage last year iirc. Personally I think FIDLAR will play NME too but thats not based on anything tbh

Other than shuffling around the placements a bit I think on the whole this looks pretty accurate tbh

thanks a lot i wanna post the updated one when its done too

32 minutes ago, Jack w said:

this should be pretty realistic and put in some of my favs too

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 16.00.10.png

I feel maybe the lower end of NME is a bit weak possibly? Might just be me I can't see The Blinders or Blackwaters mainly being that high up. I think Skindred are way more likely for the pit too. Dave, I'm expecting on the NME. Maybe in a similar slot where you put Counterfeit or Shura. Other than that, and a couple of the points already raised by others, it looks good :)

Edited by Jayvk

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

I feel maybe the lower end of NME is a bit weak possibly? Might just be me I can't see The Blinders or Blackwaters mainly being that high up. Might just be me. I think Skindred are way more likely for the pit too. Dave, I'm expecting on the NME. Maybe in a similar slot where you put Counterfeit or Shura. Other than that, and a couple of the points already raised by others, it looks good :)

yeah youre right about the nme i would have had those two at the bottom with the full 10 acts or whatever but couldn't be bothered to put 10 in for each day and those 2 are just 2 of my favourite bands so wanted to include them haha cheers

6 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Might sound weird but feel that giving Royal Blood anything below headline is selling them short at this stage. 

But then if they do significantly drop off on album three, booking them then to top could be seen as weak, perhaps? 

That's exactly why they're gonna have them headline this year :P 

Was gonna do a poster but eh, I wanna see what people think first. I've done whole day for Main and NME, for all other stages I've done as far in the day as I can think of. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FRIDAY:

Main Stage:

Foo Fighters//Catfish & The Bottlemen//Vampire Weekend//The Wombats//Loyle Carner//Sundara Karma//Tonight Alive//Fickle Friends//IDLES

NME:

The Vaccines//Neck Deep//BROCKHAMPTON//Wilkinson//Wretch 32//Rex Orange County//Declan McKenna//Pale Waves//The Night Cafe//Spring King//High Tyde//Bad Sounds

Dance:

Zeds Dead//GTA//Krewella//Tom Zanetti//Drumsound & Bassline Smith//Loadstar

The Lock Up:

Rise Against//The Word Alive//Fightstar

Festival Republic:

Django Django//Wild Beasts//Chastity Belt//Willie J Healy

1Xtra:

Joey Bada$$//Mick Jenkins//WSTRN//Injury Reserve//The Heavytrackerz//Kojo Funds//Grim Sickers//Dumbfoundead//Tempa T//Azizi Gibson//Tion Wayne

SATURDAY:

Main Stage:

Kendrick Lamar//Thirty Seconds To Mars//Stormzy//Don Broco//Lil Uzi Vert//Creeper//The Amazons//Basement//Arcane Roots

NME:

Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals//Cage The Elephant//Dave//King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard//Tom Grennan//The Big Moon//Lonely The Brave//Bipolar Sunshine//Surf Curse//Superfood//Marsicians//The Luka State

Dance:

Duke Dumont//Blonde//David Zowie//Kideko//Danny Byrd

The Lock Up:
Skindred//Bury Tomorrow//Counterparts//Pulled Apart By Horses//Milk Teeth

Festival Republic:

Slaves//Peace//Cloud Nothings//The Rifles//Misfires

1Xtra:

A$AP Ferg//Amine//Denzel Curry//Section Boyz//Big Narstie//Yxng Bane//Bonkaz

SUNDAY:

Main Stage:

Paramore(Co Headline)//Royal Blood(Co-Headline)//Wolf Alice//Post Malone//Everything Everything//The Sherlocks//Black Honey//Cabbage//Otherkin

NME:

Mac DeMarco//Schoolboy Q//J Hus//The Hunna//Tom Misch//Zak Abel//Will Joseph Cook//The Magic Gang//King No-One//Coasts//FREAK//Yonaka

Dance:

Hannah Wants//Fred V & Grafix//MK//Redlight//Hot Since 82

The Pit:

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes//Trapt//Astroid Boys//Code Orange//Seaway

Festival Republic:

Amber Run//Healy//Jacob Banks//Little Dragon//The Pale White

1Xtra:

AJ Tracey//$uicideboy$//The Underachievers//Avelino//Yungen//Lady Leshurr//Tunji Ige//Donae'o//CAS