The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe, it’s up to him I suppose. You’d have thought he’d want to do Glastonbury this year as well - certainly more than Giggs at R+L (although he was in the UK for BBK O2 takeover).

I do know that there’s no way ever that they’d make it clear beforehand that Drake was popping up because of what it likely costs to use his name on the poster and also cos he’s only likely to be there for a few minutes. If they’re getting BBK to headline it’s because of core members and not Drake. I agree he’d be likely to show his face and the speculation should be enough for peeps.

Aye my mate kept trying to use this as a reason to convince me to go see BBK over Justice at Glasto. Was convinced he'd be there even though, as you said, he didn't show up.

I don't even like Drake so dunno why he thought that'd convince me.

He didn't even end up watching them after turning up to see about 10 people had turned up to watch them. Shimmied over to Justice asap.

Can't see BBK co-headlining anyway, though.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye my mate kept trying to use this as a reason to convince me to go see BBK over Justice at Glasto. Was convinced he'd be there even though, as you said, he didn't show up.

I don't even like Drake so dunno why he thought that'd convince me.

He didn't even end up watching them after turning up to see about 10 people had turned up to watch them. Shimmied over to Justice asap.

Can't see BBK co-headlining anyway, though.

I wouldn’t go as far as predicting it but it’s the kinda thing I could see happening, just to get a grime headliner in while it’s still workable. R+L seem to like grabbing a headliner from a certain movement of music in the brief window where it’s possible.

More realistically I think they or Skepta have the biggest chance of being a major main stage rap act if Kendrick doesn’t happen.

1 hour ago, kpls1 said:

Here's a selfishly, optimistic line-up I quickly put together based on rumours and what would ultimately sell me a weekend ticket. It's super unrealistic, I know. I can just hope for something similar. 

RANDL1.jpg

would do unspeakable things to make that Kendrick day a reality.

14 hours ago, kpls1 said:

Here's a selfishly, optimistic line-up I quickly put together based on rumours and what would ultimately sell me a weekend ticket. It's super unrealistic, I know. I can just hope for something similar. 

RANDL1.jpg

love the look of this, only thing is that Paramore and RB do play the same day im pretty sure it will definitely be a co-headline thing instead of one of them subbing.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Realistic for sure. Can’t say that I would be anywhere near the festival if was like that, though. 

Any reason that Arcade Fire are being suggested recently? 

Just that they’re likely to be back in Europe late summer going off one of the members’ comments, and there’s nowhere else they’re likely to play. Kendrick is probably still more likely however there is another festival he could do. Wish both could headline but I don’t see it being possible.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

One more of these before how far off we all are gets confirmed.

readingmocknov.thumb.png.869ff71e821cafd423fb0860412c3271.png

Not sure we'd get that much Pop on the mainstage surely.... Seems possible but tbh really hoping its nothing like that for the top 3, would barely wanna see anyone lol.

And agreed on Glassjaw, I think they're pretty likely for that slot

MS: ROYAL BLOOD - CatB - All Time Low - Don Broco - Anderson .Paak
NME: STORMZY - Jungle - Sampha
1XTRA: AJ TRACEY
LOCKUP: GLASSJAW
FR: THE NEIGHBOURHOOD - Peace

MS: FOO FIGTHERS - Pixies - Wolf Alice - Cage the Elephant - Marmozets
NME: LONDON GRAMMAR - Nothing but Thieves - Khalid
1XTRA: DAVE
PIT: KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
FR: LIAM FRAY - The Sherlocks

MS: THE KILLERS - 21 Pilots - The Wombats - J HUS - The Hunna 
NME: Marshmello (closing) - THE VACCINES -  Childish Gambino
1XTRA: WRETCH 32
PIT: FRANK CARTER + THE RATTLESNAKES
FR: THE HORRORS - Little Comets

Not the most original line up but I think this could be possible?
Not sure where Pixies would play now, if that placement is too high, also couldn't figure in Enter Shikari but I'm sure they'll play. Also highly doubt Gambino and wouldn't know where he'd place but wanted him in there.

Edited by frontsidecab
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Metallica subbing NME?? Not happening mate.

Metallica owe Uzi an apology for nicking his logo.

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Not sure we'd get that much Pop on the mainstage surely.... Seems possible but tbh really hoping its nothing like that for the top 3, would barely wanna see anyone lol.

And agreed on Glassjaw, I think they're pretty likely for that slot

Maybe. I can just barely think of heavy acts that they'd book nor indie acts that are big enough to be booked there who anyone still gives a toss about in R+L circles. :lol:

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Not sure where Pixies would play now, if that placement is too high, also couldn't figure in Enter Shikari but I'm sure they'll play. Also highly doubt Gambino and wouldn't know where he'd place but wanted him in there.

Mmm looks aight - there's not a lot I'd wanna see but it's realistic. 

I don't think Liam Fray is still doing acoustic stuff next year; Courteeners already have a few dates. Wretch 32 is a pretty good shout for 1xtra. I think Peace and arguably The Sherlocks would headline FR, Khalid should really be higher as he's sub at BST next year and I think if Gambino was gonna play he'd be higher but I think odds on him playing are very long so it doesn't really matter enough to think about where he'd slot in.

5 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

There would be enough there for me to go. There’s worse ways to spend the end of each night going Glassjaw, KSE and Frank.

Edited by Andre91

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

God damn it boys I remember a time when if you put Arcade Fire and Death From Above and Deftones in a prediction you'd get all cuddles and kisses. Now you leave Nothing But Thieves out and your line up is dog shit. :lol:

i'm afraid that when you put stefflon don on main, you have to face the consequences

• Upvote 1