The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

40 minutes ago, Jack w said:

trying to make something slightly different than what we've had so far that could still happen, but is turning out to be pretty similar

oh well give me your opinions so far 

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 18.38.10.png

Because of the coheadline there you effectively have Tame Impala as a 3rd down act which imo is too low. I would get rid of them, bump wolf alice up and then stick someone like the wombats or J Hus in (or someone else who could be 4th down)

44 minutes ago, Jack w said:

trying to make something slightly different than what we've had so far that could still happen, but is turning out to be pretty similar

oh well give me your opinions so far 

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 18.38.10.png

Tame Impala have said they aren't about until 2019 (I think), I don't think C&S work third down main also, probably swap with The Kooks because I can't see them clashing with Florence, though hopefully with VW to alleviate the clashes for me. Also would the festival try to distance itself from Broco? 

Just now, Steve1000 said:

Tame Impala have said they aren't about until 2019 (I think), I don't think C&S work third down main also, probably swap with The Kooks because I can't see them clashing with Florence, though hopefully with VW to alleviate the clashes for me. Also would the festival try to distance itself from Broco? 

They have denied the rumours and i get the feeling thats all getting sorted and they weren't true but I may be wrong.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah for something different, you managed to get  similar crop as everyone else. :P But that's probably to be expected when everyone approves certain acts to play and rejects the others.

Third down seems too high for Don Broco really. That's the only opinion I can offer.

yeah, thats why I said it's turning out to be very similar...

about broco i was just thinking as they sold out ally pally and then they have the big tour coming up might be time to make a push to third but that was ambitious

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't think so imo as both the NBT and Broco allegations were denied (compared to Brand New who tried to defend it). Especially as there haven't been any more accounts since then.

If I were FR I would still have both ready to play but hold off announcing them till like February or so just to see if it blows over or if they have to ditch them

Just now, Jack w said:

yeah, thats why I said it's turning out to be very similar...

about broco i was just thinking as they sold out ally pally and then they have the big tour coming up might be time to make a push to third but that was ambitious

Didn't Architects sell out Ally Pally too? And they played like 5th down this year?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Didn't Architects sell out Ally Pally too? And they played like 5th down this year?

yeah was just being ambitious as they seem to be on the rise and are quite big in the festivals demographic in the way that they're just rock and roll not deep in a sub-genre and also after their surprise(ish) set this year quite a lot of people know them at reading as people were talking about them before the festival and that

but overall yeah, probably still too high

Edited by Jack w

4 minutes ago, Jack w said:

yeah was just being ambitious as they seem to be on the rise and are quite big in the festivals demographic in the way that they're just rock and roll not deep in a sub-genre and also after their surprise(ish) set this year quite a lot of people know them at reading as people were talking about them before the festival and that

but overall yeah, probably still too high

TBH, I think they're a good candidate for an act the fest would wanna push in that 4th down slot that still gets a logo (due to the coheadline where you have wolf alice atm). Maybe just move them over and bump in a new 3rd down where they are atm?

Just now, Mattymooz said:

TBH, I think they're a good candidate for an act the fest would wanna push in that 4th down slot that still gets a logo (due to the coheadline where you have wolf alice atm). Maybe just move them over and bump in a new 3rd down where they are atm?

thats a good idea will do that cheers

3 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Biffy Clyro / catfish and the bottleman / the Wombats 

Vampire Weekend 

Kendrick Lamar / Royal blood / wolf alice 

Chase and status//Marshmellow

Foo fighters / Travis scott / The XX 

Kid Cudi 

no way Biffy clyro are headlining next year. The xx wouldn't be third down either. doubt travis or kid cudi will play.

Friday

Main: Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline), Stormzy, The Wombats, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Muncie Girls
NME: Chase & Status, Lil Uzi Vert, Wilkinson (live), PVRIS, Death Grips, ??, Sleeping With Sirens, FIDLAR, Spring King, Darlia, Black Foxxes, The 1975 (secret set)
Dance: Hannah Wants
FR: Liam Fray, Pinegrove
Pit: Skindred
1xtra: A$AP Ferg

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, Zack De La Rocha, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, The Internet, Bugzy Malone, SZA, BROCKHAMPTON, The Amazons, King Krule, Sigrid, Lucy Rose, ??, ??
Dance: Steve Aoki, Krewella
FR: Peace, Public Service Broadcasting
Lock Up: Tonight Alive
1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, All Time Low, J Hus, Post Malone, Creeper, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: Pixies, Mac DeMarco, Death From Above, Dave, DMA'S, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Car Seat Headrest, Amber Run, Alvvays, Little Comets, ??, Milk Teeth
Dance: Gorgon City
FR: Gogol Bordello
Pit: Killswitch Engage
1xtra: ??

Almost got all main/nme filled in my predictions. Where I've got '??' I'm still thinking of suitable acts. Open to any suggestions.

40 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Main: Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline), Stormzy, The Wombats, Everything Everything, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, Black Honey, Muncie Girls
NME: Chase & Status, Lil Uzi Vert, Wilkinson (live), PVRIS, Death Grips, ??, Sleeping With Sirens, FIDLAR, Spring King, Darlia, Black Foxxes, The 1975 (secret set)

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters, Vampire Weekend, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, Zack De La Rocha, Marmozets, Beartooth, Basement, Idles
NME: Jungle, Jack Garratt, The Internet, Bugzy Malone, SZA, BROCKHAMPTON, The Amazons, King Krule, Sigrid, Lucy Rose, ??, ??

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, All Time Low, J Hus, Post Malone, Creeper, Alien Ant Farm, Arcane Roots, Astroid Boys
NME: Pixies, Mac DeMarco, Death From Above, Dave, DMA'S, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Car Seat Headrest, Amber Run, Alvvays, Little Comets, ??, Milk Teeth

Almost got all main/nme filled in my predictions. Where I've got '??' I'm still thinking of suitable acts. Open to any suggestions.

Maybe like Pale waves, Night cafe, Spring king etc bands of that nature. 

For 1xtra could easily see someone like Logic there but i'd be surprised if none of the headliners of that stage were grime, maybe Wretch 32 or Lethal Bizzle, someone like that.

45 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

13 years for Pixies to return to R&L and they play opposite Kendrick Lamar? :(

Just now, leej7 said:

couldn't QOTSA co head again? Or we thinking too soon/would only accept it out right this time.

At the moment we're relying on info from this interview which states Queens will headlining their own shows next summer, essentially ruling them out of headlining R&L. This interview was back in July - plans can change of course. I did see the suggestion somewhere that their summer shows could simply be a show at Glasgow Summer Session and they will play R&L, it depends how coy you think Denis Desmond was being with his language I guess. I don't see it happening really but I imagine their announcement would get a positive response from most on ere. I can't wait to see them tomorrow night.