The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

My monthly prediction is here. It will probably be my last until any major info leaks. Tried throw out some new ideas too - let me know if anything sticks.

KENDRICK LAMAR, Prophets of Rage, Run The Jewels, The Offspring, Franz Ferdinand, Death From Above, Gogol Bordello, FIDLAR, IDLES
NME: Enter Shikari, All Time Low, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard 
FR: Feeder / DS: Gorgon City 1X: Joey Bada$$ PIT: Sleeping With Sirens

FOO FIGHTERS, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Nothing But Thieves, Creeper, The Amazons, Fickle Friends, Black Foxxes
NME: Friendly Fires, The Internet, Rae Sremmurd
FR: A Blaze of Feather / DS: Moderat 1X: $uicideboy$ PIT: Killswitch Engage

ROYAL BLOOD, Twenty One Pilots, Enter Shikari, Cage The Elephant, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, Tonight Alive, Basement, Counterfeit
NME: Vampire Weekend, Anderson .Paak, The Cribs
FR: Frightened Rabbit / DS: MGMT 1X: Loyle Carner LU: Rise Against

It’s very different. Can’t see it looking much like that at all tho. MGMT and Loyle Carner playing Dance and 1xtra respectively are pretty odd shouts. :P

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

My monthly prediction is here. It will probably be my last until any major info leaks. Tried throw out some new ideas too - let me know if anything sticks.

KENDRICK LAMAR, Prophets of Rage, Run The Jewels, The Offspring, Franz Ferdinand, Death From Above, Gogol Bordello, FIDLAR, IDLES

FOO FIGHTERS, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Nothing But Thieves, Creeper, The Amazons, Fickle Friends, Black Foxxes

ROYAL BLOOD, Twenty One Pilots, Enter Shikari, Cage The Elephant, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, Tonight Alive, Basement, Counterfeit

Can't see Prophets of Rage, The Offspring or Franz Ferdinand being booked. If they wanted RTJ I don't see why they wouldn't have booked em this year when they were already in the area supporting Eminem at Summer Sessions. 30STM are already coming over to Europe from March-June, doubt they'll come over again in August. And as Dental says, that MGMT placement isn't gonna happen.

Other than that, sure.

29 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Enter shikari headlining nme AND 3rd main?? Interesting ;)

4 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Enter shikari headlining nme AND 3rd main?? Interesting ;)

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Ugh 0 Enter Shikaris is too much Enter Shikari nevermind 2.

Being at a festival and knowing Enter Shikari are a band that exist is too much Enter Shikari. Fuck sake.

FFS :lol:

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Kasabian / Bastille / TDCC can be argued as Stadium, arena, arena band too. Obviously Kasbaian aren't nearly as large as Foo Fighters but equally Royal Blood and ADTR probably aren't quite as big as Bastille and TDCC.

FF, RB and ADTR is massively bigger than Kasabian Bastille and TDCC it's not even worth debating. TDCC's last tour featured a lot of academies I believe. Either way....FF is the cost of the ticket alone....£35 on top for RB approx and then the same for ADTR without the other 5/6 band to play below. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Offspring won't be 4th down and I can't see Papa Roach lower than 4th tbh. Rise Against in the Lockup....I'd be amazed if they took that....Billy Talent take that and play lower down that RA would. All Time Low playing below NME headliner isn't happening. 

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Offspring won't be 4th down and I can't see Papa Roach lower than 4th tbh. Rise Against in the Lockup....I'd be amazed if they took that....Billy Talent take that and play lower down that RA would. All Time Low playing below NME headliner isn't happening. 

Papa Roach were lower than fourth last time. Unfortunately Rise Against aren't that big anymore, no bigger than GC, Mastodon etc. Maybe few years back but their last album has done absolutely nothing for them, felt like it had absolutely no promotion, and is easily there weakest effort. Just because they're bigger than one pit headliner doesn't mean they're too big. 

Edited by Steve1000

5 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Papa Roach were lower than fourth last time. Unfortunately Rise Against aren't that big anymore, no bigger than GC, Mastodon etc. Maybe few years back but their last album has done absolutely nothing for them, felt like it had absolutely no promotion, and is easily there weakest effort. Just because they're bigger than one pit headliner doesn't mean they're too big. 

I don't see it now, cheaper days....less input reason etc. I admit RA's last effort was mostly poor but they are bigger than GC, where Mastodon come into it I'm unsure. 

I still think they are above Pit headliner but it's a position I'd rather see them in.

Slightly changed my prediction in light of recent allegations of bands that might not be booked anymore

Friday

Main: Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // The Wombats // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Fickle Friends // Black Honey  // Muncie Girls

NME: Chase & Status // Post Malone // Wilkinson (live) // PVRIS // BROCKHAMPTON // SZA // Nadia Rose // Sigrid // The 1975 (secret set) // Darlia

Dance: Hannah Wants

FR: Liam Fray // Public Service Broadcasting

Pit: Skindred

1xtra: A$AP Ferg

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // A Day to Remember // Wolf Alice // J Hus // Zack De La Rocha // Tonight Alive // Alien Ant Farm // Basement // Idles

NME: Jungle // Jack Garratt // Anderson .paak & the Free Nationals // Bugzy Malone // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard // The Amazons // King Krule // Spring King // Lucy Rose

Dance: Steve Aoki // Krewella

FR: Peace

Lock Up: Sleeping With Sirens

1xtra: Joey Bada$$

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // Stormzy // Neck Deep // Marmozets // Creeper // Beartooth // Arcane Roots // Astroid Boys

NME: Vampire Weekend // Cage the Elephant // Foster the People // Portugal. the Man // DMA'S // Car Seat Headrest // Alvvays // Little Comets // Milk Teeth

Dance: Gorgon City

FR: Gogol Bordello // Pinegrove

Pit: Killswitch Engage

1xtra: Dave

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Slightly changed my prediction in light of recent allegations of bands that might not be booked anymore

Friday

Main: Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // The Wombats // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Fickle Friends // Black Honey  // Muncie Girls

NME: Chase & Status // Post Malone // Wilkinson (live) // PVRIS // BROCKHAMPTON // SZA // Nadia Rose // Sigrid // The 1975 (secret set) // Darlia

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // A Day to Remember // Wolf Alice // J Hus // Zack De La Rocha // Tonight Alive // Alien Ant Farm // Basement // Idles

NME: Jungle // Jack Garratt // Anderson .paak & the Free Nationals // Bugzy Malone // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard // The Amazons // King Krule // Spring King // Lucy Rose

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // Stormzy // Neck Deep // Marmozets // Creeper // Beartooth // Arcane Roots // Astroid Boys

NME: Vampire Weekend // Cage the Elephant // Foster the People // Portugal. the Man // DMA'S // Car Seat Headrest // Alvvays // Little Comets // Milk Teeth

This is my favourite lineup by far, and not just because you stole my 1Xtra headliners ;)

Edited by Jayvk

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

This is my favourite lineup by far, and not just because you stole my 1Xtra headliners ;)

haha sorry about that, wasn't intentional at all. I just stole who I thought had been suggested the most because it's really not my strong point, didn't realise anyone had actually put all 3 of those in the same prediction already.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

haha sorry about that, wasn't intentional at all. I just stole who I thought had been suggested the most because it's really not my strong point, didn't realise anyone had actually put all 3 of those in the same prediction already.

Haha, it's all good don't worry. I had Bada$$ on the Friday and Ferg on the Saturday. But honestly, I'd be very happy with that lineup.

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Well, they way you have this day set up because of the coheadline you effectively have Catfish as 3rd down (which would never happen) and Wombats as 4th down (which could happen, but imo its likely they will try and bump them up to 3rd).

Saturday

You are a monster for this day, I wouldnt know whether to stay on the mainstage or the NME, both look very nice

Sunday

This day is weird imo. Marmozets are probably too high imo (they played way further down this year on the NME). Also, you have Dave (who imo is probably too strong to be a 1xtra headline and will be more likely for the NME at this point anyway) who'd have to finish early for the Kendrick set, which imo is crazy.

alright taken some comments into consideration. I reckon the main stage could look very similar to this:

Friday

Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline) // Stormzy // The Wombats // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Fickle Friends // Black Honey // Muncie Girls

Saturday

Foo Fighters // Vampire Weekend // Wolf Alice // J Hus // Zack De La Rocha // Marmozets // Beartooth // Basement // Idles

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // All Time Low // Cage the Elephant // Post Malone // Creeper // Alien Ant Farm // Arcane Roots // Astroid Boys

There's a good mix of most genres R&L cover there, don't think I've put anyone in a silly place (feel like Post Malone could potentially be a spot higher but think he fits there too)

Opinions?

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

alright taken some comments into consideration. I reckon the main stage could look very similar to this:

Friday

Paramore/Royal Blood (coheadline) // Stormzy // The Wombats // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Fickle Friends // Black Honey // Muncie Girls

Saturday

Foo Fighters // Vampire Weekend // Wolf Alice // J Hus // Zack De La Rocha // Marmozets // Beartooth // Basement // Idles

Sunday

Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // All Time Low // Cage the Elephant // Post Malone // Creeper // Alien Ant Farm // Arcane Roots // Astroid Boys

There's a good mix of most genres R&L cover there, don't think I've put anyone in a silly place (feel like Post Malone could potentially be a spot higher but think he fits there too)

Opinions?

Tbh I do think Paramore will do it on their own and that Catfish will play but bar that I can't see it being any stronger which for me means either the lockup or fr tent need to produce as NME won't.....hasn't for years now.

What I don't see if Paramore RB and FF topping all the days each which I'm just saying...not because you have put it although it probably would cater to the audience to a large extent. RB below FF I don't see either....from a selling point of view it doesn't make sense as FF don't need them to help do it.

48 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

They need to be at least sub to maintain Jared's over-inflated ego. Personally hope they're no where close to the festival along with imagine dragons and 21 pilots I have to say.

Yes...but that isn't sub. They would need be an actual sub, not a 'sub' that's actually 3rd but given a better tag. As the guy says below too with them being around early on in the year....Jared won't get paid enough to stay around all summer when a movie payday will be waiting by August time for him. Very much closer to be a Download sub under wither A7X or Ozzy I'd say, they sell the tickets that would help the A7X day sell tbh and a lot of the same fan base.