The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

13 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Worth remembering Liam Fray retweeted R&I'd tweet asking who people wanna see on the line-up or something.

Liam Fray did a solo acoustic tour recently, wondering if he might pop up that way as FR headliner / mid NME slot rather than just wasting another third down slot on them. Suspect many of the Dark Fruits Army would go just as wild.

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Kendrick Lamar / Royal blood / Chase & Status

The Wombats / Post malone

Artic monkeys / Stormzy / Wolf Alice 

Don broco / cage the elephant 

Foo fighters / Tame impala / Weezer 

Vampire weekend / Matoma

Aside from disagreeing with Arctics headlining and Royal Blood subheadlining, this looks pretty fair. Sunday looks very good although I’m not sure who Matoma is/are. Can’t see Chase and Status being on main stage personally now they’re no longer sub-level.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 12.12.07.png

Looks aight. Would probs swap Marmozets and Creeper around, don’t see Neck Deep being back so soon. Can’t imagine Sampha playing at all.

Also I guess the fest will distance itself from NBT until their name is cleared.

Read earlier in another thread (can't remember which) that Kevin Parker has said Tame Impala won't tour until 2019. No idea how true this is but yeah. Wasn't expecting them anyway but I know a few people have them down to sub.

Edit: And yeah I agree these Sampha shouts don't seem likely. Much more likely for Latitude or something.

Edited by Will-2609

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That FF day there is no chance....stadium band....arena band....arena bsnd.

Generally way too strong

Kasabian / Bastille / TDCC can be argued as Stadium, arena, arena band too. Obviously Kasbaian aren't nearly as large as Foo Fighters but equally Royal Blood and ADTR probably aren't quite as big as Bastille and TDCC.

12 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Kasabian / Bastille / TDCC can be argued as Stadium, arena, arena band too. Obviously Kasbaian aren't nearly as large as Foo Fighters but equally Royal Blood and ADTR probably aren't quite as big as Bastille and TDCC.

Think you could make a very good argument to say that Royal Blood and ADTR are bigger than Bastille and TDCC

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Aside from disagreeing with Arctics headlining and Royal Blood subheadlining, this looks pretty fair. Sunday looks very good although I’m not sure who Matoma is/are. Can’t see Chase and Status being on main stage personally now they’re no longer sub-level.

Kygo 2.0

I dunno i could easily see sampha in the same slot SBTRKT had in like 2013/14 or whenever he played. Think he would work especially well if Jungle/Metronomy etc. are playing the same day.

He could probs do Latitude as well tbh

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Kygo 2.0

I dunno i could easily see sampha in the same slot SBTRKT had in like 2013/14 or whenever he played. Think he would work especially well if Jungle/Metronomy etc. are playing the same day.

He could probs do Latitude as well tbh

Oh right. Is he as big as Kygo? Cos I’ve heard of Kygo.

Sampha is obviously very different to SBTRKT and I just personally don’t think his set would work well at all in front of pissed teenagers. Also if he was high up R+L’s list then this year woulda made a lot of sense as he wasn’t exactly unknown this time last year.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh right. Is he as big as Kygo? Cos I’ve heard of Kygo.

Sampha is obviously very different to SBTRKT and I just personally don’t think his set would work well at all in front of pissed teenagers. Also if he was high up R+L’s list then this year woulda made a lot of sense as he wasn’t exactly unknown this time last year.

Probably not as big as Kygo, but kind of on the rise (been doing collabs with chainsmokers, the vamps and becky hill and stuff). Wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near that high up tho, maybe 2nd/3rd down on the Dance stage?

Sampha is obviously more mellow than SBTKRT, but I think the album was produced by him? (or at least they perform together a lot and the insturmentals sound like the more mellow SBTKRT tracks). Is 3rd down on the NME that high up? If they wait till the last announcement to put him on the bill too after Latitude has had a while to sell I think he'd fit fine. TBH though he's doing that AEG Victoria Park gig so I wouldn't be surprised if he avoided FR events.

Also, this is a very big curve ball but I was thinking maybe they'd try and book Harry Styles? His album was a pretty rocky and would definitely help to draw in people from the normal Glasto crowd. I have no idea where they would place him, maybe sub/third/NME headliner?!?!?!? The only issue I can think of is that if FR can book him they'd probs prefer him at the new V fest this year anyways

Probs just a stupid thought but there we go lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Also, this is a very big curve ball but I was thinking maybe they'd try and book Harry Styles? His album was a pretty rocky and would definitely help to draw in people from the normal Glasto crowd. I have no idea where they would place him, maybe sub/third/NME headliner?!?!?!? The only issue I can think of is that if FR can book him they'd probs prefer him at the new V fest this year anyways

You're losing it now mate

• Upvote 3

My monthly prediction is here. It will probably be my last until any major info leaks. Tried throw out some new ideas too - let me know if anything sticks.

KENDRICK LAMAR, Prophets of Rage, Run The Jewels, The Offspring, Franz Ferdinand, Death From Above, Gogol Bordello, FIDLAR, IDLES
NME: Enter Shikari, All Time Low, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard 
FR: Feeder / DS: Gorgon City 1X: Joey Bada$$ PIT: Sleeping With Sirens

FOO FIGHTERS, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Wolf Alice, Don Broco, Nothing But Thieves, Creeper, The Amazons, Fickle Friends, Black Foxxes
NME: Friendly Fires, The Internet, Rae Sremmurd
FR: A Blaze of Feather / DS: Moderat 1X: $uicideboy$ PIT: Killswitch Engage

ROYAL BLOOD, Twenty One Pilots, Enter Shikari, Cage The Elephant, Papa Roach, Alien Ant Farm, Tonight Alive, Basement, Counterfeit
NME: Vampire Weekend, Anderson .Paak, The Cribs
FR: Frightened Rabbit / DS: MGMT 1X: Loyle Carner LU: Rise Against

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Probably not as big as Kygo, but kind of on the rise (been doing collabs with chainsmokers, the vamps and becky hill and stuff). Wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near that high up tho, maybe 2nd/3rd down on the Dance stage?

Sampha is obviously more mellow than SBTKRT, but I think the album was produced by him? (or at least they perform together a lot and the insturmentals sound like the more mellow SBTKRT tracks). Is 3rd down on the NME that high up? If they wait till the last announcement to put him on the bill too after Latitude has had a while to sell I think he'd fit fine. TBH though he's doing that AEG Victoria Park gig so I wouldn't be surprised if he avoided FR events.

Fair enough on Matoma. I can let me not having heard of a dance stage sub slide easier than an NME sub. :P

I meant Sampha high up their list of acts to play rather than lineup. He was well known going into 2017 so missing him this year woulda been odd if they were intent on booking him at some point.

Sampha’s a bigger name than SBTRKT now tho and he’s not synonymous with him at all - more so for his features on Drake and Beyoncé and Kanye albums - so I don’t think SBTRKT has any bearing on his placing.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Getting you sectioned.