The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

9 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Assuming we get the big 2 (though this may still be too optimistic)....

I didn't forget an act on the NME friday, it'll also have a 1975 secret set (can't see them not using R+L as a comeback show into headlining in 2019, tho it's the only secret set of the weekend other than the introducing stage ones)

HALFprediction2.png

vampire weekend? but I'm lovin that the wombats are there

Edited by bigcharlie65

Paramore (co-headline) / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / The Neighbourhood / Marmozets / Creeper / Arcane Roots / Astroid Boys 

The Streets / Post Malone 

Kendrick Lamar / The Chainsmokers / Courteeners / Lil Uzi Vert / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons / Alient Ant Farm /  Fickle Friends / Dead! 

Marilyn Manson / Zack De La Rocha

Foo Fighters / Twenty One Pilots / All Time Low / Don Broco / Mastodon / Gogol Bordello / Tonight Alive / Black Honey / Idles 

Marshmello (closing set) / Friendly Fires 

Kendrick lamar//royal blood/wolf alice//nothing but thieves// lil Uzi vert// Algiers // arcane roots//

Kodaline//Khalid 

Sigala//

Foo Fighters // Tame impala // The Wombats // Kaleo // big moon // Alien ant farm // Astroid boys 

Jungle// Post Malone 

21 Savage//

Artic monkeys// Stormzy // Cage the elephant // Lil yachty // Don broco // bear tooth// Idles 

Vampire weekend // Jack Garratt 

Hannah wants//

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

vampire weekend? but I'm lovin that the wombats are there

Kind of depends if they have an album out, If they do could see them instead of The Kooks

Forgot to mention that 21P could be in the slot where Royal Blood is, I just think that they wouldn't skip Royal Blood for a 2nd year (even though 21P are supposedly in the area)

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore (co-headline) / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / The Neighbourhood / Marmozets / Creeper / Arcane Roots / Astroid Boys 

The Streets / Post Malone 

Kendrick Lamar / The Chainsmokers / Courteeners / Lil Uzi Vert / Nothing But Thieves / The Amazons / Alient Ant Farm /  Fickle Friends / Dead! 

Marilyn Manson / Zack De La Rocha

Foo Fighters / Twenty One Pilots / All Time Low / Don Broco / Mastodon / Gogol Bordello / Tonight Alive / Black Honey / Idles 

Marshmello (closing set) / Friendly Fires 

Would Marilyn be back if he's doing Download France and stuff at the start of the summer?

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

And I was torn between Circa Waves and The Hunna, could be either tbh (neither will have new material out by then but I doubt both of them will skip this year)

Why do you think that about Circa Waves? They've already played a decent slot on the back of this album and like you say they won't have any new material out. No reason at all for them to return, especially not to play a lower slot than this year. They'll return when they have a new album out and hope to have moved up the line-up.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Why do you think that about Circa Waves? They've already played a decent slot on the back of this album and like you say they won't have any new material out. No reason at all for them to return, especially not to play a lower slot than this year. They'll return when they have a new album out and hope to have moved up the line-up.

Well, they seem to be a band like The Hunna who seem to play just fairly regularly. Neither have new material out but I assumed one would turn up. IMO 3rd down NME isn't that much smaller than 5th down main (and I don't think they are big enough to sub the NME either). Assuming one would turn up, neither (i thought) were gonna have new music or anything, so assuming that I just picked the one I would prefer to see lol.

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Well, they seem to be a band like The Hunna who seem to play just fairly regularly. Neither have new material out but I assumed one would turn up. IMO 3rd down NME isn't that much smaller than 5th down main (and I don't think they are big enough to sub the NME either). Assuming one would turn up, neither (i thought) were gonna have new music or anything, so assuming that I just picked the one I would prefer to see lol.

Meh they played 2014 and 2015 on the FR and NME stage respectively, which is very common for a new band who's had a breakthrough year. Then they skipped 2016 and player in 2017 when they had a new album. They'll most likely now skip it again until they have a new album.

2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Foo Fighters // Tame impala // The Wombats // Kaleo // big moon // Alien ant farm // Astroid boys 

Jungle// Post Malone 

21 Savage//

21 Savage in the Dance Tent?? No chance. He just wouldn't fit at all. All his music is dark and slow and has a certain feel to it that just wouldn't fit that tent. 1Xtra headliner sure, don't think he'd even fit on any other stage except the 1Xtra.

40 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Meh they played 2014 and 2015 on the FR and NME stage respectively, which is very common for a new band who's had a breakthrough year. Then they skipped 2016 and player in 2017 when they had a new album. They'll most likely now skip it again until they have a new album.

They've already released the first single from the next album and post a lot of clips on Instagram with the caption "Album 2" or similar. I'd say it's pretty likely they'll have the album out in time and will play somewhere like 3rd NME or something.

EDIT: Wait we're talking about Circa Waves aren't we? Nevermind, I was on about The Hunna.

Edited by Jayvk

13 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Assuming we get the big 2 (though this may still be too optimistic)....

I didn't forget an act on the NME friday, it'll also have a 1975 secret set (can't see them not using R+L as a comeback show into headlining in 2019, tho it's the only secret set of the weekend other than the introducing stage ones)

HALFprediction2.png

like this a lot, that dance stage especially would be a refreshing change from the million deep house acts every year:lol:

• Like 1

That's the best prediction I've seen so far - not in terms of how accurate I think it is, but how happy I'd be with it.

In terms of accuracy Courteeners can probably start being dropped from these predictions after being announced for Neighbourhood?  And Wombats are nailed on, surely.

37 minutes ago, WFD said:

That's the best prediction I've seen so far - not in terms of how accurate I think it is, but how happy I'd be with it.

In terms of accuracy Courteeners can probably start being dropped from these predictions after being announced for Neighbourhood?  And Wombats are nailed on, surely.

Nah, Neighbourhood si the other end of the summer and AFAIK they aint exclusive or anything

Wombats could easily wait till 2019 and do something like Latitude or the new V fest or something else instead if they wanted to (though I think they'll probs be at R+L anyway)

Edited by Mattymooz

16 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah, Neighbourhood si the other end of the summer and AFAIK they aint exclusive or anything

Wombats could easily wait till 2019 and do something like Latitude or the new V fest or something else instead if they wanted to (though I think they'll probs be at R+L anyway)

I know they can book Courteeners, just think even at Leeds it's diminishing returns after their big show in Manchester this year and Neighbourhood next year, and they add little to Reading, so are they worth a third-down fee.

Wombats are in America supporting the Weezer/Pixies tour so won't be at Latitude - it finishes mid August so the new V is possible, but reckon R&L is obvious after the success of their last couple of appearances.