The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

32 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Don't think so but he hasn't done R+L with his newest album yet and i'd be surprised if he didn't do festivals next year after doing bestival this year. 

Nah the Trick tour had already finished at the start of this year. Bestival seemed very much a one-off and unless he has new material next year then I don't see him appearing at festivals. I guess new material is possible although we'd probably have heard about it by now if it was coming next year.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah the Trick tour had already finished at the start of this year. Bestival seemed very much a one-off and unless he has new material next year then I don't see him appearing at festivals. I guess new material is possible although we'd probably have heard about it by now if it was coming next year.

I was surprised not to see him around this year tbh. Couldn't he really just do a one off show next year, be a waste if they have just completely ignored booking him for the past 3 years.

20 hours ago, ollieg99 said:

Is that the case for Annie Mac as well, with some bizzarely touting her to headline the NME stage?

Unlikely, but I have an abnormal feeling about either LCD Soundsystem or The Streets headling the NME one night. So I'm just as strange as well.

Annie Mac is exactly the type of act they'd book to headline the Dance Stage, surely? NME Stage maybe a stretch but she could probably do a closing set on there. She headlined the John Peel Stage at Glasto this year which is a similar size (other headliners were Phoenix and Metronomy, with Clean Bandit, Father John Misty and London Grammar as subs (Clean Bandit directly below Annie Mac)).

I'd say she's definitely more likely to do it than LCD Soundsystem or The Streets. Can't see either of them playing, especially not LCD.

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I was surprised not to see him around this year tbh. Couldn't he really just do a one off show next year, be a waste if they have just completely ignored booking him for the past 3 years.

Tbh it'd be a bit of a waste of a slot this long since Trick was released, and he probably has no plans to do live shows.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Annie Mac is exactly the type of act they'd book to headline the Dance Stage, surely? NME Stage maybe a stretch but she could probably do a closing set on there. She headlined the John Peel Stage at Glasto this year which is a similar size (other headliners were Phoenix and Metronomy, with Clean Bandit, Father John Misty and London Grammar as subs (Clean Bandit directly below Annie Mac)).

I'd say she's definitely more likely to do it than LCD Soundsystem or The Streets. Can't see either of them playing, especially not LCD.

I think they've stopped doing Closing sets as they havent had one in 2/3? years...

I think she could pretty easily do the NME, Dance stage would work too depending on what the other headliners are (think she'd be better and more popular than someone like Fatboy Slim, who everyone on here thought would be on the NME so)

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think they've stopped doing Closing sets as they havent had one in 2/3? years...

I think she could pretty easily do the NME, Dance stage would work too depending on what the other headliners are (think she'd be better and more popular than someone like Fatboy Slim, who everyone on here thought would be on the NME so)

Two years without one but I think it'll just be down to circumstance. Let's say next year the most suitable three NME headliners they can get are The Vaccines, Vampire Weekend and The Wombats and one of the main stage headliners is Arctic Monkeys. They'd most likely stick a closing set on after one of those headliners to avoid them clashing (same as they did with Bombay Bicycle Club in 2014).

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Two years without one but I think it'll just be down to circumstance. Let's say next year the most suitable three NME headliners they can get are The Vaccines, Vampire Weekend and The Wombats and one of the main stage headliners is Arctic Monkeys. They'd most likely stick a closing set on after one of those headliners to avoid them clashing (same as they did with Bombay Bicycle Club in 2014).

I think Broco will headline the NME one day. I also have Friendly Fires (the dream) and Shikari down atm, ad Friendly Fires is the only one you wouldn't want to clash with AM.

Wombats I 100% think will be main stage. Vaccines are defo a possibilty tho and Vampire Weekend if they ever finish this album lol

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think Broco will headline the NME one day. I also have Friendly Fires (the dream) and Shikari down atm, ad Friendly Fires is the only one you wouldn't want to clash with AM.

Wombats I 100% think will be main stage. Vaccines are defo a possibilty tho and Vampire Weekend if they ever finish this album lol

Oh yeah there could easily be no NME closers, I'm just saying I doubt they're actively against it. Say if Friendly Fires were only available on the same day as Arctic Monkeys, then they'd maybe have one.

Was hoping the Download announcement this week would shed some light of whether Enter Shikari are likely to be at R&L or not but obviously they've only announced 2 headliners so far.

Assuming we get the big 2 (though this may still be too optimistic)....

I didn't forget an act on the NME friday, it'll also have a 1975 secret set (can't see them not using R+L as a comeback show into headlining in 2019, tho it's the only secret set of the weekend other than the introducing stage ones)

HALFprediction2.png

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I didn't forget an act on the NME friday, it'll also have a 1975 secret set (can't see them not using R+L as a comeback show into headlining in 2019, tho it's the only secret set of the weekend other than the introducing stage ones)

HALFprediction2.png

love the look of this

The acts look pretty on point.

Only problems I have really are that Everything Everything are definitely bigger than the band above them (and maybe the one after), Frank Carter (solo??) is way low, and Neck Deep and The Wombats are both at least one slot too high. The Wombats only played third down the second stage at V Festival this year and they're not really on the rise at all - they even subbed Franz Ferdinand (your fifth down) at Truck this year. edit: also just spotted Circa Waves - I don't think they'd bother returning for third down NME after being fifth down main this year. Sigrid will be much higher too if she's there.

Edited by dentalplan

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The acts look pretty on point.

Only problems I have really are that Everything Everything are definitely bigger than the band above them (and maybe the one after), Frank Carter (solo??) is way low, and Neck Deep and The Wombats are both at least one slot too high. The Wombats only played third down the second stage at V Festival this year and they're not really on the rise at all - they even subbed Franz Ferdinand (your fifth down) at Truck this year. edit: also just spotted Circa Waves - I don't think they'd bother returning for third down NME after being fifth down main this year. Sigrid will be much higher too if she's there.

Neck Deep, Chase & Status and Nothing But Thieves are all a slot too high imo but that was to balance out the 3 headliners. The Wombats I think could easily take that slot tbh, new album on the way and their old stuff always goes down well (they were the highlight of Community tbh). Truck is a different target audience tho, I think they'll fit fine just there tbh

Personally, I think NBT are about the same size as Everything Everything, and they probably appeal more to the target audience (and definitely sell better) for the Kendrick people than Everything Everything does.

And I was torn between Circa Waves and The Hunna, could be either tbh (neither will have new material out by then but I doubt both of them will skip this year)

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

HALFprediction2.png

What a weekend that would be!!  definitely feel the hunna over circa waves though scene as their doesn't seem to be a moment that their not touring and they're releasing new music next year i think.