The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

22 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

well yeah I guess its not the line up everyone would want I'm not really a big fan of much there but like this is what I could work out 

Oh no it was just a joke cos everyone always quotes people's predictions and bolds the acts they'd see, but your prediction was already written in bold :P

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I like Arctic Monkeys, Stormzy, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Vampire Weekend and honestly that's about it. Think it'd be a naff lineup but then again I expect it to be a naff lineup.

Ye I see like I like all those but big fan of cage the elephant,vampire weekend and kaleo 

honestly so looking forward to VW new album 

Slight update. As always there would be acts to slot in above some of the lower ones like Alvvays.

Stole a couple of FR/Dance headliners as I couldn't be arsed thinking about them until we have more of an idea of who'll be around.

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:
Main: Royal Blood/Paramore (co-headline) / Wolf Alice / Don Broco / Lil Uzi Vert / Marmozets / Creeper / IDLES / Basement
NME: Schoolboy Q / Jack Garratt / The Horrors / Tom Grennan
Dance: Hannah Wants
FR: Peace

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Arctic Monkeys / 30 Seconds to Mars / Courteeners / The Wombats / Mastodon / Alien Ant Farm / The Amazons / Fickle Friends / Inheaven
NME: All Time Low / Nothing But Thieves / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Dance: Annie Mac
Pit: Skindred
FR: Amber Run
1xtra: Brockhampton

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: Kendrick Lamar / Twenty One Pilots / The Kooks / Everything Everything / J-Hus / The Hunna / Declan McKenna / Hinds
NME: Vampire Weekend / Rat Boy / The Cribs / Alvvays
Dance: Sigma
FR: Death From Above
1xtra: Wretch 32

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Stop killing me with those Kendrick clashes boi.

I don’t think Schoolboy Q is about to headline NME personally, as good as that would be. His stature hasn’t really changed that much since playing middle of the bill in ‘14.

I think he'd be about second or third down the NME right now, That Part seems to have lifted his profile at least a little bit.

23 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I think he'd be about second or third down the NME right now, That Part seems to have lifted his profile at least a little bit.

Maybe but I don't think it put him on the map any more than the likes of Collard Greens and Man of the Year did previously. Either way, I don't quite think they'd rush to book him for a slot like that though, with trap and grime a bit more attractive for placings like that.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Stop killing me with those Kendrick clashes boi.

I don’t think Schoolboy Q is about to headline NME personally, as good as that would be. His stature hasn’t really changed that much since playing middle of the bill in ‘14.

Yeah tbf I wanted to re-shuffle the NME headliners to avoid the clash but it seemed most sensible the way I had it, as annoying as it'd be.

And fair on Schoolboy Q. Wasn't feeling my previous NME headline picks (Jungle and Friendly Fires) and couldn't really think of anyone to replace them with other than Vampire Weekend (I think Shikari will do Download and can't really think of any dance acts who are the right size atm).

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Maybe but I don't think it put him on the map any more than the likes of Collard Greens and Man of the Year did previously. Either way, I don't quite think they'd rush to book him for a slot like that though, with trap and grime a bit more attractive for placings like that.

Yeah I've seen some people predict Future for that slot which may be more sensible? Don't really know enough about him to say.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah tbf I wanted to re-shuffle the NME headliners to avoid the clash but it seemed most sensible the way I had it, as annoying as it'd be.

And fair on Schoolboy Q. Wasn't feeling my previous NME headline picks (Jungle and Friendly Fires) and couldn't really think of anyone to replace them with other than Vampire Weekend (I think Shikari will do Download and can't really think of any dance acts who are the right size atm).

Yeah I've seen some people predict Future for that slot which may be more sensible? Don't really know enough about him to say.

Me neither to be honest, Future's a weird fit for R+L - he's pretty big but I bet he'd be terrible on the main stage. Travis Scott is the only one I can think of that would probably be best suited to the slot but some others might come to the fore later on.

Chainsmokers are probably the right size to headline NME imo if it's to be a dance act.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Me neither to be honest, Future's a weird fit for R+L - he's pretty big but I bet he'd be terrible on the main stage. Travis Scott is the only one I can think of that would probably be best suited to the slot but some others might come to the fore later on.

Chainsmokers are probably the right size to headline NME imo if it's to be a dance act.

Yeah Travis Scott could be a good shout tbh if they went down that route.

Reckon Chainsmokers might be a bit big for it? Think they're in a similar place now to where Macklemore was in 2014 (might be wrong I know naff all about them) where we were all expecting him to headline NME and he obviously ended up subbing main. Then again I guess he could still have headlined NME if the lineup wasn't so weak.

Been expecting them to sub V or something since the rumours came about that they'd be around late Summer.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah Travis Scott could be a good shout tbh if they went down that route.

Reckon Chainsmokers might be a bit big for it? Think they're in a similar place now to where Macklemore was in 2014 (might be wrong I know naff all about them) where we were all expecting him to headline NME and he obviously ended up subbing main. Then again I guess he could still have headlined NME if the lineup wasn't so weak.

Been expecting them to sub V or something since the rumours came about that they'd be around late Summer.

I dunno. They have one Ally Pally date not sold out, whereas Flume sold it out pretty quickly as a vaguely comparable 'dance' headliner, and I'd be lying if I said I thought they were bigger than Skrillex and deadmau5 when they headlined the tent. I guess people might just be cooling on them.

Friday

Main: Royal Blood // A Day to Remember // Wolf Alice // Post Malone // Marmozets // Tonight Alive // Beartooth // Arcane Roots // Idles

NME: Vampire Weekend // Nothing But Thieves // Anderson paak & the Free Nationals // PVRIS

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Courteeners // J Hus // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Cabbage // Fickle Friends // Muncie Girls

NME: Annie Mac // Jungle // Wilkinson (live) // Portugal. The Man

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // Clean Bandit // Don Broco // Zack De La Rocha // The Amazons // Creeper // Astroid Boys // Milk Teeth

NME: Marshmello (closing set) // Marilyn Manson // Neck Deep // DMA'S

3 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday

Main: Royal Blood // A Day to Remember // Wolf Alice // Post Malone // Marmozets // Tonight Alive // Beartooth // Arcane Roots // Idles

NME: Vampire Weekend // Nothing But Thieves // Anderson paak & the Free Nationals // PVRIS

Saturday

Main: Foo Fighters // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Courteeners // J Hus // Everything Everything // Declan McKenna // Cabbage // Fickle Friends // Muncie Girls

NME: Annie Mac // Jungle // Wilkinson (live) // Portugal. The Man

Sunday

Main: Kendrick Lamar // Twenty One Pilots // Clean Bandit // Don Broco // Zack De La Rocha // The Amazons // Creeper // Astroid Boys // Milk Teeth

NME: Marshmello (closing set) // Marilyn Manson // Neck Deep // DMA'S

Clean Bandit played 6th down main at V this year (same slot as James Arthur) and subbed JP at Glasto (same slot as Father John Misty and London Grammar). They get a lot of radio play etc but for some reason it doesn't seem to translate into big festival slots. Defo won't be playing 3rd down main.

15 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Clean Bandit played 6th down main at V this year (same slot as James Arthur) and subbed JP at Glasto (same slot as Father John Misty and London Grammar). They get a lot of radio play etc but for some reason it doesn't seem to translate into big festival slots. Defo won't be playing 3rd down main.

been thinking about what you said here, it does seem odd that they play so low down at festivals considering how successful they are. Well aware that not everything is about sales, but just a quick check tells me their debut album went gold, and they've had several multi platinum, number 1 singles.

With a new album potential coming out this year, surely they'll start to move up festival slots soon? I guess maybe not third down main, but perhaps NME headliner? Or subbing NME at the least? Couldn't see them being booked much lower than that now.

20 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Anyway, here's my current prediction with my shitty editing59ef02c65e088_ScreenShot2017-10-24at10_06_51.thumb.png.b25c849a3cbb5cf04a4049a456371a80.png

I'd buy a ticket to that. Plenty I would want to see on the Friday and Sunday. Only Foos on the Saturday but I can usually rely on the Lock Up / Pit to fill my day with at least a couple of bands I'm into. 

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

been thinking about what you said here, it does seem odd that they play so low down at festivals considering how successful they are. Well aware that not everything is about sales, but just a quick check tells me their debut album went gold, and they've had several multi platinum, number 1 singles.

With a new album potential coming out this year, surely they'll start to move up festival slots soon? I guess maybe not third down main, but perhaps NME headliner? Or subbing NME at the least? Couldn't see them being booked much lower than that now.

Huh I didnt realise they hadn't actually released a second album yet. I assumed they had one out when that Rockabye song was everywhere. Guess that maybe explains why they didn't move up lineups much this year. If they do release an album before next Summer then them headlining NME could be a shout. I remember predicting them for that slot for a bit this year (before their low-ish slots at Glasto and V had been announced).

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Anyway, here's my current prediction with my shitty editing59ef02c65e088_ScreenShot2017-10-24at10_06_51.thumb.png.b25c849a3cbb5cf04a4049a456371a80.png

I'd swap ADTR and Catfish. Reckon Foos would have the heaviest undercard of those headliners, and with Royal Blood obviously being the worst ticket seller of the three I think having Catfish below them would boost day ticket sales more than ADTR.

2 minutes ago, DR OK said:

Why does Zach De la Rocha get mentioned so often? Released ODAAL years ago but I can't see he's got any solo material in the pipeline? Just wishful hoping?

yeah mainly wishful thinking on my part. it was said that he'd have a solo album released in early 2017 but obviously that never happened. I was hoping it'd got postponed for whatever reason and was still going to be released and then tour it next year, but who knows. would be a brilliant booking though.

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Main: Royal Blood / Tame Impala, Chvrches, Friendly Fires

NME: LCD Soundsystem

Saturday

Main: Arctic Monkeys, Catfish & The Bottlemen, All Time Low

NME: Annie Mac

Sunday

Main: Foo Fighters, Stormzy, Wolf Alice

NME: Courteeners

Tame Impala vs LCD Soundsystem on the two biggest stages at Reading or Leeds would be dumb af tbh