The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

A couple of bits and bobs added and shuffled around after today's announcement: 

Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Jake Bugg / Metronomy / Everything Everything / Blossoms / Circa Waves / Rat Boy / VANT 

FLUME / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / SikTh

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Moose Blood / Deap Vally / Frank Iero And The Patience

Brand New / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Against Me! / letlive. / The Menzingers

Muse / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

Bastille / Jungle / White Lies / Temples

Billy Talent / Marmozets / Touché Amoré

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Jake Bugg / Metronomy / Everything Everything / Blossoms / Circa Waves / Rat Boy / VANT 

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Moose Blood / Deap Vally / Frank Iero And The Patience

Muse / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

Friday looks pretty lacking, so it's probably quite accurate.

I don't expect to see Jake Bugg there. The only fans he must have retained are the ones that pay to go see Travis or the bloke from Keane and 2017 should safely see him transition to small festivals and outdoor festivals in city centres. If you're shoehorning him in because of that guy and his "info" then ADTR were also part of that. :P Think Twenty One Pilots will have a year off too.

Would expect that Friday main stage to be distributed around a bit. Seems way more, err, "indie" than I've ever seen a main stage day. Buggler aside - those kind of acts are pretty big draws for the R+L crowd nowadays so clustering them in one day is kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't expect to see Jake Bugg there. The only fans he must have retained are the ones that pay to go see Travis or the bloke from Keane and 2017 should safely see him transition to small festivals and outdoor festivals in city centres. If you're shoehorning him in because of that guy and his "info" then ADTR were also part of that. :P Think Twenty One Pilots will have a year off too.

Would expect that Friday main stage to be distributed around a bit. Seems way more, err, "indie" than I've ever seen a main stage day. Buggler aside - those kind of acts are pretty big draws for the R+L crowd nowadays so clustering them in one day is kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

Oi Travis are quality :P 

Jake bugg got a decent sized crowd at t in the park too this year. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I'd probably get a Saturday ticket based on that. Em, JEW, RTJ, NFG.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I included in some of my predictions because Vaccines this year.

After first announcement:

Friday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish and the bottlemen / Enter shikari / Rise against / Everything everything / Blossoms / Moose blood / Against the current / Swmrs

NME: The chainsmokers / Stormzy / Glass animals / Wilkinson / Danny brown / Coasts / Prides / The struts / Cabbage

Dance: Craig david's ts5 Pit: Killswitch engage FR: Feeder 1xtra: Tory lanez

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Major lazer / Kaiser chiefs / Wolf alice / Circa waves / The pretty reckless / Pvris / Beartooth / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Jimmy eat world / Neck deep / Mallory knox / MØ / Jagwar ma / Rag'n'bone man / Deap vally / The sherlocks

Dance: Andy c Pit: At the drive in FR: Warpaint 1xtra: Lethal bizzle

Sunday:

Main: 
Muse / You me at six / Panic at the disco / Run the jewels / Architects / Billy talent / While she sleeps / Vant / Creeper

NME: Bastille / Haim / Jungle / Anderson. paak / Drenge / The hunna / Rationale / Frightened rabbit / Clean cut kid

Dance: Gorgon city Lockup: Sum 41 FR: Peace 1xtra: Wretch 32

17 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Enter Shikari 

I personally don't see Shikari playing 3rd on their return. After playing 4th down Main in 2014, and with the festival seemingly very fond of them (and indeed, is the band of the festival), a small bump up to 3rd is what, maybe 2 or 3 more songs on their setlist? I think it's more likely that they'll sub a huge name like Rage Against The Machine, headline NME tent or get the same 'Special Guest Opener' slot that Frank Turner did this year. Imagine hearing Slipshod / The Jester on Main Stage at 11:30am :lol:

Edited by JSmurphy
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I personally don't see Shikari playing 3rd on their return. After playing 4th down Main in 2014, and with the festival seemingly very fond of them (and indeed, is the band of the festival), a small bump up to 3rd is what, maybe 2 or 3 more songs on their setlist? I think it's more likely that they'll sub a huge name à la Rage Against The Machine, headline NME tent or get the same 'Special Guest Opener' slot that Frank Turner did this year. Imagine hearing Slipshod / The Jester on Main Stage at 11:30am :lol:

i don't think they're quite a main stage sub yet but headlining NME seems like a great spot for them - i'm surprised they haven't done it before tbh. and if they're gonna continue the special opener then they're the next obvious candidate in the love Reading and Leeds camp

On 4 December 2016 at 10:49 AM, dentalplan said:

Think about everyone has predicted this right but Architects and Muse are on the same day according to their sites; Reading Friday and Leeds Saturday.

Good spot. Probably means that Kasabian will close Reading, as these days the Sunday headliner usually seems to be the contemporary act with BIG EPIC ANTHEMZ (yeah I know Muse fit that criteria too, but...)

Does this make Muse the first band to headline all three days at Reading and Leeds?

Edited by VCK

3 hours ago, VCK said:

Good spot. Probably means that Kasabian will close Reading, as these days the Sunday headliner usually seems to be the contemporary act with BIG EPIC ANTHEMZ (yeah I know Muse fit that criteria too, but...)

Does this make Muse the first band to headline all three days at Reading and Leeds?

That's p cool. Last year made them the first act to do that at Glastonbury, too.

• 2 weeks later...

MAIN: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Jamie T / Metronomy / Everything Everything / Blossoms / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / SWMRS

NME: The Offspring / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Lock Up: Against Me! / Marmozets / The Menzingers 

MAIN: Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Moose Blood / VANT / Frank Iero And The Patience

NME: Bastille / Jungle / White Lies / Temples

The Pit: Gojira / The Ghost Inside / SikTh

MAIN: Muse / Pendulum / You Me At Six / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

NME: FLUME / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown

The Pit: Billy Talent / letlive. / Touché Amoré 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MAIN: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Jamie T / Metronomy / Everything Everything / Blossoms / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / SWMRS

NME: The Offspring / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

MAIN: Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Moose Blood / VANT / Frank Iero And The Patience

MAIN: Muse / Pendulum / You Me At Six / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

Muse n Architects are Friday so swap Fri and Sun round I guess.

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don't think Offspring and JEW would go against Kasabian and Catfish, much more likely against Em/ML

It'd not a bad effort but I'd have Roses Against in there and I don't think Pendulum will appear so Bastille in that place for me.

The run of Wolf Alice, RTJ, TA and NFG is decent, JEW and Offspring following that would be a day ticket for me without hesitation. The other days wouldn't entice, below Catfish on main is all I don't like about the festival but that's me.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think Offspring and JEW would go against Kasabian and Catfish, much more likely against Em/ML

It'd not a bad effort but I'd have Roses Against in there and I don't think Pendulum will appear so Bastille in that place for me.

The run of Wolf Alice, RTJ, TA and NFG is decent, JEW and Offspring following that would be a day ticket for me without hesitation. The other days wouldn't entice, below Catfish on main is all I don't like about the festival but that's me.

Aren't Bastille down for the same day as Major Lazer? Which will be the Eminem day, I'm guessing. So ML will obviously be subbing Em, which leaves Bastille either third down or NME headliner, and I see NME headliner as much more likely as they played third down last time. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Aren't Bastille down for the same day as Major Lazer? Which will be the Eminem day, I'm guessing. So ML will obviously be subbing Em, which leaves Bastille either third down or NME headliner, and I see NME headliner as much more likely as they played third down last time. 

I don't know who is confirmed for any day bit if that's true then yes NME is likely and furthermore that would be a highly strong booking, strongest NME headliner for a long time.