The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Bring Me The Horizon
Deftones
Enter Shikari
Wolf Alice
Jimmy Eat World
The Hives
Taking Back Sunday
Beartooth
As It Is

Bastille
Haim
Blossoms

Kasabian
Royal Blood
A Day To Remember
White Lies
Everything Everything
Neck Deep
Blood Red Shoes
Frank Iero and the Partiencwe
Pretty Vicious

You Me At Six
Brand New
Feeder

Arcade Fire
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Kaiser Chiefs
Run the Jewels
Metronomy
Don Broco
Young Guns
Moose Blood
Creeper

Panic! At The Disco
Twin Atlantic
Grimes

On 15/10/2016 at 2:47 PM, dentalplan said:

Seeing as I was the only one without Kasabian on my prediction I've updated mine. Did a poster because I'd be basically writing out all the same names again. I'm not very good at Photoshop so don't laugh.

JZCibUP.png

Don't see Wolf Alice 3rd from Top, they'd probably play 4th, if they are back around by Reading. Also some odd placings on the NME.

Expect HAIM will be back considering they dropped out this year too.

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Don't see Wolf Alice 3rd from Top, they'd probably play 4th, if they are back around by Reading. Also some odd placings on the NME.

Expect HAIM will be back considering they dropped out this year too.

With a new album I think there's a good chance. They were 5th down at Glastonbury this year still on one album. Which ones are oddly placed on NME?

There's a chance HAIM will be back but it's not generally a thing that bands cancel and then come back the next year for definite. Some have like two years plotted out at a time so it's not as easy but yeah, some do like Mastodon did.

On 17/10/2016 at 1:06 AM, dentalplan said:

Which ones are oddly placed on NME?

Skepta alone headlining NME is a stretch. Really like Danny Brown and the new album is great but i can't see him placing that highly. The Sherlocks would be more likely to open the stage than play that high, Lady Leshurr and Vant would both place higher. Death Grips aren't going to sub the NME. There's also not a huge amount of diversity on the stage when there is normally a fair amount of variety.

Bring Me The Horizon / You Me At Six / A Day To Remember / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / PVRIS / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks

FLUME (closing set) / HAIM 

letlive. / Touché Amoré

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Blossoms / The Pretty Reckless / Circa Waves / Prides / VANT 

Enter Shikari / Don Broco

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside

The Strokes / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Twenty One Pilots / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / Sum 41 / Moose Blood / Deap Vally / The Front Bottoms 

Chase and Status / Stormzy 

Sum 41 / Marmozets

46 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Skepta alone headlining NME is a stretch. Really like Danny Brown and the new album is great but i can't see him placing that highly. The Sherlocks would be more likely to open the stage than play that high, Lady Leshurr and Vant would both place higher. Death Grips aren't going to sub the NME. There's also not a huge amount of diversity on the stage when there is normally a fair amount of variety.

Aight fair enough but I would still disagree with all of that. In particular Skepta not headlining NME despite selling out Ally Pally instantly and winning the Mercury - he's practically outgrowing BBK now and they've already done a high main stage slot. Also I don't know who could be added to the stage to increase diversity, aside from maybe some metal acts but there generally isn't a lot of that on the NME.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Skepta could 100% headline the NME. album was huge enough as it was but then he won the Mercury Prize which boosted it even more. he'd not only headline but he'd pack it out

Might be going out on a limb here, but it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot at all if Skepta subs the Main Stage on his next album if he carries on going the way he is going. BBK had a ridiculous crowd this year. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Might be going out on a limb here, but it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot at all if Skepta subs the Main Stage on his next album if he carries on going the way he is going. BBK had a ridiculous crowd this year. 

Nah yer not wrong and to be honest, that's the kind of act that should be headlining the main stage. He's pretty much the face of the biggest musical movement to break out of this country for a long time so it seems more befitting of the time to do that than just seeing whichever indie rock act is the biggest at that point and they walk out to a crowd that'd probably be smaller than Skepta could draw given the chance.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also I don't know who could be added to the stage to increase diversity, aside from maybe some metal acts but there generally isn't a lot of that on the NME.

There's usually a heavier act or two on the stage and also some pop punk. Normally some Kerrang-style rock aswell, which aside from YMAS isn't really there.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon / You Me At Six / A Day To Remember / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / PVRIS / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks

FLUME (closing set) / HAIM 

letlive. / Touché Amoré

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Blossoms / The Pretty Reckless / Circa Waves / Prides / VANT 

Enter Shikari / Don Broco

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside

The Strokes / Royal Blood (co-headline) / Twenty One Pilots / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / Sum 41 / Moose Blood / Deap Vally / The Front Bottoms 

Chase and Status / Stormzy 

Sum 41 / Marmozets

Although i like this line up there are some definite question marks i'd raise, such as Twenty One Pilots subbing, they'd headline NME or third top on main, no higher. Don't see Creeper playing higher than opening main stage, especially as their debut album isn't out until March but aside from them they all seem more or less correct. Although i donn't see JEW playing that high, especially as two yeras ago they were lower.

5 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

There's usually a heavier act or two on the stage and also some pop punk. Normally some Kerrang-style rock aswell, which aside from YMAS isn't really there.

Although i like this line up there are some definite question marks i'd raise, such as Twenty One Pilots subbing, they'd headline NME or third top on main, no higher. Don't see Creeper playing higher than opening main stage, especially as their debut album isn't out until March but aside from them they all seem more or less correct. Although i donn't see JEW playing that high, especially as two yeras ago they were lower.

I know it's an argument that has been had to death on here, but subbing co-headliners is essentially third down in my eyes. I think it is a slot to expect too, as they sold out two Ally Pally dates stupidly quick. As for Creeper, I really think that they are going to blow up as soon as that album comes out, and it will be far bigger than casual fans expect. They're going to be huge. It wouldn't surprise me to see them as a logo band within 3/4 years. JEW is a fair point. 

Edited by Andre91

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I know it's an argument that has been had to death on here, but subbing co-headliners is essentially third down in my eyes. I think it is a slot to expect too, as they sold out two Ally Pally dates stupidly quick. As for Creeper, I really think that they are going to blow up as soon as that album comes out, and it will be far bigger than casual fans expect. They're going to be huge. It wouldn't surprise me to see them as a logo band within 3/4 years. JEW is a fair point. 

I see subbing co-headliners as a slight step up from third down and it does make the act seem bigger, it's just too much for TOP, i don't expect co-headliners again this year anyway. I'm a massive Creeper fan, i've seen them 4 times and i'm seeing them again next month, however they would be lucky to be booked for main stage slot before releasing an album, they will be big but the main stage will be booked before their album is out in all likelihood, a logo band in the future, for sure but 3/4 years is a bit soon. Given they will likely tour Eternity, In Your Arms for upto two years then we wouldn't see a new album for another year or so, 3/4 years is just too soon unless they turn out to do a Royal Blood, but that seems unliekly.

8 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I see subbing co-headliners as a slight step up from third down and it does make the act seem bigger, it's just too much for TOP, i don't expect co-headliners again this year anyway. I'm a massive Creeper fan, i've seen them 4 times and i'm seeing them again next month, however they would be lucky to be booked for main stage slot before releasing an album, they will be big but the main stage will be booked before their album is out in all likelihood, a logo band in the future, for sure but 3/4 years is a bit soon. Given they will likely tour Eternity, In Your Arms for upto two years then we wouldn't see a new album for another year or so, 3/4 years is just too soon unless they turn out to do a Royal Blood, but that seems unliekly.

Creeper have had 3 widely popular and well received EPs and there was a lot of hype around them before this year's festival, so I definitely think that they will be booked for the Main Stage already. They would have been planning the album for a while and they've been plugged R1 for some time, and that will only rocket once the album comes out. First or second on Main will be ideal for them. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Creeper have had 3 widely popular and well received EPs and there was a lot of hype around them before this year's festival, so I definitely think that they will be booked for the Main Stage already. They would have been planning the album for a while and they've been plugged R1 for some time, and that will only rocket once the album comes out. First or second on Main will be ideal for them. 

Think it's a little ambitious, they'd be better off on the Pit or NME later in the day anyway, would put on a better show there, not saying they won't be on the Main Stage, i'm just staying it'd seem a little rushed. Although Hacktivist opened the main stage on the back of one EP so it could well be possible.

• Upvote 1

Friday:

Main:
Bring Me The Horizon
You Me At Six
Panic! At The Disco
Twin Atlantic
Jimmy Eat World
Blossoms
The Hunna
Don Broco
Eliza and The Bear

NME:
Jamie T
Foster The People
Nothing But Thieves
JME
Lady Leshurr
Young Guns
Deaf Havana
Royal Republic
The Struts
Spring King
Fangclub

Dance: The Chainsmokers

The Pit: Skindred

FR: American Football

1Xtra: Danny Brown

Saturday:

Main:
Kasabian
Bastille
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Wolf Alice
Brand New
The Pretty Reckless
The Wonder Years
Moose Blood
Creeper

NME:
Chase & Status
Slaves
Stormzy
Death Grips
Lower Than Atlantis
Big Sean
Coasts
Saint Raymond
Vant
Beach Slang
Muncie Girls

Dance: Sub Focus

The Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Feeder

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle

Sunday:

Main:
Kanye West
Major Lazer
Twenty One Pilots
HAIM
Of Mice and Men
Mallory Knox
Beartooth
Modern Baseball
SWMRS

NME:
A Day To Remember
The Hives
Neck Deep
Architects
Marmozets
Yelawolf
The King Blues
FIDLAR
Pulled Apart By Horses
The LaFontaines
Arcane Roots

Dance: Flume

The Lock Up: Sum 41

FR: The Fratellis

1Xtra: Big Narstie

• Upvote 1

Some good stuff there @Gozpot but Don Broco would be considerable higher than that. They've sold out Brixton. I would expect them to be fifth down, maybe even fourth down next time they play. Also, Moose Blood would be higher than The Wonder Years and Arcane Roots would be higher than main openers. 

The ADTR NME day would never happen. Too many metal / punk bands on there to ever ever be on that stage. FLUME is playing Ally Pally too so I think NME headliner would be more realistic than Dance Stage. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Some good stuff there @Gozpot but Don Broco would be considerable higher than that. They've sold out Brixton. I would expect them to be fifth down, maybe even fourth down next time they play. Also, Moose Blood would be higher than The Wonder Years and Arcane Roots would be higher than main openers. 

The ADTR NME day would never happen. Too many metal / punk bands on there to ever ever be on that stage. FLUME is playing Ally Pally too so I think NME headliner would be more realistic than Dance Stage. 

When did Broco sell out Brixton? They won't play fourth down, that's way too high when you compare them to BBK, EoDM and ASAP Rocky this year. Moose Blood and TWY would be a tough one to call, i'd argue they're similar sized, the line up just seemed to flow better having Creeper->Moose Blood->TWY->Pretty Reckless.

Arcane Roots wouldn't play higher than opening main, they're too big to open NME but i couldn't think of anyone else for the slot.

The ADTR NME day is more wishful thinking and not really knowing enough smaller indie acts to fill up the stage, Flume is playing Ally Pally but it is one of two days, the Dance Tent isn't even that much smaller than the NME so i don't see why it'd be a problem.

3 hours ago, Gozpot said:

When did Broco sell out Brixton? They won't play fourth down, that's way too high when you compare them to BBK, EoDM and ASAP Rocky this year. Moose Blood and TWY would be a tough one to call, i'd argue they're similar sized, the line up just seemed to flow better having Creeper->Moose Blood->TWY->Pretty Reckless.

Arcane Roots wouldn't play higher than opening main, they're too big to open NME but i couldn't think of anyone else for the slot.

The ADTR NME day is more wishful thinking and not really knowing enough smaller indie acts to fill up the stage, Flume is playing Ally Pally but it is one of two days, the Dance Tent isn't even that much smaller than the NME so i don't see why it'd be a problem.

Broco's Brixton date was last December to round off a tour which included venues like Rock City and Leeds O2 Academy. With a new album I think they could play fourth. Although I don't think we will get one until late 2017 at the earliest. 

FLUME already headlined the dance tent in 2015 (?) and now they're playing those venues, so...

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Broco's Brixton date was last December to round off a tour which included venues like Rock City and Leeds O2 Academy. With a new album I think they could play fourth. Although I don't think we will get one until late 2017 at the earliest. 

FLUME already headlined the dance tent in 2015 (?) and now they're playing those venues, so...

Didn't think that sold out, thought there was loads of tickets left for it.

Flume did in 2014 but the caliber of acts they get for the Dance tent is growing each year so i wouldn't write it off.

9 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main:
Bring Me The Horizon
You Me At Six
Panic! At The Disco
Twin Atlantic
Jimmy Eat World
Blossoms
The Hunna
Don Broco
Eliza and The Bear

NME:
Jamie T
Foster The People
Nothing But Thieves
JME
Lady Leshurr
Young Guns
Deaf Havana
Royal Republic
The Struts
Spring King
Fangclub

Dance: The Chainsmokers

The Pit: Skindred

FR: American Football

1Xtra: Danny Brown

Saturday:

Main:
Kasabian
Bastille
Catfish & The Bottlemen
Wolf Alice
Brand New
The Pretty Reckless
The Wonder Years
Moose Blood
Creeper

NME:
Chase & Status
Slaves
Stormzy
Death Grips
Lower Than Atlantis
Big Sean
Coasts
Saint Raymond
Vant
Beach Slang
Muncie Girls

Dance: Sub Focus

The Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Feeder

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle

Sunday:

Main:
Kanye West
Major Lazer
Twenty One Pilots
HAIM
Of Mice and Men
Mallory Knox
Beartooth
Modern Baseball
SWMRS

NME:
A Day To Remember
The Hives
Neck Deep
Architects
Marmozets
Yelawolf
The King Blues
FIDLAR
Pulled Apart By Horses
The LaFontaines
Arcane Roots

Dance: Flume

The Lock Up: Sum 41

FR: The Fratellis

1Xtra: Big Narstie

In my opinion:

Too High - Panic! At The Disco, Nothing But Thieves, Neck Deep

Too Low - Spring King, Chase & Status, Lower Than Atlantis, Vant, Marmozets, Pulled Apart By Horses

54 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

In my opinion:

Too High - Panic! At The Disco, Nothing But Thieves, Neck Deep

Too Low - Spring King, Chase & Status, Lower Than Atlantis, Vant, Marmozets, Pulled Apart By Horses

Panic will be a logo band next time they play no doubt, they were 5th before their latest album and that went huge, they sold out two night at Ally Pally, 100% a logo band, i'm not even a fan but there's no denying they will be that high up. I wouldn't say any of the others are out of place aside from Neck Deep who are placed a bit high