The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

You act as if they didn't get half the 2013 lineup back this year.

probably because most acts work on a two/three year album cycle so tend to be touring their albums in similar years, but not the exact same subs under the exact same headliners. it hasn't gotten that bad yet

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main:
Thirty Seconds To Mars & Bring Me The Horizon (co-headline) / You Me At Six / Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Mallory Knox / Young Guns / Beartooth / Black Peaks

NME:
Jamie T / Jake Bugg

Pit:
Architects

FR:
Bloc Party

Saturday:

Main:
Kasabian / Royal Blood / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Sum 41 / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME:
Chase & Status / Slaves 

Pit:
Skindred

FR:
American Football

Sunday:

Main:
Blink-182 / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / Weezer / Korn / Of Mice & Men / The Hives / Blossoms / Modern Baseball / The Hunna

NME:
Bastille / Wolf Alice

Lock Up:
Brand New

FR:
Feeder

Seems most of the way there. I would say the NME headliners and subs would all be too big for their slots though. Might be getting too ahead of ourselves with some of these falls down the line up considering Chase & Status only had headline slots and a sub slot at T this summer, and before then they had an apparently enormous crowd for their sub slot.

Would say Architects and Brand New are also too big for Lock Up/The Pit (Skindred are a good shout though) and I'd be surprised if Bloc Party are still around by the time of next year's fest. I don't see 30STM headlining but I'm sure that'll be one of the things pawed (pored?) over for the next few months,

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Seems most of the way there. I would say the NME headliners and subs would all be too big for their slots though. Might be getting too ahead of ourselves with some of these falls down the line up considering Chase & Status only had headline slots and a sub slot at T this summer, and before then they had an apparently enormous crowd for their sub slot.

Would say Architects and Brand New are also too big for Lock Up/The Pit (Skindred are a good shout though) and I'd be surprised if Bloc Party are still around by the time of next year's fest. I don't see 30STM headlining but I'm sure that'll be one of the things pawed (pored?) over for the next few months,

I wouldn't say Jamie T, Bastille and Chase and Status are any bigger with the current crowd than Two Door Cinema Club, The 1975 and Jack U are?

Architects and Brand New on the Pit/Lock Up was half that i couldn't think of anyone else and half wishful thinking if i'm honest.

Hadn't thought of 30STM as a headliner myself but if they did come back as a festival exclusive with new material i could see them possibly get the bump as they've done nothing for a fair few years the excitement of them being back might be just enought to push them?

Bring Me The Horizon / You Me At Six / A Day To Remember / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep 

FLUME (closing set) / HAIM 

letlive. / Marmozets

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Peace 

Brand New / Don Broco

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside 

Royal Blood / Twenty One Pilots / The Last Shadow Puppets / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic 

Chase & Status / Stormzy 

Against Me! / Touché Amoré

Edited by Andre91

Here's a new one from yer man d-plan:

THE STROKES, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Brand New, Of Mice & Men, Blossoms, PVRIS, Spring King, Nine Black Alps
NME: Flume, Death Grips, Band of Skulls, Shura, The Hunna, Jagwar Ma, Loyle Carner, Georgia, Beach Baby, Catholic Action
FR: Frightened Rabbit / Pit: Skindred / 1X: Krept & Konan / DS: Richie Hawtin

KANYE WEST, Major Lazer, Hozier, Wolf Alice, Jimmy Eat World, Peace, Rat Boy, Deap Vally, Milk Teeth
NME: You Me at Six, The Hives, Desiigner, DMA's, Lady Leshurr, Clean Cut Kid, Tkay Maidza, Black Foxxes, Black Honey, Hooton Tennis Club
FR: Circa Waves / Pit: Killswitch Engage / 1X: Action Bronson / DS: Wilkinson

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Deftones, Twenty One Pilots, Twin Atlantic, Architects, Neck Deep, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Creeper
NME: Skepta, Gorgon City, White Lies, Alunageorge, Drenge, Temples, The Sherlocks, Magic Gang, Partybaby, Judas
FR: The Horrors / LU: Billy Talent / 1X: Rae Sremmurd / DS: Kaytranada

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Seems a fair one. Last Shadow Puppets aren't gonna still be around next year though and Flume is huge so I don't know about Haim being bumped up to headline NME over him.

Yeah I was a bit stuck for someone to play third down on that day so I went with TLSP. Not really sure who else I could have put.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

really nice lineup. some of that would even have me contemplating getting a ticket. not convinced Kasabian will be there? or just more fixed on Kanye being there?

(can't see You Me At Six headlining NME mind)

Not really convinced on Kasabian; they probably will have a new album and they're due a return to R+L but they could play any of the major festivals instead and it's more interesting to explore other ideas. Kanye's due a headline slot though and Strokes are due a return - the BMTH stuff isn't totally convincing either but I don't know a heavy headliner that's a sure bet and bringing BMTH back on the tail-end of the album they were essentially launching at R+L would be the kinda bullshit booking that'd happen.

I don't expect many to agree on YMAS but I just don't think they're on an upwards path and will linger about the same level. They didn't really suit a day I could fit them in third so I slung 'em in NME.

New Prediction, tried to make it slightly different from others:

BRING ME THE HORIZON, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Jimmy Eat World, Blossoms, Spector, The Hunna

NME: Skepta, Grimes, Metronomy, White Lies

FR: Circa Waves

ARCADE FIRE, Major Lazer, Bastille, Run The Jewels, Peace, Warpaint, American Football, Spring King

NME: Jamie T, Haim, The Horrors, DMA's

FR: Young Fathers

GUNS N ROSES, 30 Seconds To Mars, You Me At Six, Twin Atlantic, Brand New, Sum 41, Deap Vally, Creeper

NME: Flume, Jake Bugg, Charli XCX, Milburn

FR: The Hives

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon / You Me At Six / A Day To Remember / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep 
letlive. / Marmozets

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Peace 
Brand New / Don Broco

Royal Blood / Twenty One Pilots / The Last Shadow Puppets / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic 
Chase & Status / Stormzy 

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Here's a new one from yer man d-plan:

THE STROKES, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Brand New, Of Mice & Men, Blossoms, PVRIS, Spring King, Nine Black Alps
NME: Flume, Death Grips, Band of Skulls, Shura, The Hunna, Jagwar Ma, Loyle Carner, Georgia, Beach Baby, Catholic Action
FR: Frightened Rabbit / Pit: Skindred / 1X: Krept & Konan / DS: Richie Hawtin

KANYE WEST, Major Lazer, Hozier, Wolf Alice, Jimmy Eat World, Peace, Rat Boy, Deap Vally, Milk Teeth
NME: You Me at Six, The Hives, Desiigner, DMA's, Lady Leshurr, Clean Cut Kid, Tkay Maidza, Black Foxxes, Black Honey, Hooton Tennis Club
FR: Circa Waves / Pit: Killswitch Engage / 1X: Action Bronson / DS: Wilkinson

BRING ME THE HORIZON, Deftones, Twenty One Pilots, Twin Atlantic, Architects, Neck Deep, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Creeper
NME: Skepta, Gorgon City, White Lies, Alunageorge, Drenge, Temples, The Sherlocks, Magic Gang, Partybaby, Judas
FR: The Horrors / LU: Billy Talent / 1X: Rae Sremmurd / DS: Kaytranada

37 minutes ago, DMCJ2 said:

BRING ME THE HORIZON, ROYAL BLOOD, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Wolf Alice, Jimmy Eat World, Blossoms, Spector, The Hunna

ARCADE FIRE, Major Lazer, Bastille, Run The Jewels, Peace, Warpaint, American Football, Spring King

GUNS N ROSES, 30 Seconds To Mars, You Me At Six, Twin Atlantic, Brand New, Sum 41, Deap Vally, Creeper

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

letlive. / Marmozets

Kasabian / Major Lazer / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Run The Jewels / Peace 

Brand New / Don Broco

Chase & Status / Stormzy 

Dat Friday tho. Damn.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DMCJ2 said:

Friday:

THE STROKES / ROYAL BLOOD / Catfish and the bottlemen / Wolf alice / Sum 41 / The pretty reckless / The hunna / Against the current / Creeper

NME: The chainsmokers / Stormzy / Foster the people

Dance: Shy fx / Lock up: Neck deep / FR: Miles kane / 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Saturday:

GORILLAZ / Chase and status / Enter shikari / Brand new / Blossoms / Rat boy / The wonder years / Modern baseball / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Jimmy eat world / Don broco

Dance: Zhu / Pit: At the drive in / FR: Peace / 1xtra: Section boyz

Sunday:

LINKIN PARK / You me at six / Weezer / Run the jewels / Architects / Moose blood / Pvris / Beartooth / Astroid boys

NME: Jamie t / Haim / Circa waves

Dance: Craig davids ts5 / Pit: Killswitch engage / FR: White lies / 1xtra: Mixpak

13 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

THE STROKES / ROYAL BLOOD / Catfish and the bottlemen / Wolf alice / Sum 41 / The pretty reckless / The hunna / Against the current / Creeper

NME: The chainsmokers / Stormzy / Foster the people

Dance: Shy fx / Lock up: Neck deep / FR: Miles kane / 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Saturday:

GORILLAZ / Chase and status / Enter shikari / Brand new / Blossoms / Rat boy / The wonder years / Modern baseball / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Jimmy eat world / Don broco

Dance: Zhu / Pit: At the drive in / FR: Peace / 1xtra: Section boyz

Sunday:

LINKIN PARK / You me at six / Weezer / Run the jewels / Architects / Moose blood / Pvris / Beartooth / Astroid boys

NME: Jamie t / Haim / Circa waves

Dance: Craig davids ts5 / Pit: Killswitch engage / FR: White lies / 1xtra: Mixpak

Gorillaz and Linkin Park aren't gonna headline. the rest (as far as i can see) looks quite likely

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gorillaz and Linkin Park aren't gonna headline. the rest (as far as i can see) looks quite likely

Fair, its hard to say with healiners this year, a lot of people are predicting Kasabian, BMTH and Royal blood (with or without a co headliner) and that just seems really weak to me.

7 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Fair, its hard to say with healiners this year, a lot of people are predicting Kasabian, BMTH and Royal blood (with or without a co headliner) and that just seems really weak to me.

yeah seems pretty weak to me too, but i think i'm becoming a bit out of the loop concerning the size/popularity of Reading/Leeds headliners these days. bad news when Kasabian is your biggest headliner

• Upvote 1

On 10/09/2016 at 0:28 AM, Shaun182 said:

Basically if BMTH and Kasabian are headliners then there isn't a chance at all that RB will be. I'm not a fan of Foals as known but since when people compare them next year to Foals this year. At least Foals played a few times in decent slots up the stages 1st. RB when all said and done got a 3rd place down last time because they got them exclusive.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Basically if BMTH and Kasabian are headliners then there isn't a chance at all that RB will be. I'm not a fan of Foals as known but since when people compare them next year to Foals this year. At least Foals played a few times in decent slots up the stages 1st. RB when all said and done got a 3rd place down last time because they got them exclusive.

the exclusive may have had something to do with it but, much like Arctic Monkeys getting a sub slot in 2006, it was largely due to the fact that people were going fucking mental over them at the time and they took off in a huge way. i think they're bang average but people seem to have really taken to them, and although it's hard to imagine that their second album will reach quite the same level of hype, it'll be enough to justify a co-headliner spot for sure. where they'll go from there i'm not sure (can't really see them ever, say, headlining Glastonbury and the like) and, bar a huge shift in sound, they sound like they could get stale pretty fucking fast, but if the people want it then let em have it

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

the exclusive may have had something to do with it but, much like Arctic Monkeys getting a sub slot in 2006, it was largely due to the fact that people were going fucking mental over them at the time and they took off in a huge way. i think they're bang average but people seem to have really taken to them, and although it's hard to imagine that their second album will reach quite the same level of hype, it'll be enough to justify a co-headliner spot for sure. where they'll go from there i'm not sure (can't really see them ever, say, headlining Glastonbury and the like) and, bar a huge shift in sound, they sound like they could get stale pretty fucking fast, but if the people want it then let em have it

I'm not against it happening completely, I was more replying to the person saying it would be so weak and saying that trio won't happen, not yet. Arctics were massively bigger, their debut out sold RB easily without a doubt so I think comparing the two is silly.

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Just adding another name into the hat, but what about Massive Attack? AFAIK they haven't played R/L yet so it would be a good new booking for them. Not 100% if they're still touring next year but may be worth a shout. They may be doing Glasto but could still potentially do both. 

They'll be touring but won't be near R+L. As an older act not really right for the demographic, if FR can get them anywhere it'll be Latitude or something.

10 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Just adding another name into the hat, but what about Massive Attack? AFAIK they haven't played R/L yet so it would be a good new booking for them. Not 100% if they're still touring next year but may be worth a shout. They may be doing Glasto but could still potentially do both. 

Where do you think they'd fit in? I'm not sure that they'd be a big enough pull to shift many tickets (considering it was so easy to get tickets for BST for free via competitions) and therefore would be unlikely to headline even the NME tent.