The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

bing bong

ROYAL BLOOD, THE STROKES, Weezer, Wolf Alice, Blossoms, The Hives, Andrew WK, Deap Vally, Creeper
NME: Flume, Earl Sweatshirt, Dma's, Neck Deep, Lady Leshurr
FR: Frightened Rabbit / LU: Billy Talent / 1X: Krept & Konan / DS: Richie Hawtin

BLINK-182, A Day to Remember, Deftones, Twin Atlantic, Architects, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Milk Teeth, Black Peaks
NME: Sbtrkt (closing set), Slaves, Desiigner, Band of Skulls, Clean Cut Kid
FR: White Lies / Pit: Killswitch Engage / 1X: Action Bronson / DS: Wilkinson

KASABIAN, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Chance the Rapper, Brand New, Peace, Rat Boy, Pvris, The King Blues, Swmrs
NME: Stormzy, Gorgon City, Marmozets, The Hunna, Temples
FR: The Horrors / Pit: Fightstar / 1X: Rae Sremmurd / DS: Kaytranada

Edited by dentalplan

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

bing bong

ROYAL BLOOD, THE STROKES, Weezer, Wolf Alice, Blossoms, The Hives, Andrew WK, Deap Vally, Creeper
NME: Flume, Earl Sweatshirt, Dma's, Neck Deep, Lady Leshurr
FR: Frightened Rabbit / LU: Billy Talent / 1X: Krept & Konan / DS: Richie Hawtin

BLINK-182, A Day to Remember, Deftones, Twin Atlantic, Architects, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Milk Teeth, Black Peaks
NME: Sbtrkt (closing set), Slaves, Desiigner, Band of Skulls, Clean Cut Kid
FR: White Lies / Pit: Killswitch Engage / 1X: Action Bronson / DS: Wilkinson

KASABIAN, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Chance the Rapper, Brand New, Peace, Rat Boy, Pvris, The King Blues, Swmrs
NME: Stormzy, Gorgon City, Marmozets, The Hunna, Temples
FR: The Horrors / Pit: Fightstar / 1X: Rae Sremmurd / DS: Kaytranada

Friday: The Strokes, Weezer, Andrew WK, Creeper, Neck Deep and Billy Talent all in one day? That would be utterly ridiculous and awesome :P 

Saturday: Blink, ADTR, Deftones, Architects, NFG, Moose Blood, Milk Teeth, Black Peaks, Action Bronson and Killswitch would be equally as awesome. 

Sunday: Brand New, PVRIS and Fightstar. 

Edited by Andre91

Shuffled my prediction around a little after this week's 30STM and Pumpkins news, and hearing Moose Blood's album. 

MAIN: 30 Seconds To Mars / The Smashing Pumpkins / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Marmozets / PVRIS / Black Peaks / Milk Teeth

NME: Jake Bugg / Stormzy 

LOCK UP: Sum 41 / The Story So Far / Four Year Strong

MAIN: Kasabian / Royal Blood / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Peace / Manchester Orchestra / Pulled Apart By Horses / Ratboy / VANT

NME: Brand New / Don Broco

PIT: Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / Motionless In White 

MAIN: Green Day / A Day To Remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck Deep / Moose Blood / While She Sleeps / Beartooth / Creeper 

NME: FLUME / Metronomy

PIT: letlive. / Every Time I Die / Touché Amoré

Edited by Andre91

FRI/SAT:

MAIN: TAME IMPALA (co-h) // ROYAL BLOOD (co-h) // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Weezer // Prophets Of Rage // Moose Blood // Basement // La Dispute // Reignwolf

NME: Alesso // Panic! At The Disco // Kaytranada // Desiigner // Riton // Anderson .Paak // DMA's // Jagwar Ma // The Sherlocks

DS: Eskimo Dance   PIT: Billy Talent   FR: The Coral   1XTRA: GoldLink

SAT/SUN:

MAIN: GREEN DAY // Enter Shikari // A Day To Remember // Brand New // Neck Deep // While She Sleeps // The Temperance Movement // The Struts // GreyWind

NME: Jake Bugg // Peace // Stormzy // Drenge // Coasts // Lady Leshurr // Dan Deacon // Clean Cut Kid // Milk Teeth // The Vryll Society

DS: Gorgon City   PIT: Glassjaw   FR: The Horrors  1XTRA: Lethal Bizzle

SUN/FRI:

MAIN: KASABIAN // Frank Ocean // Years & Years // Wolf Alice // Twin Atlantic // Mac DeMarco // New Found Glory // Creeper // Black Foxxes

NME: Flume // Circa Waves // Palma Violets // Modestep // Young Fathers // Vince Staples // Charli XCX // Vant // The Hunna // Chef'special

DS: Annie Mac   PIT: Architects   FR: Courtney Barnett   1XTRA: Mixpak

Cool line ups. I don't reckon Tame Impala will be touring next year, and I don't think 30STM will be anywhere near even a coheadline slot. Also I don't think Smashing Pumpkins will take sub slots if the old band reunites. Feel like Metronomy would be higher than the same slot as last time - they're getting quite a big following now - and Prophets of Rage would defs be higher than a mid-afternoon slot; they could even be a quite weak headliner. BUT that's just my opinions though and they both seem pretty interesting bills.

I also think that Jake Bugg headlining NME at this stage would draw a pitiful crowd, even though he can't really play lower, so he's probably gonna move onto the smaller fests next year where he'll fester for the rest of his career. Quite sad really.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Cool line ups. I don't reckon Tame Impala will be touring next year, and I don't think 30STM will be anywhere near even a coheadline slot. Also I don't think Smashing Pumpkins will take sub slots if the old band reunites. Feel like Metronomy would be higher than the same slot as last time - they're getting quite a big following now - and Prophets of Rage would defs be higher than a mid-afternoon slot; they could even be a quite weak headliner. BUT that's just my opinions though and they both seem pretty interesting bills.

I also think that Jake Bugg headlining NME at this stage would draw a pitiful crowd, even though he can't really play lower, so he's probably gonna move onto the smaller fests next year where he'll fester for the rest of his career. Quite sad really.

he was third down on the radio 1 stage at t in the park. he can take lower

29 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

he was third down on the radio 1 stage at t in the park. he can take lower

But I wouldn't consider that "lower" - T get much bigger acts whereas him playing third down NME at Reading would mean going on before The Wombats.

Edited by dentalplan

ROYAL BLOOD / PENDULUM / Catfish and the bottlemen / Wolf alice / Don broco / The hives / Rat boy / Beartooth / Milk teeth

NME: Jamie t / Circa waves

KASABIAN / Bastille / Run the jewels / Twin atlantic / Sum 41 / Blossoms / Manchester orchestra / Against the current / Black peaks

NME: Enter shikari / Stormzy

GREEN DAY / A day to remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck deep / Pvris / Moose blood / Creeper / Being as an ocean

NME: Flume / The chainsmokers

Royal Blood, You Me At Six, Metronomy, Wolf Alice, Architects, The Wonder Years, Neck Deep 
Brand New, The Hives, Of Monsters and Men
Billy Talent
Miles Kane
Noisia

Kasabian, Chase & Status, Catfish & The Bottlemen, White Lies, Marmozets, Blossoms, Moose Blood
Flume, The Lumineers, Duke Dumont
Band of Skulls
Swim Deep
Andy C

Paramore, Vampire Weekend, Twin Atlantic, Foster The People, Killswitch Engage, Drenge, PVRIS,
Enter Shikari, Don Broco, Yelawolf
Glassjaw
British Sea Power
Flux Pavilion 

On 8/6/2016 at 11:10 PM, Shaun182 said:

ROYAL BLOOD / PENDULUM / Catfish and the bottlemen / Wolf alice / Blossoms / Neck deep / Pvris / Beartooth / Milk teeth

NME: Jamie t / Stormzy

KASABIAN / Bastille / Run the jewels / Twin atlantic / Sum 41 / Rat boy / Manchester orchestra / Against the current / Black peaks

NME: A day to remember / Circa waves

GREEN DAY / You me at six / Weezer / Brand new / Architects / Moose blood / Lonely the brave / Creeper / Being as an ocean

NME: Flume / The chainsmokers

Edit

On 8/5/2016 at 4:44 PM, Andre91 said:

Shuffled my prediction around a little after this week's 30STM and Pumpkins news, and hearing Moose Blood's album. 

MAIN: 30 Seconds To Mars / The Smashing Pumpkins / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / New Found Glory / Marmozets / PVRIS / Black Peaks / Milk Teeth

NME: Jake Bugg / Stormzy 

LOCK UP: Sum 41 / The Story So Far / Four Year Strong

MAIN: Kasabian / Royal Blood / Catfish and The Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Peace / Manchester Orchestra / Pulled Apart By Horses / Ratboy / VANT

NME: Brand New / Don Broco

PIT: Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / Motionless In White 

MAIN: Green Day / A Day To Remember / Weezer / Architects / Neck Deep / Moose Blood / While She Sleeps / Beartooth / Creeper 

NME: FLUME / Metronomy

PIT: letlive. / Every Time I Die / Touché Amoré

I'll raise you Blink 182, 30 STM/BMTH co-headline and Kasabian.

I kind of believe Blink atm, only because the source for it isn't exactly a bullshitter. I don't think SMP will do it and if it's a reunion they won't be subbing. Catfish are massively bigger than Royal Blood and if RB sub, Catfish given their tour was a decent size....do as well. I think Royal Blood, Catfish, Jamie T and ADTR need to be considered for subbing but Caftish almost definite after exclusion this year....plus there are high chances seemingly of a secret set which is only going to boost them.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Catfish are massively bigger than Royal Blood and if RB sub, Catfish given their tour was a decent size....do as well. I think Royal Blood, Catfish, Jamie T and ADTR need to be considered for subbing but Caftish almost definite after exclusion this year....plus there are high chances seemingly of a secret set which is only going to boost them.

Catfish only seem bigger now as they're active and have just released a new album. Royal Blood played third main stage off of one album and will undoubtedly return even bigger - I'd be shocked if they're not thrown in to at least a co-headliner position. Catfish will sub at most

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Catfish only seem bigger now as they're active and have just released a new album. Royal Blood played third main stage off of one album and will undoubtedly return even bigger - I'd be shocked if they're not thrown in to at least a co-headliner position. Catfish will sub at most

Exactly, and they don't even have post tour hype yet either. You really think Royal Blood are going to move to arena's next?, because they are going to need to in order to claim it. 

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Exactly, and they don't even have post tour hype yet either. You really think Royal Blood are going to move to arena's next?, because they are going to need to in order to claim it. 

they'll easily do arenas on the next album cycle. maybe not straight off the bat, but after the album release i'd be shocked if they didn't quickly move on to arenas. Royal Blood's rise to fame was almost instantaneous and probably the closest we've come to a new Oasis/Arctic Monkeys/instant success story in years, whereas Catfish have taken a little longer to work their way up. Royal Blood co-headliner - Catfish subbing Kasabian or something

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

they'll easily do arenas on the next album cycle. maybe not straight off the bat, but after the album release i'd be shocked if they didn't quickly move on to arenas. Royal Blood's rise to fame was almost instantaneous and probably the closest we've come to a new Oasis/Arctic Monkeys/instant success story in years, whereas Catfish have taken a little longer to work their way up. Royal Blood co-headliner - Catfish subbing Kasabian or something

Even if they do which is yet to be seen, Catfish have already entered arenas off the back of a 2nd album and they will only get bigger. It doesn't matter what you did then, it's what you do now, but subbing Kasabian is what I invisage. I don't think they'll quite do enough myself to be higher.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

READING FRIDAY/LEEDS SATURDAY

MAIN STAGE: Green Day, You Me At Six, A Day To Remember, Twin Atlantic, Black Veil Brides, Neck Deep, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, 
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Foster The People, Rat Boy

READING SATURDAY/LEEDS SUNDAY

MAIN STAGE: Arcade Fire, alt-J, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Run The Jewels, Warpaint, Blossoms, Fetty Wap, Parquet Courts, The Sherlocks
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Enter Shikari, Rise Againt

READING SUNDAY/LEEDS FRIDAY

MAIN STAGE: Kasabian, Royal Blood, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice, Peace, Don Broco, Young Guns, American Football, Vant
NME/RADIO 1 STAGE: Flume, Stormzy

Good man.

Haven't heard anything about Foster the People in a while; I don't think they'll ever be bothering an NME headline slot now. Couldn't see them not choosing a new headliner and next time either alt-J or Royal Blood play, I imagine it will be as headliners. Don't think Warpaint would be that high and I think Fetty Wap and American Football would each be a bit higher. Looks about right aside from that.

Friday:

Main:
Thirty Seconds To Mars & Bring Me The Horizon (co-headline) / You Me At Six / Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Mallory Knox / Young Guns / Beartooth / Black Peaks

NME:
Jamie T / Jake Bugg

Pit:
Architects

FR:
Bloc Party

Saturday:

Main:
Kasabian / Royal Blood / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Twin Atlantic / Marmozets / Sum 41 / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME:
Chase & Status / Slaves 

Pit:
Skindred

FR:
American Football

Sunday:

Main:
Blink-182 / Macklemore & Ryan Lewis / Weezer / Korn / Of Mice & Men / The Hives / Blossoms / Modern Baseball / The Hunna

NME:
Bastille / Wolf Alice

Lock Up:
Brand New

FR:
Feeder

MAIN: blink-182, You Me At Six, Weezer, Metronomy
NME: Tenacious D, Jimmy Eat World

MAIN: Guns N' Roses, Deftones, The Offspring, The Hives
NME: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Don Broco

MAIN: The Killers, Major Lazer, Jamie T, Gorgon City
NME: Enter Shikari, Peace

MAIN: Gorrilaz, alt-J, HAIM, Jess Glynne
NME: Kaiser Chiefs, Miles Kane

MAIN: Green Day, A Day to Remember, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice
NME: Flume, Jungle

MAIN: Paramore, Vampire Weekend, Foster The People, Rise Against
NME: Jake Bugg, SBTRKT

MAIN: Kasabian, Chase & Status, Brand New, White Lies
NME: Panic! At The Disco, The Lumineers

MAIN: Royal Blood & Pendulum, Twin Atlantic
NME: Bastille, Fetty Wap

*no I don't have anything better to do

11 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

MAIN: blink-182, You Me At Six, Weezer, Metronomy
NME: Tenacious D, Jimmy Eat World

MAIN: Guns N' Roses, Deftones, The Offspring, The Hives
NME: Catfish & The Bottlemen, Don Broco

MAIN: The Killers, Major Lazer, Jamie T, Gorgon City
NME: Enter Shikari, Peace

MAIN: Gorrilaz, alt-J, HAIM, Jess Glynne
NME: Kaiser Chiefs, Miles Kane

MAIN: Green Day, A Day to Remember, Twenty One Pilots, Wolf Alice
NME: Flume, Jungle

MAIN: Paramore, Vampire Weekend, Foster The People, Rise Against
NME: Jake Bugg, SBTRKT

MAIN: Kasabian, Chase & Status, Brand New, White Lies
NME: Panic! At The Disco, The Lumineers

MAIN: Royal Blood & Pendulum, Twin Atlantic
NME: Bastille, Fetty Wap

*no I don't have anything better to do

Why is the festival now over a week long?