Decent places to stay on the Tuesday night

Guest dinthepark

Hey, looking for some advice if you can help.

It's our first time going to Glastonbury and we're going to travel down from Glasgow on the Tuesday. Planning on getting a hotel room to stay in on the Tuesday night and getting up early on Wednesday morning to head to the site.

Where would be a good place to stay the night before that's not too far away? Looks like we're best travelling down the M5 so I've been looking at places like Bridgwater, Sedgemoor and Weston-Super-Mare.

Glastonbury Travelodge / Premier Inn are the obvious ones although I assume they'll either be booked out long before now or will have massively inflated prices.

Ilminster Travelodge has a fairly sensible route to the East Car Parks, and when I stayed there (about 5 years ago) it didn't suffer from "Glastonbury Pricing" (think it was 9 quid for the room).

You may be best looking at the independents - last time I was looking at staying the Tuesday night, I found a couple of decent looking places on http://www.bookdirectrooms.com/ which has a lot of Independent places that Expedia, Travelocity, etc miss.

Hey, looking for some advice if you can help.

It's our first time going to Glastonbury and we're going to travel down from Glasgow on the Tuesday. Planning on getting a hotel room to stay in on the Tuesday night and getting up early on Wednesday morning to head to the site.

Where would be a good place to stay the night before that's not too far away? Looks like we're best travelling down the M5 so I've been looking at places like Bridgwater, Sedgemoor and Weston-Super-Mare.

Thanks for the suggestions on places to stay.

Another thing I was wondering, we were planning on driving to the site early on the Wednesday to avoid queuing in traffic, is there normally a long wait to get into then campsite when it opens? Wondering if we're better waiting until Wednesday afternoon instead?

Try Littlewell Farm B and B, probably booked up, but last year was literally 5 minutes down a side road, turn right, turn left and into car parks.

Very nice cooked breakfast too, and that lovely last shower........

Edited by jeffie

• 1 month later...

we travel down from Glasgow and tend to stay in the Taunton Travelodge and then the Tewkesbury Travelodge on the day after the festival (gives us time to get over the hangover before the long drive back

Taunton is good as it brings you into the festival site from the west (usually quieter) and also there is a decent pub called the Hankridge Arms that sells good food and booze for the night before

• 2 weeks later...

Get pissed and kip in the car in the car park.

The atmosphere is great and the camaraderie between you and your fellow car parkees / Glasto goers is great.

Plus you can get on the site early on Wednesday.

Plus the England game is on the radio at midnight; i'm assuming you'd want England to lose, which might be a nice bonus for you!!!

Booked the Glastonbury premier inn last night. Very surprised it had a room left! Was booked up on ticket day so we went for the bridgewater one but cancelled it yesterday.

Stayed in the bridgewater premier inn in 2011, which was ok but last year was amazing staying in the Glastonbury one I mentioned above, barely stopped while driving from the hotel to the site on Wednesday morning, was amazed as we expected to queue for a couple of hours at least. Hotel's new so really nice as well.

The only issue was we got there at like 11.30pm so didn't get loads of sleep.

So Today we agreed to take Tuesday off and drive down late morning, spend the day actually in the town which we've never done before, get a proper dinner (again doesn't happen usually) and then get a proper sleep. It will be amazing, I'm actually very excited for that day and feeling fresh on the Wednesday morning.

Edited by efcfanwirral