Big announcement on 6 music tues breakfast show

matt2007

6 Music are based in Manchester, are they not? Therefore all their live shows are 'live from Manchester'.

Gideon Coe has New Order in concert at 9pm that day. Though I can think of no reason why it would be a New Order related announcement, I might go with it as my prediction.

They could be headlining Latitude. Best of both worlds.

to learn about the cave men and such

Calm down

to learn about the cave men and such

Aha! In one of our many splendid museums? Just a small slice of Manchester's rich cultuaral palette, unparalleled in Merseyside.

I can only say nice things about this place if somebody from Liverpool, or worse, the south, is getting at it. Like I can only ever defend my brother if somebody else calls him a dick, the rest of the time I'm calling him a dick.

If you listen to the teaser promo the station is running, you'll understand why i think its nothing to do with Latitude. The stand out noise in the quick collage is a football crowd

As I said I could be wrong, but would be surprised one of Latitudes partners, who for the 2013 announcement and the first one for 2014 had a live on air announcement, would be making a big music announcement about something else that would steal Latitudes thunder and press on the day Latitude also make an announcement. If so, not very well organised!

Edited by jamesrfisher

None of this makes any sense. It's going to be something tiny isn't it?

Any Oasis reunion will be massive and overblown when it does happen, and I can't imagine that will involve 6Music directly. And I don't see why they'd put an advert up for something to do with Latitude in the middle of fecking Manchester.

Has to be a small music festival they're running in Manchester or something.

Haha just seen Oasis at Latitude suggestion :P

As I said I could be wrong, but would be surprised one of Latitudes partners, who for the 2013 announcement and the first one for 2014 had a live on air announcement, would be making a big music announcement about something else that would steal Latitudes thunder and press on the day Latitude also make an announcement. If so, not very well organised!

If this wasn't the BBC I'd agree with you. 6 Music has no commercial obligation to Latitude and I imagine that festival is simply grateful for their presence.

Any BBC announcements on behalf of other organizations essentially have to be packaged as news. It can't be seen to be explicitly promoting the festival/ticket sales which putting a billboard up to trail an announcement for a festival may be seen as doing

Edited by Alcatraz

Here's the bit mentioning 6music........

Hello,

First of all we have exciting instore news for the week ahead: On Tuesday 21st Piccadilly Records shop will play host to BBC Radio 6 Music who will be broadcasting live between 10am and 4pm! I know, how good is that?! We're all thrilled, obviously. 6 Music are keeping things a bit under wraps, but listen out for some very BIG announcements and special guests on the day. Sounds good, huh?

Here's the bit mentioning 6music........

Hello,

First of all we have exciting instore news for the week ahead: On Tuesday 21st Piccadilly Records shop will play host to BBC Radio 6 Music who will be broadcasting live between 10am and 4pm! I know, how good is that?! We're all thrilled, obviously. 6 Music are keeping things a bit under wraps, but listen out for some very BIG announcements and special guests on the day. Sounds good, huh?

OK - I hold my hand up as I have never listened to BBC Radio 6 Music so don't have a clue what it is but from your quote I see no mention at all about Glastonbury.
So am I missing something ?
Has BBC Radio 6 Music a track record of making accurate announcements with regards Glastonbury in the past ?
I am not bothered either way as I will be attending anyway but I have one of my team mates over from Iceland in London just now and he is cutting short a Round the World 8 week trip and will be flying back from New Zealand early just so he can volunteer at Glastonbury { mad I know but he is very keen } so it would be great to tell him face to face at least a few names before he gets on his plane back to Reykjavík tomorrow .