Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

Seemed to be forgetting Elbow...

Elbow are doing the Coldplay/ Radiohead thing which is, as Eavis has said before they have a couple of bands who are friends of Eavis who are prepared to wait a bit and if it's not filled with a huge act like The Stones/ Prince they fill it..

Therefore Saturday Pyramid will be Elbow unless they get Prince/ Led Zeppelin (not going to happen), etc late booking...

Edited by danbailey80

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prince is surely the Sunday headliner at West Holts, as

a) that's where the funky people are

B ) it will reduce overcrowding at the Pyramid for Kasabian

c) its handy for a nip up to Shangri La for the 2am after show party

Makes perfect sense

Edited by Buff124

Seemed to be forgetting Elbow...

Elbow are doing the Coldplay/ Radiohead thing which is, as Eavis has said before they have a couple of bands who are friends of Eavis who are prepared to wait a bit and if it's not filled with a huge act like The Stones/ Prince they fill it..

Therefore Saturday Pyramid will be Elbow unless they get Prince/ Led Zeppelin (not going to happen), etc late booking...

Of course Metallica would headline Pyramid. They're bigger draws than AF or Kasabian for starters.

Looks like they're Sonisphere exclusives though.

I'm with others here in that Saturday headliner needs to be something that's not solely indie/alt rock. It would be a horribly drab line up if that slot got filled by Elbow or FM or KoL or someone like that.

My money would be on a big solo artist - Prince, Kanye, Gaga. If that's right then I just hope to god it's Prince.

I think she just said that Arcade Fire were hinted at, rather than they were hinting at Prince playing (she must have missed AF's confirmation?). I listen to 6music every day at work and it seems to me that they have been playing more Prince than usual recently so maybe someone knows something more than they're letting on? Fingers crossed!

Edited by 5co77ie