Prince, Metallica and Outkast confirmed for Glastonbury 2014 Festival today?

Guest StoneCircle

I wonder if Neil has heard any info regarding the 3 and that's why all 3 are now rumors on this site, or if that tweet is that led to the rumors

Prince has been rumoured here for months, and Metallica has been rumoured here since a couple of days after xmas.

(both have been updated today, to make them Saturday. Saturday is the only day I'm not 100% about the headliner for, so is the only day they could playing if they're playing).

Outcast has been added off the back of that gigwise article, as Outcast are now being rumoured to play (I declined to add them in the last day or two on the basis of just a guess).

If both Prince and Metallica are playing, they are not both Pyramid Stage headliners.

Is Prince playing? He was pencilled in as Sunday's headliner, and he's defo not headlining Sunday.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

& what you have to remember is that Metallica have been a headline act at every festival they've played at worldwide for about 20 years. Fair enough they made a special allowance in 2003 & did a secret slot at Download, but that's because they have history with Donington Park, I can't remember them ever playing anything less than a headline slot at any of festival...

So why exactly would they make a special allowance to play the second stage at Glastonbury? It wouldn't be a huge pay day, they don't need the exposure from the tv coverage & they really have nothing to gain. Add to that the fact that it could jeopardise sales for their EXCLUSIVE Sonisphere appearance (a festival they're not only headlining but also have business investments in) & there really is no way that it was ever realistically going to happen.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Prince is a law unto himself. He always has been, he always will be. Anybody who has followed his career knows that.

If he wants to play Glastonbury he'll approach them & offer to do it. His negative comments about the festival in the past & the fact that he chose to do Hop Farm in 2011 over Glastonbury suggests to me that he has no real interest in playing. Now that doesn't mean the people around Prince aren't eager for him to do it & attempting to negotiate a deal (as they did in 2011), but as I said the guy is a law unto himself & notoriously stubborn/unpredictable.

Also, I almost pissed myself at the prospect of Eavis asking Prince to move in order to accommodate Kasabian.

& what you have to remember is that Metallica have been a headline act at every festival they've played at worldwide for about 20 years. Fair enough they made a special allowance in 2003 & did a secret slot at Download, but that's because they have history with Donington Park, I can't remember them ever playing anything less than a headline slot at any of festival...

So why exactly would they make a special allowance to play the second stage at Glastonbury? It wouldn't be a huge pay day, they don't need the exposure from the tv coverage & they really have nothing to gain. Add to that the fact that it could jeopardise sales for their EXCLUSIVE Sonisphere appearance (a festival they're not only headlining but also have business investments in) & there really is no way that it was ever realistically going to happen.

I'd be happy if *either* Prince or Kanye West headline Pyramid on Saturday with Metallica on Other for Sunday.

I'm fairly sure I'll be pleased with Saturday's headliner (unless it's Elbow) and Arcade Fire are solid enough for Friday so I'm just looking for a Kasabian alternative. If the Kasabian crowd are split between Pyramid and the football on Sunday night, the atmosphere for Metallica on Other could be fucking legendary.

I'd be happy if *either* Prince or Kanye West headline Pyramid on Saturday with Metallica on Other for Sunday.

I'm fairly sure I'll be pleased with Saturday's headliner (unless it's Elbow) and Arcade Fire are solid enough for Friday so I'm just looking for a Kasabian alternative. If the Kasabian crowd are split between Pyramid and the football on Sunday night, the atmosphere for Metallica on Other could be fucking legendary.