Something Else In The Dean

Perks

Anyone going / been? Really fancy this festival this year, looks super sexy

http://somethingelseinthedean.co.uk/

3 Fests this year

Something Else Somewhere Else - Essex 16th - 18th May

Something Else A Bit North - Somehwere near Wrexham 1st - 3rd August

Something Else in the Dean - Forest of Dean - 26th - 28th September

This just sounds perfect to me and Fercious Dog are playing. Not to mention 3 Daft Monkeys and Inner Terrestrials. BADASS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone going / been? Really fancy this festival this year, looks super sexy

http://somethingelseinthedean.co.uk/

3 Fests this year

Something Else Somewhere Else - Essex 16th - 18th May

Something Else A Bit North - Somehwere near Wrexham 1st - 3rd August

Something Else in the Dean - Forest of Dean - 26th - 28th September

This just sounds perfect to me and Fercious Dog are playing. Not to mention 3 Daft Monkeys and Inner Terrestrials. BADASS

Thanks for posting, as I had no idea of it's existence before you had. I have just bought two tickets for it. Should be a lovely little event to end the festival season with.

Edited to say - apologies to efests. Just realised that I didn't go through this site to buy my tickets.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

I went to Something Else In The Dean in 2013. Reminded me of the first "side of a pub" Bearded Theory, size, vibe, etc.

Superb local ales, including a couple of "proper strength" ones, and I would expect the cider was of a similar quality, and good value pricing.

One word of warning, Gail has a strict capacity and has no intention of growing any bigger. Make no mistake, tickets will sell out, so if you want to check these great little gatherings out, don't hang around!

I went to Something Else In The Dean in 2013. Reminded me of the first "side of a pub" Bearded Theory, size, vibe, etc.

Superb local ales, including a couple of "proper strength" ones, and I would expect the cider was of a similar quality, and good value pricing.

One word of warning, Gail has a strict capacity and has no intention of growing any bigger. Make no mistake, tickets will sell out, so if you want to check these great little gatherings out, don't hang around!

Yeah first I heard about it was via the tea tent at Bearded, but never got round to going. Am well up for it this year, so will be getting tickets as soon as, looks a really cool little fest, thanks for the advice

Great work Perks.. See you in the Forest of Dean?

For sure...

Im toying with Something Else in the North this time. Need to make decisions sooner or later!

Yeah I was thinking of the North one, but me pal can't make that one, so going for the last one, in the dean. Have you been before?

Yeah I was thinking of the North one, but me pal can't make that one, so going for the last one, in the dean. Have you been before?

Nope, the regular one got recommend by a chap I met at Bearded Theory 2012 (and a few others since!) This one isnt a million miles away and has two acts that Ive paid lots of money to travel and see before now so reckon £30 is a bargain!

Think it might mean two in two weekends though - not sure I can take that level of abuse!

Edited by stuwilky

Hey hey..we've announced some of each of the line-ups for our three wee gatherings and tickets aren't going to be around for long!

First up is Something Else Somewhere Else -

TARANTISM - LEATHERAT - FEROCIOUS DOG - HEADJAM - ATTILA THE STOCKBROKER - TWO MAN TING - DEFERRED SUCESS - FIREPIT COLLECTIVE - ABDOUJAPAROV - THE SKRAELINGS - BABAR LUCK - HOBO JONES & THE JUNKYARD DOGS - NEW GROOVE FORMATION - KILNABOY - GHOSTS OF MEN - ONE EYED GOD - QUERCUS BURLESQUE - DEVIANT AMPS - FLUTATIOUS - PYRATES! - OUTCAST BAND - DAN DONNELLY - GAZ BROOKFIELD - JAMIE CLARKE'S PERFECT - STEVIE ONE BLOKE ONE MANDOLIN - JUST ALEX - JAMES 'BAR' BOWEN - FUNKE AND THE TWO TONE BABY - DEVIL'S PREFECTS - MAELOR - STAR BOTHERERS - NED THE KIDS DYLAN - WILL HARPER - SKEG - MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES

and then Something Else a bit North -

INNER TERRESTRIALS - 3 DAFT MONKEYS - AOS3 - FEROCIOUS DOG - ONE EYED GOD - FIREPIT COLLECTIVE - TWO MAN TING - DOOZER McDOOZE - LEATHERAT (ACOUSTIC) - KILNABOY - GLOWPEOPLE - SKEWWHIFF - SHOOTIN' THE CROW - SWEETCHUNKS BAND - THE BAR STEWARD SONS OF VAL DOONICAN - FUNKE AND THE TWO TONE BABY - GAZ BROOKFIELD - UKAS DRINKWATER - EMILY HOWARD - MUSAIC - STAR BOTHERERS - BRAD DEAR - BLIND FEVER BAND - PRESSURE DROP - ASH VICTIM - MEXICAN PISS BATH - MUDDY SUMMERS AND THE DIRTY FIELD WHORES - THE REV P DREAD & MS. SOMETHING-ELSE

and Something Else in the Dean -

BACK TO THE PLANET - LEATHERAT - AOS3 - FIREPIT COLLECTIVE - SPANNER - DOOZER McDOOZE - KILNABOY - HATTIE HATSTAR - TARANTISM ACOUSTIC - ONE EYED GOD - FLOG THE BASS - SHOOTIN' THE CROW - SKEWWHIFF - TIM O-T - BEMIS - THINKER - STEVIE ONE BLOKE ONE MANDOLIN - ASH MANDRAKE - POOR OLD DOGS - NOISE AGENTS - WHO KILLED THE BEAR? - PURE EVIL - DYNAMITE PUSSY CLUB - SKEG

More coming soon!

Gail xx

• 6 months later...

Hi all!

We have two tickets available for Something Else A Bit North 2014 this weekend, if anyone is interested. Sadly, we can no longer attend due to a very sick campervan :( Will accept £20 each - or make me an offer.

Please PM me if you are interested - thanks!

Hi all!

We have two tickets available for Something Else A Bit North 2014 this weekend, if anyone is interested. Sadly, we can no longer attend due to a very sick campervan :( Will accept £20 each - or make me an offer.

Please PM me if you are interested - thanks!

Good luck with selling the tickets, and hope your camper van gets better soon. :)

Good luck with selling the tickets, and hope your camper van gets better soon. :)

Thank you! Her engine needs a complete overhaul, apparently :( Will be getting her towed to the garage on Friday morning instead of driving to the festie ......

• 4 weeks later...

Just been looking on the website and I really wish I was, looks great.

Same here - shame it's sold out ... (for us without tickets, that is, obviously not for the organisers ...)