Pinkpop 2014

Guest 5co77ie

I see that usually the concerts finish at about midnight, is there some afterparty maybe at the campsite (or some place for drink the last beer with some music)?

I see also on the wikipedia page of pinkpop that this year there is a fourth stage, does anybody know something about?

Last question: the line up isn't complete, what kind of bands/music/artists can be announced?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Bit of a long shot but the other half is after getiing a week off unexpectedly so checked around Europe and it's the same week that Pinkpop is on in Holland. Problem is weekend tickets are long sold out so if anyone knows of anywhere we might be able to get sorted or of any equivilant forums where they might be available then I'd really appreciate if you could post here or fire off a PM to me.

Thanks!!

Good evening, first time poster, long time listener.

Booked my flight for this this week (£45 return, couldn't resist), and find out in the next week or so if I have a ticket or not. Flying over, and get into Eindhoven at around 9:30am.

Having never done the festival before, and not done a European one since 2009, just wondering if someone who has done the festival before has any advice they'd like to give?

What's the festival like? What's the local area like for things like tents/sleeping equipment etc? How easy is transport to and from the festival site to Eindhoven? My flight leaves Tuesday morning at about 8am. Would you recommend pre-booking train tickets, or will it not affect price too much?

Thanks for any help and recommendations anyone can provide.

Not really any special advice to give, other than just to enjoy yourself. Maybe something that's worth doing, if there's a gap between bands you want to see, is to hike up to the top of the hill next to the Pinkpop arena, for a birdseye view of the festival.

The festival itself is a pretty relaxed festival. The Dutch are pretty well behaved and most will be relatively sober - unlike festival goers at UK festivals! The festival site is pretty small, so easy to get from stage to stage.

The festival is in a pretty small town, Landgraaf (where I live). The only place that I can think of locally that may sell tents or sleeping equipment is a really big warehouse type place, called Van Cranenbroek, which is only about a 5 minute walk away from the campsites and arena. I'm not 100% certain that they sell camping stuff, but they sell loads of outdoors stuff, so I'd be surprised if they didn't. Failing that, you'd probably have to hop onto a train to the nearest city, Heerlen, which is only a 5 minute train ride away. I'm sure there'd be camping shops there.

I travel to Eindhoven airport quite regularly, for trips back to the UK. I tend to use the train to get there. You need to get a bus from Eindhoven airport to Eindhoven train station. They run very regularly, about every 5 minutes, cost 3.50 Euros, if I remember rightly, and take about 20 - 30 minutes. From Eindhoven, you can get a train to Heerlen (I think they run every half an hour or so) and then change at Heerlen for a train to Landgraaf. If you plan to do the journey in reverse on the way home, I would recommend buying a return train ticket at Eindhoven train station, as there is no ticket booth at Landgraaf station, so may save you a bit of hassle on your journey home.

You might have problems with a flight at 8am, out of Eindhoven. I think you may struggle to get a train that will get you into Eindhoven earlier enough, bearing in mind that you have a half hour bus ride from station to airport. You can get a taxi from the station, which will take about 10-15 minutes. I've done that once but it cost me the best part of 30 Euros!

If you have a smart phone, I recommend downloading the app 'Reisplanner'. It's the Dutch railways app and is really handy if you need to plan train journeys. It's pretty much all in English too, which is very helpful!

Thanks for the reply Davey.

When I went to Groezrock I remember it being much, much more relaxed which I've heard a lot about European festivals. Not as many singalongs etc.

If I have to get a bus from Eindhoven airport to the train station, I reckon best bet would be to get my festival necessities from there. Especially to make sure prices aren't hiked up nearer the festival.

That Reisplanner app is very helpful, so thanks for that. Looks like I'd be better travelling to Eindhoven on the last train at half 11, as opposed to getting the 6am train and probably missing my flight. Especially as Ryanair insist that you have to be in the airport at least an hour before takeoff.

Thanks again for your help. If you have any more advice, I'd be happy to hear it.

Hi all,

Me and a couple of friends are driving over from England to the festival, I have a few questions you guys might be able to help with...

Does anyone know how much parking will cost for the duration of the festival?

How relaxed are the security? e.g. will we be allowed to go back to the car and bring more booze in to the campsite?

Does much happen after the final act of the day has played..- afterparties? Dance tents? etc?

How relaxed is the festival regarding cannabis? At UK festivals you can smell it everywhere you go, is it like this at Pinkpop or more strict?

Thanks to anyone who can answer anything.

I got my pass confirmed for this last week, so definitely going now and finalising plans, so got another question for those who have been before.

I'm looking to pay for my travel on that side prior to leaving the UK. The Pinkpop website recommends the "Pinkpop Return" which gets you travel to/from Eindhoven including trains and shuttle buses, and is around about 32 Euros. However, when I go to buy it, you can only purchase it if you have a Dutch bank account. I know train fares are held and I'm not going to be shafted on price when I get to Eindhoven to buy my tickets in person, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommnedations on how to purchase the special return in advance, as it reads like it's an online offer only. I've found a Belgium website where I can purchase Dutch rail tickets, but it doesn't offer the Pinkpop Return ticket bundle.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, I'll be very happy to hear them.

Hi all,

Me and a couple of friends are driving over from England to the festival, I have a few questions you guys might be able to help with...

Does anyone know how much parking will cost for the duration of the festival?

How relaxed are the security? e.g. will we be allowed to go back to the car and bring more booze in to the campsite?

Does much happen after the final act of the day has played..- afterparties? Dance tents? etc?

How relaxed is the festival regarding cannabis? At UK festivals you can smell it everywhere you go, is it like this at Pinkpop or more strict?

Thanks to anyone who can answer anything.

From what I'm picking up on Twitter, a very bad storm has hit the site and the festival has been brought to a halt. All the reports are in Dutch but I don't think it's been cancelled. If any locals can translate or pass on accurate info it would be most appreciated?

Hope everyone is ok and gets home safe.

From what I'm picking up on Twitter, a very bad storm has hit the site and the festival has been brought to a halt. All the reports are in Dutch but I don't think it's been cancelled. If any locals can translate or pass on accurate info it would be most appreciated?

Hope everyone is ok and gets home safe.

I only had a day ticket for Sunday, so was sheltered in my flat about 10 minutes walk from the festival site, when the storm hit last night. I have genuinely never seen anything like it. Thick grey clouds came rolling in, which turned the most sickening shade of green and then it was pretty much continuous lightening flashes and torrential rain for well over an hour. I feel for anyone who was stuck out in that. There was more thunderstorms, although nowhere near as bad, at about 3am this morning too. I imagine camping was pretty miserable last night!

I did film the sky, on my phone, but not sure if I can post videos on here...

I only had a day ticket for Sunday, so was sheltered in my flat about 10 minutes walk from the festival site, when the storm hit last night. I have genuinely never seen anything like it. Thick grey clouds came rolling in, which turned the most sickening shade of green and then it was pretty much continuous lightening flashes and torrential rain for well over an hour. I feel for anyone who was stuck out in that. There was more thunderstorms, although nowhere near as bad, at about 3am this morning too. I imagine camping was pretty miserable last night!