Pinkpop 2014

Guest 5co77ie

Heerlen is probably best for direct access, as they run regular, direct trains from Heerlen to Landgraaf (where Pinkpop is) which only take a few minutes.

Maastricht would probably give you more choice of hotels (and is a significantly nicer city than Heerlen, if you stay for a bit of site-seeing), but getting the train to Landgraaf, you'd have to change at Heerlen anyway.

Aachen is probably a bit further but I believe there is direct trains from Aachen to Landgraaf. It's quite a nice city, but it is Germany, so you're less likely to to find English speakers, if you have any trouble figuring out where you're going, which may or may not be an issue for you.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite pleased with it. There's a fair bit of stuff that I don't know or don't like, but there's enough that I do like, spread over all three days, to make it worthwhile. And I think the three headliners are all strong. I'll definitely be trying to get a ticket. Weekend tickets don't normally sell out all that fast, but I've no idea what having someone like the Stones as a headliner will do to ticket sales. I can see a lot of Stones fans purely buying tickets just to see the Stones. Fingers crossed.

Mike46, I reckon you might struggle. I can't remember what time the headliners normally finish, but it's between 11pm and 12am. There's a really good Dutch train timetable app called 'Reisplanner'. According to that, the last train out of Landgraaf would be at 23:36 (It'll take you roughly 15 minutes to walk from the Pinkpop arena exit to Landgraaf station). Looks like you'd have to change trains a few times and you'd get into Amsterdam at 03:42.

Mike, look like you're right with the stage times. Just found this link which has stage times from last year and shows them finishing at 10:30pm. http://www.festivalinfo.nl/timetable/14792/3/Pinkpop/2013/ I seem to remember it finishing later but, to be fair, my memory might be a bit hazy from the beer!

Can't help with the coach I'm afraid. I live local, so have never used them.

I don't know much about the campsites, other than where they are, I'm afraid. There's one right next to the arena and then a couple of others about a 10 or 15 minute walk from the arena. I think, in previous years, they open on the morning of the first day. There's normally people queued up down the road from the entrance to the nearest campsite and they spend the night out on the street, before they open the site, so they can get a good spot!