Pinkpop 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my local festival, I live about 10 minutes walk from the site, and have been the last two years, since I moved to the Netherlands. I'll probably go again, as it seems rude not to! That said, I already have tickets for Sziget and Benicassim, for 2014, so I'm hoping there isn't too much overlap with the same bands on the bill.

• 3 weeks later...

There's an article in the Dutch press saying that Robert Plant's website is showing him playing a date in Landgraaf (the town where Pinkpop is held) during the weekend of Pinkpop. There is nowhere else in Landgraaf to play, other than Pinkpop, so I think it can be safely assumed that he'll be playing there.

Edit: now confirmed on the Pinkpop website.

Edited by DaveyGravy

Editors are pretty big in the Netherlands - bigger than they are in the UK, I would say. They played the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, earlier in the year, which is pretty much the same size as Wembley Arena. That said, I'm not convinced they're headlining, as I think it was said at the time of announcing Arcade Fire and Metallica that they were headliners, but there was no mention of Editors being headliner, in their press announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think they do a big presentation on Amsterdam, with the tickets going on sale the next day. I can't find the info now, for some reason, but sure tickets were going on sale around the 14th or 15th March. The fact that there's been no more news on the thrid headliner makes we wonder if the Rolling Stones rumours are true and they're holding back the big annoucement for when the tickets go on sale.

I'm not sure. It really depends on if these Stones rumours are true. If true, then yes, tickets will sell out very quickly, I would think. If not, then I guess they'll still sell fairly quick but not straight away. I think weekend tickets sold out the last two years but I'm pretty sure there were still day tickets available on the gate. I'm hoping that if the Stones play, they might do some kind of pre-sale for local residents - but I doubt it!

Heerlen is probably best for direct access, as they run regular, direct trains from Heerlen to Landgraaf (where Pinkpop is) which only take a few minutes.

Maastricht would probably give you more choice of hotels (and is a significantly nicer city than Heerlen, if you stay for a bit of site-seeing), but getting the train to Landgraaf, you'd have to change at Heerlen anyway.

Aachen is probably a bit further but I believe there is direct trains from Aachen to Landgraaf. It's quite a nice city, but it is Germany, so you're less likely to to find English speakers, if you have any trouble figuring out where you're going, which may or may not be an issue for you.