What albums are you looking forward to in 2014?

plaskins

The Cure.

i'm excited for this but find it weird that it was written / recorded at the same time as their last album (which was supposed to be a double album) so is essentially the songs that weren't deemed good enough last time round (although i know Robert Smith regrets not releasing it as a double album so maybe he's realising how good it is now.. i hope)

that seems to be the general opinion i've seen from most people. it's just a quite generic Klaxons song tbh - serves well as a single. i'm sure the album will have some weirder / better moments

To be fair the last interview I read from them is 'we're learning to play electronic music for the new album' and by golly does it show on this song. I do wan't to jump on the Klaxons train again, seeing as Golden Skans made up a huge part of my late teens, but I got a feeling it's going to be amateur hour.

It's my favourite song from the new album as well; though i like most of the rest as well. Their debut album is a modern classic in my eyes.

i really loved the first two singles from the first album (Winter Beats and Hearts) but didn't give the album much time. gonna re-download it now n give it a spin

• 2 weeks later...

Avey Tares Slasher Flicks on the strength of 'Little Fang'

I stupidly started another thread as opposed to doing the right thing by posting it here xD

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/182995-avey-tares-slasher-flicks/

Here ist thread anyways, I was disappointed with Centepiede Hrtz and Avey Tares solo album but this new band of his sound pretty great.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

St. Vincent's new album leaked yesterday. just given it a listen and it's amazing! i seem to recall that she might be busy over Glastonbury weekend (?) but if not i'd love to see her there

She's going back stateside the week before Glastonbury from a quick European festival tour but no dates booked for Glastonbury weekend as of yet. So it's a possibility but unlikely.

Avey Tares Slasher Flicks on the strength of 'Little Fang'

I stupidly started another thread as opposed to doing the right thing by posting it here xD

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/182995-avey-tares-slasher-flicks/

Here ist thread anyways, I was disappointed with Centepiede Hrtz and Avey Tares solo album but this new band of his sound pretty great.

This is great! And they're around the UK in June so doesn't seem too much a stretch.

St. Vincent's new album leaked yesterday. just given it a listen and it's amazing! i seem to recall that she might be busy over Glastonbury weekend (?) but if not i'd love to see her there

Thanks for the heads up! Was just listening to Marry Me and Strange Mercy this morning to get me excited for when I go to see her play Manchester Cathedral on Friday, which will definitely be one to remember.

Was reading a few reviews today and they all said it's incredible. Cheers for the heads up, will listen to it later!

Wild Beasts' album is definitely worth a listen too