here's your headliners

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not fussed either way about the Eagles, but are they really so unpopular that it would prevent the festival selling out?

A woman I work with was saying how she was having a tough time trying to get tickets for their Glasgow show(s) which I took to mean they must still be pretty popular as a live act. Mind you maybe a lot of people who'd see them at an arena wouldn't dream of attending a festival though.

it won't have people scrambling over each other for tickets like last year, but Glastonbury has become such a monster in the last few years that three absolutely awful headliners still wouldn't prevent it from selling out in a matter of hours

The Eagles are still a HUGE act. maybe not for the typical festival crowd, but their being at the festival is hardly going to put off people from going

have I missed something...? isn't the festival already sold out?

People buy the deposit tickets just because they can, and will decide if they're going when the time comes to pay up.

If the headliners aren't so appealing to people, then people are less likely to pay up their their tickets than would if the headliners were (say) The Rolling Stones x 3.

That's the only headlner I want to see but I'm not writing the year off.

Although, I can see the point that there are gonna be many that criticise the line up with expectations seemingly through the roof after last year with people's 'WOW Scales' and what-have-you.

Plus, the resales aren't gonna be as heartbreaking as last year, I think the resale tickets will be gone by lunchtime still though.

and people seriously think the few thousand that will be available might not go because of the headliners..???

:sarcastic:

The perceived quality of the headliners will certainly affect how many decide follow thru 9or not) on their ticket purchase when they have to pay the rest in April.

How big that number might be I wouldn't like to guess, but there'll defo be some.

yeah the fact that The Eagles are the 'biggie' this year will definitely have an effect on some people, as they're very much not your typical 'must see' act for people like Stones, Bowie etc were / would be