alt fest 2014

Guest atomised

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 further acts including Sunday headliner to be announced tomorrow afternoon.

I Like the splitting of genres across the side stages and the fact that the main stage finishes at 11 with the other stages running til between midnight and 2 am

I think for the first year it's a very solid looking line up.

Keeping an eye on this one - however, I gotta say that the lineup is leaning a little too heavily towards the goth for my liking at the moment. Will be interesting to see what the next announcements are.

2 further acts including Sunday headliner to be announced tomorrow afternoon.

I Like the splitting of genres across the side stages and the fact that the main stage finishes at 11 with the other stages running til between midnight and 2 am

I think for the first year it's a very solid looking line up.

They have a license for live music until 4am. They should really take advantage of that! Its a massive selling point

2pm is the announcement, I see they're trying to give the impression they have The Cure, I seriously doubt they do, why on earth would they book Arch Enemy to sub the Cure, but loads of people are thinking they have them now. Gunna be disappointed.

EDIT - I see they've said it isn't The Cure in comments, also its not Korn 'not avaliable in August' hmmm Sonisphere then?

OMG some people on their facebook really have no clue, expecting SOAD....

Edited by luckysalt

Hmm, not really much of a surprise, I suppose. The Cult have always had huge goth appeal ...... Shame about Korn, though - that would have been a massive attraction for us.

I don't think they intended to give the impression they had the cure to be honest. For a first year I still reckon they've done pretty well. The other 2 headliners being VNV nation and Manson the cult just about fit. Killing joke and. Fields of the nephilim will shift tickets and the bookings have been based on requests during the initial crowd funding process

It'll be interesting to see how it does, ticket sales wise. I do know that the nephilim have a very devoted older following - from back in the day, I suppose, which could explain the very gothic leaning of some of the requested artists - there are goth bands in the line up that have been going donkeys years - take the marionettes, for example. Sadly, there's not enough interesting stuff there to justify us investing in tickets, as it stands - and I, for one, would rather not relive some of the more cringe worthy musical moments of the 1980s and 90s ;)

I get the impression the biggest difficulty they've had booking wise is in finding suitable acts for the metal stage as the new kid on the block up against download, bloodstock and soni.

In terms of ticket sales they've stated that whilst they have a capacity of 50k their business plan is based on attendance of 10k in the first year which is achievable

Yeah, you could well be right there - what the line up needs is more attention grabbing metal names. As I said before, Korn would have been brilliant - would probably have meant that we'd have gone, at least for a day ticket ....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...