ZooLoos Powder Room

stardustjunkie

We booked wristbands to use the facilities of the ZooLoos Powder room. (just the showers etc, not the camping).

http://www.zooloos.co.uk/glastonbury-2/

Has anyone used them before?

Now before anyone goes on at me about roughing it, I've done 3 Glastonbury's just fine without showers. I was also a girl Guide and a Guide leader, I've camped under two sticks and a ground sheet in a field with my head outside and a cow nearby before (I was about 14 at the time). I'm not afraid of camping or anything like that.

However in 2014 I'll be going with my boyfriend, I usually go with friends.. I thought it would be a bit more pleasant if we were cleaner haha. That's probably me being a bit OCD with cleanliness (I have to wash my hands after I collect glasses at the pub I work at etc, it's not obsessive but it does bug me). I wont be bothered about straightening and drying my hair in favour of missing something, I usually have my hair tied up at Glasto anyway so it doesn't bother me what it looks like. It's pretty much just for the shower facilities.

So what are your experiences with these private facilities at Glasto? Would you do it? My boyfriend has paid for this, although I should probably offer to pay my share but he has more money than me so he can wait :girlhaha:

To my understanding it'll be near Bushy Ground which is my favourite campsite so I'm not bothered about the distance either.

Edited by stardustjunkie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, it's just a glorified shower really, but hey, I like to be clean :D And it's a one off, normally I rough it haha.

As for the noise... :P I know how awkward it is when you're trying to sleep and the neighbours are going at it. We hadn't even met the neighbours at this point, but it sure was awkward in the morning when they emerged from their tent and we were sat outside ours!

I think it was awkward for both of us. It was a quiet night and my friend burst in to a fit of giggles over it. I considered applauding them once they had finished. I tried covering my head with my hoody and everything, I could not block out the noise. Seeing them in the morning, I think they realised we heard it all, making it awkward for both of us.

5 minute walk from Pedestrian gate D could end up being some distance!

I ended up showering my head each day with a collapsable water bottle full of sun-warmed water and a bit of shower gel. Just that plus a bit of baby wipe/flannel around the crevices made me feel a hell of a lot cleaner for very little effort/cost.

5 minute walk from Pedestrian gate D could end up being some distance!

I ended up showering my head each day with a collapsable water bottle full of sun-warmed water and a bit of shower gel. Just that plus a bit of baby wipe/flannel around the crevices made me feel a hell of a lot cleaner for very little effort/cost.

Yes, that's what I usually do. Works for me. Just a special treat this year.. I don't mind the walk. You'd be silly to go to Glastonbury if you hated walking haha.

• 4 months later...

No The ZooLoos Powder Room is amazing and it's going to be even better this year. It's not just the hot showers or the clean toilets. They have a bar serving breakfast, hair & Make up girls and massage parlours. It's a complete chill out area.

It's also the cheapest boutique camping field you will find offering the best facilities.

No The ZooLoos Powder Room is amazing and it's going to be even better this year. It's not just the hot showers or the clean toilets. They have a bar serving breakfast, hair & Make up girls and massage parlours. It's a complete chill out area.

It's also the cheapest boutique camping field you will find offering the best facilities.

2 Questions

1) Is the Breakfast full english?

2)Do the masage parlours include "Happy Ending" ?

Ooh old topic come back up.

Well the boyfriend and I broke up, but I've still got my wristband if I want it (still haven't paid for it! ). Whether I actually bother going or not will be decided while I'm there. I might be tempted to go and have a shower on the Thursday, or maybe early Friday morning, but I think that'll be about all I'll do.

I'm suspecting you may have some sort of connection with ZooLoos, no?

I've booked a bell tent with ZooLoos, getting there on Thursday and can't be doing with the hassle of finding a decent camping spot (the added extras are a very nice bonus). Did my research and seemed the best value for what you get.

Am in no way connected to them promise!

Said the business development manager

Edited by sprigpod

Have to admit, I'd be interested to see how much the massages cost because I have an old whiplash injury that can really bring me down if it gets irritated. That'd be one for Wednesday though, not wasting precious Glastonbury time any other day!

We always go for a massage in the Healing Fields on Thursday - and sometimes Sunday too! They're lovely and you pay a donation. We usually give about £20 for 20 minutes-half an hour. Never miss it.