Outkast

100borrowedfilms

Glastonbury really need to sort out their bookings, missing out on huge names every year now. Hope they pull something out the hat, so they even look at these boards to see what people want to see ?

hmmm you sure about that? You mean acts you want to see - don't they see your personal wishlist?

Yeah some of us would like to listen to more current music... Not everyone likes classic rockers

Only Arcade Fire have been officially announced so far. One of the biggest bands around right now.

The official moaning about the full line up on here doesn't start for another couple of months.

Glastonbury really need to sort out their bookings, missing out on huge names every year now. Hope they pull something out the hat, so they even look at these boards to see what people want to see ?

I'm sure Glastonbury HQ, who have been running the festival for over 50 years and booked most of the biggest names in musical history, current and past, pay great interest to the wishlist of an internet forum who would probably struggle to run a bath amongst themselves.

Looking at the facts, its fairly likely Outkast are getting their payday for Wireless and decided to do Bestival because they're headlining, neither of which Glastonbury can offer. The thing which Glastonbury can offer, exposure, isn't really important considering their reunion has already been massive press news, and they're playing everywhere including my back garden.

(I'm also struggling to see in what way Outkast fit the modern tag when they have been around for 15ish years.)

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

I'm sure Glastonbury HQ, who have been running the festival for over 50 years and booked most of the biggest names in musical history, current and past, pay great interest to the wishlist of an internet forum who would probably struggle to run a bath amongst themselves.

Nobody complained about the 1964 headliners. That was a great year.

Hmmm I don't like v, I just want one band on the main stage to get excited about, third year now and there's been no one yet for me... And arcade fire aren't very exciting too!

That has happened to all of us. You can't whinge they dont have current bands though, Arcade Fire and Kasabian are headlining. And they have a whole stage dedicated to new bands.

For the record, I have seen maybe 1-2 headliners at Glasto the last 4 years. It's a blessing in disguise as far as im concerned.

Hmmm I don't like v, I just want one band on the main stage to get excited about, third year now and there's been no one yet for me... And arcade fire aren't very exciting too!

I've been going to Glastonbury for 28 years, and in all that time there's perhaps been a handful of headliners that I've wanted to see.

Does it matter? Not a jot. :)

Looking at the facts, its fairly likely Outkast are getting their payday for Wireless and decided to do Bestival because they're headlining, neither of which Glastonbury can offer. The thing which Glastonbury can offer, exposure, isn't really important considering their reunion has already been massive press news, and they're playing everywhere including my back garden.

(I'm also struggling to see in what way Outkast fit the modern tag when they have been around for 15ish years.)

Absolutely right, what Bestival and Wireless can offer them is probably more important to them than what Glastonbury can. They fit Bestival's MO pretty well so I guess they made a pretty hard play for them and Wireless will throw the $$$ at them.

Edited by mrtourette

Its just a bit gutting seeing everyone else's excitement and wanting to be part of it... And kasabian...urgh

I think you're overestimating things a bit. It isn't 'everyone' else's excitement and the 13-page thread you referred to earlier is nothing. It's not as if it's an easily-available act that want to play but they aren't interested in.

Interesting that there's been no one, I thought they catered well enough - Who would like to be booked?

Really? Who exactly have you been hoping for all these years?

Thinking about it I guess there's only the obvious prince and daft punk, although their last album was very poor... Guess I've missed out on all the big ones I like in recent years... Bjork, jay z, blur... Sure they'll get someone I like again sometime! Will just stick to the west holts stage again probably

It's frustrating seeing bands you would have liked to have seen at glastonbury, play elsewhere. However, I don't get why people direct their anger at glastonbury- it's the bands fault for not wanting to play there.

Glastonbury has a great record for having older act perform- that's probably because older acts don't really need the money, and have accomplished most of what they wanted to, so I guess glastonbury is more appealing because it offers something different. Younger acts are probably still just focused on making their money and headlining.

So really, blame the bands who don't play rather than the festival

It's frustrating seeing bands you would have liked to have seen at glastonbury, play elsewhere. However, I don't get why people direct their anger at glastonbury- it's the bands fault for not wanting to play there.

Glastonbury has a great record for having older act perform- that's probably because older acts don't really need the money, and have accomplished most of what they wanted to, so I guess glastonbury is more appealing because it offers something different. Younger acts are probably still just focused on making their money and headlining.

So really, blame the bands who don't play rather than the festival

Or you could blame Glastonbury for relying on it's reputation to bring in the big acts rather than paying the going rate other festivals offer.

There's two ways to look at it, I'm not saying either is necessarily correct/incorrect.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly