West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what an odd pairing

Yeah! It works though. His voice is great.

Also a bit odd given that Bonnie Prince Billy and Dawn McCarthy did something similar - identical, even - at the start of the year.

Haven't heard that is it any good? Would be surprised judging by whos involved.

I think the Plan/Krauss thing a few years back has made this sort of collab a cool thing to do.

Bob Seger. Hearing "Night Moves" on the Sunday night would be incredible. Jonathan Wilson. The man is PERFECT for that stage. Moistboyz. Gillian Welch. And I have to make my now customary annual request for Robert Randolph & The Family Band and of course Bobby Weir and friends/Dark Star Orchestra.

Darkside please. Nicholas Jaar went down well on West Holts in 2011 and the new album is superb. (I have said this before but it bears repeating). Would be perfect for a frazzled Sunday lunchtime.

Definitely agree with this. I find Nicholas Jaar pretty inaccessible but the Darkside album is fantastic.

The wailers would be a decent addition too if they're touring at the mo. Saw them sub-headline in 2005 when it was jazz world, and they were great fun. Granted it'll never be the same as when bob was around, but the music would still be perfect for a sunny afternoon

I've seen them twice at gigs now and it's easy to get over the 'who's songs are these' thing. The singer isn't trying to be a tribute act, and the playing is really tight.

I wanna echo Ted Danson's Wig's call for Antibalas. That'd be really grand