U2

1waveydavey

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw that was my point Thom - about the irony of the show being so centered on Dublin yet we've nowhere to put on the fucking gig.

Tis an odd irony indeed yes, yet if it results in us getting something a little different from the usual U2 101 (and I manage to get a ticket for such) Ill be most happy with that. But as usual if/when tickets go on sale for Dublin they will be gold dust, especially if they announce that the shows will be different, because that will then get the international fan base on it something fierce.

Btw that was my point Thom - about the irony of the show being so centered on Dublin yet we've nowhere to put on the fucking gig.

They can play to Point and drop a lot of the OTT stage stuff. They don't really need it anyway. Whats wrong with playing the songs on a normal stage?

The spider thing ruined the last tour. Couldn't see the band. Just a load of walkways and barriers and mechanical arms and stuff in the way.

Edited by The Nal

Ever since Zoo TV its just what they do. Their modus operandi so to speak. Its probably done out of expectation more than anything these days

Well if its between playing a gig or no gig......

And I know they want to involve the kids from the music charity they run.

Ever since Zoo TV its just what they do. Their modus operandi so to speak. Its probably done out of expectation more than anything these days

Scaling back actually helped the Stones.

Granted, there were certainly other factors at play, but they had the mobile stage and guest stars up the wazoo at Isle of Wight and came off half cocked.

Compare at the G when they came out lean, mean and frippery free and precipitated a mass epidemic of wobbly knees.

• 2 weeks later...

Killers fan, Nal? I've never heard that song. Means fuck all.

Yeah huge Killers fan. Especially the one that gets played by every wedding band before Sex on Fire.

You'd know it if you heard it. No problem with influence. "Everyone nicks it" as Bobby Plant says, but....

From about 55 seconds into this

And about 1.10 in this

Its so similar theres a case for for legal action.

Edited by The Nal

I respect your love for the Killers and your issue with their oeuvre being tarnished.

My own deuce on it is that this Killers song is utter PISH and the U2 one is ace. As Rotten was wont to say... "Next question..."

I respect your love for the Killers and your issue with their oeuvre being tarnished.

My own deuce on it is that this Killers song is utter PISH and the U2 one is ace. As Rotten was wont to say... "Next question..."

Fair enough. My take is that The Killers song is utter pish and so is the U2 one, being so similar.

This however, is great fun

Edited by The Nal