headliners 2014

Guest jelloid

I wouldn't say last year's were brilliant but they're better than this years I suppose. Avenged are a weak headliner but they needed to get the push eventually and personally I think they're quite good.

Linkin Park are a poor headliner even with Hybrid Theory, a useless gimmick considering they play most of the songs in their usual setlists anyway.

Aerosmith I think are the best out of the 3.but I've always wanted to see them so I'm biased.

A7x were always going to headline. They're on a massive high from their album and I'm sure they will put in a brilliant show. As much as Linkin Park's new stuff is atrocious, I will happily watch them as, like many, I was growing up when they released their better stuff. Aerosmith should hopefully close the festival well so overall I'm satisfied as long as the rest of the line up has some strong bands.

I'm really pleased with A7X, it was obvious they were going to headline. It's nice to see them getting the push, especially because I've been a fan for a long time. Linkin Park are a kop out, yeah they're playing HT, but it's an album that just sounds naff when I listen to it now, but I will watch them purely for nostalgia. Aerosmith I'm really pleased with too, they will be a good sing along and a nice way to end the weekend.

A7x I'm not too keen on and will be giving a miss if I go for the weekend unless I'm not a fan of a band on the other stages, but good on them for getting the spot.

Linkin Park is a weird one, LOVED Hybrid growing up but I don't particularly listen to them much anymore. Felt a bit too predictable maybe why I'm underwhelmed with that announcement, will watch them unless there's someone I prefer on another stage.

Aerosmith I'm really chuffed with, always wanted to see them and it's an even bigger bonus that AB are supporting them.

Definitely getting a Sunday ticket but am thinking of a weekend unless the other announcements do nothing for me

Always wanted to see Linkin Park and since they never tour in Scotland I might finally get a chance to see them and playing HT just sweetens the deal, Aerosmith are just a class band and I will watch A7X if better that what is offered for the other stages all in all i'm pretty happy with the headliners, sure they could have been better but for me I am very pleased

Happy with A7X, it was bound to happen and they put on a really good show in 2011. I've heard their arena shows are real hit and miss and they never seem to play an overly long set.

LP is lazy to me, the pool of Download headliners is pretty small compared to R&L, Glastonbury etc. Even with the gimmick of playing Hybrid Theory it's not enough to get me overly excited. Too soon for them to be back.

Aerosmith are not my cup of tea. I can see why people are happy with them but again it almost feels too soon. The only caveat is that they barely tour (if at all) so they're an attraction. Seems they spunked their load on last year's lineup.

The strength in most Download lineups is usually in the undercard anyway. I'll hold out to get a ticket.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about that, though I've never been a big fan of FFDP anyway. The cheers for A7X when they came on for the encore were absolutely deafening so people obviously enjoyed them. The only part I wasn't keen on was the 5 minutes of guitar soloing before the encore (but then I've never really appreciated any band doing that).