OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry & Grimshaw, chill out, this forum is where people have a laugh and discuss optimus. If you want to start playing handbags with each other head over to the Benicassim forum or give each other your fb names so you can talk it out there. peace

Hi, I really Want to go to Optimus but don't have anyone to go with (sad I know) but it's go on my own or not at all :( I would only be able to go for the first day because of other commitments which is fine as the acts I really want to see are on that day, the arctic monkeys, ben howard and the Lumineers :) Does anyone know anyone else going on there own? I was thinking of staying in a hostel and getting a day ticket. I haven't booked anything yet but it would be good to know if there were other people in a similar position to me.

The Facebook account just messaged me today

• Harry Petrovic

any clue on the acts to come? people are getting restless and annoyed can i please have something like initials or something or an act?

• Today
  • 934012_622051551149183_470248192_s.jpg
    Harry Petrovic

come on when are the acts been announced, within the next week? 2 weeks? 3 week? the day before the festival?

• 10268508_10152069432651517_5306524816135
    Optimus Alive

Hello Harry,

We're working hard everyday to provide you with the best live experience and bring you the best line-up. We'll have more announcements soon. Stay tuned.

Best regards, Alexandre Antunes

Edited by HarryP95

I hope all Portuguese people aren't this fucking lazy and complacent or i am going to end up fleeing the Portuguese police to the British embassy because I've offended and had a go at too many of them. I am just going to spam them with questions haha, i think i have found the Alexandre Antunes guy on twitter so he might be like @Jon_RandL of optimus alive so i reckon that guy needs to be probed haha

It is @albanoafredo i don't think we should harass the guy cos he says he knows as much as us, but that is worrying if people who work for optimus don't even know haha

Perhaps he's just responsible for the twitter/fb-page

I no longer have any expectations for the third headliner though… I will be amazed if we get anything bigger than The kooks ….

You would imagine that festival organisers would endeavour to secure their closing headliner before anything else. If there is a lack of suitable/available bands out there then there's not much hope of finding one in 8 weeks :(

Maybe there is no money available to pay one...

I think the three bands that will headline Benicassim will be at Optimus Alive, being one of them the last headliner.

I realise there may not be enough money but I would have thought it would make more sense to secure the closing headliner and worry about money for one of the other headline slots. Nobody wants to close a festival with a less than worthy band surely?

I think it's far more likely that Beni have financial difficulties given their lack of headliners, although that could be down to a lack of organisational skills. Hopefully they'll manage to turn it around else there's going to be a hell of a lot of people unhappy I would imagine.

Just messaged the winners of the competition in which the winner gets to play optimus ,about the last headliner, and one replied... They don't know either but I've asked them to message me if they find out, so we might have a mole on the inside if they agree to tell me anything they know haha

Guys we have a mole!

Ok, we'll let you know the day and the headliner as soon as someone tells us. We're looking forward to know that as well, as we are big fans of some of the bands that are playing Optimus Alive, like Artic Monkeys, for instance. It would be cool to play on the same day as them As for our music, you can download it for free, here: EP: http://fmatilha.bandcamp.com/album/matilha-ep Album: http://fmatilha.bandcamp.com/album/andar-perdido-uma-conversa Click on "buy now" and offer 0 tehn donwload it! Cheers!

then the other act gin part (the other band been Matilha) messaged me this...

Hey Harry! Glad you liked us. You should really tell all your friends (especially the girl friends) how awesome we are and bring them all along to party with us at the Clubbing Stage. It's going to be one hell of a ride, we can promise you that! About the last headliner we definitely know, but we're sworn to secrecy until they actually announce who it is. We're sorry we can't help you with that, but we're sure you'll be surprised in a good way. We look forward to seeing you there! Make sure to bring a large carboard with you and lift it up during our show so we know who you are. Gin Party Soundsystem