OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect some more good acts like QOTSA (last time at Super Bock Super Rock they said that will comeback to Portugal in 2014), NIN, Franz Ferdinand, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, Tool, Manic Street Preachers, Deftones, Placebo, Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington...well sometimes it´s good to dreaming! :)

I expect some more good acts like QOTSA (last time at Super Bock Super Rock they said that will comeback to Portugal in 2014), NIN, Franz Ferdinand, Foo Fighters, Alice in Chains, Tool, Manic Street Preachers, Deftones, Placebo, Stone Temple Pilots w/ Chester Bennington...well sometimes it´s good to dreaming! :)

Yes please.

Anyone been before? Went to BBK last year and loved it but fancied something a bit different. Would like to know what campsite and bungalows are like.

I went this year. apart from the weather that was grim, we had a brilliant time. Festival is really friendly and small compared to Benicassim. We got free cowboy hats, lanyards, scarves!! We stayed in an apartment so can't comment on camping. It was great fun. Could get close the stages too!! Great atmosphere and pretty cheap in Lisbon. Would love to go again.

Hi everyone,

1st post on this forum but I've been on here in the past, especially the international forums, and it's been a great help in booking things up for summer festivals!

This year I've decided to get organised and book up early and was hoping people that had been before could answer a question regarding the bungalows - do I need to purchase a standard 3 day ticket for the festival or a 3 day ticket plus camping if we are going to be staying in the bungalows?

Very happy with the AM's announcement, let's hope the line-up is as solid as last year!

Campsite is alright, though, if you want a bungalow, you'll need to book early. There were plenty of buses going to and from the festival each evening.

Not sure if you need a ticket to book a bungalow - it is the Lisbon municipal campsite, I.e., not just for festival goers.

Definitely returning this year went in 2012 and as everyone has said previously it really is a friendly festival with a laid back atmosphere in a grab location, also Lisbon is a stunning city!

Hopefully going to be heading out for the full week.

Just noticed the festival is running Thursday - Saturday this year.

Was going to go even before knowing the headliners or acts playing so I'm over the moon its AM!

Also for the person that asked not sure about the bungalows as didn't stay at the campsite stayed back in the centre of lisbon about a 10-15 minute taxi or 20-25 minute tram.

For anyone staying back in town the transport system really is great and there are late train on at night away from the festival and plenty of taxis all reasonably priced.

Flights booked earlier on Monday - Monday Liverpool - Lisbon, ended up paying £160 per person been watching flights for a while now and there only getting dearer and dearer so decided to bite the bullet, just need to get the tickets & sort accommodation now.

Flying from Gatwick or Luton is currently around £135 per person return which isn't to bad for people flying from down south.

Also noticed the festival is running Thursday - Saturday is presumably because it's the WC final on the Sunday!! Imagine Central Lisbon if Portugal made the final! both semi finals are also on during the week should be a great week.

AF are not touring Europe in July (american leg?) so they won't play at Optimus Alive. I think Pearl Jam is one of the headliners and they're waiting the band to confirm the gigs all at once. I'm clueless about the third headliner but festival director said he'd like to book Atoms for Peace although I think they'd be subliners...

Any I was last year and mid and small stages were the highlights of the festival by far so I'm not worried about who'll be headlining as long as the subliners and small names are as strong as this year.

I thought the bungalows were really good. They are a bit basic but they're clean etc and the campsite is full of people going to the festival, so you can spend your days sat around the huge pool with your mates getting p1ssed! They're set in a nice woods too - v good value for money.