OPTIMUS ALIVE´14

Guest pjfestmusic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played last year, so I can't see it, but you never know. Hope not personally!

Yeah I was thinking that alright, thanks for the reply! They would make the perfect line up for me personally :P!

So, is it not very likely that Franz Ferdinand will be the third headliner, given that they're headlining Bilbao BBK and they normally share acts??

Yeah I was thinking that alright, thanks for the reply! They would make the perfect line up for me personally :P!

So, is it not very likely that Franz Ferdinand will be the third headliner, given that they're headlining Bilbao BBK and they normally share acts??

Franz Ferdinand will play in August at Festival Paredes de Coura so they're not the last headliner.

Just looking at flights, can anyone who's been before let us know what time bands start and what time the headline is usually on at? Later flights seem cheaper but don't want to miss anything :)

Hey, I went last year and am hopefully making my way there again this year. In 2013 the bands started from 6pm onwards. and the music goes through on till past 4am from what I can remember from last year. Though the main stage ends around 1-2am.

There is special trains laid on at night back to cais de sodre ,every half hour iirc, which is the main hub in central lisbon its a train & underground station however once back here it will be a case of taxi or walk back to hotel.

Plenty of taxis outside the festival site as well which i found reasonably priced.

Not sure on night buses think they may exist but never used them, train was fine you'll see plenty of people waiting for it and if staying in central lisbon it'll be the same train you used to get there.

Edited by Anderson19

Think (if I remember correctly) it's only ever sold out once, and that was when Radiohead played (might even just be day tickets for that day) so I reckon you've got plenty time.

Does anyone know if this festival sells out early? Or at all? I've booked flights while they were relatively cheap and plan to get tickets at end of Feb.

That's great cheers! Hopefully get tickets before the last headliner is announced just in case there is surge!

Does anyone know how much the bungalows in the campsite are? And are they actually in the festival campsite? I've emailed a request off a week ago buy had no reply yet

it's all on lisboacamping.com, there's a bit to translate into english, then one of the links is to the Bungalow page. If I remember rightly, it's around €90 a night for 4 people.. not sure on any others. The festival campsite is around 10 minutes outside of the festival site mind (haven't been to the campsite so just quoting the website). I'd have a look at staying in central lisbon or one of the coastal towns, can get decent accommodation for €60/70 a night and the trains are excellent - every 10/15 mins until 5am - and cheap too.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I looked at the site but couldn't find much info, still awaiting a reply! We will probably stay in Lisbon the whole time but was exploring possibility of staying in a bungalow for 3 or 4 days then going to Lisbon. There is 6 of us there for a week Wednesday to Wednesday either side of the festival

Thanks for the info. Yeah I looked at the site but couldn't find much info, still awaiting a reply! We will probably stay in Lisbon the whole time but was exploring possibility of staying in a bungalow for 3 or 4 days then going to Lisbon. There is 6 of us there for a week Wednesday to Wednesday either side of the festival

yeah it's not the best site. I'm going wednesday to monday, looking at places along the coast.. seems you can get a decent apartment for less than the bungalow costs, train travel is excellent along the coast so easy to get to the festival, and even into Lisbon.

• 3 weeks later...

Also pot is legal there? Is It easy to find...

Hey. Me and my flatmate just bought tickets. Few questions...

Is it good?

Can I take alcohol into the campsites?

Is flying the best way to get there?

Thanks.

Optimus is class, went last year (and returning this year) well worth the money! Not sure about campsite as I stayed in an apartment (and most likely will again this year), flying is best - Lisbon is closest (and seemingly cheapest as Ryanair have just started a route there this year). Pot is very easy to get, must've been approached 5 times in my first hour on the main street in Lisbon.. as far as I know it's illegal but you won't get arrested just the pot seized.