Primavera Sound 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard yes, because it gives you access to the VIP bars where you can get free drinks and also you have access to areas that make it easier to move between stages. Surely, VIP tickets have sold out by now though? They usually sell out within weeks of going on sale.

Edited by cdm22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HELLO!!!

OK, so....after discussion, me and the wife have bought 2 tickets for this. On our 'travelling' honeymoon 2 years ago, Barcelona was our favourite city visited.

After then doing a google search & looking at other forums about the festival, i am both excited and confused. So im hoping the good folks here may be able to help.

OK. So....there appears to be 'stuff' happening the tuesday & wednesday before AND the sunday after the festival 'proper', right? Are these ticketed or does our festival pass thingy mean we can see these things too? Apparently, the acts on at the auditorium needs 'reservations'. Is this a major hassle? Or can you role up, like, 15 minutes before (Obviously, if its a MAJOR must see act, id assume you need to be there ASAP. Im talking about the 'festival fodder' type acts). I already know that Barcelona itself is VERY reasonable (I.E. cheap) for food & alcohol, but is the 'festival tax' excessuve like here in blighty? (IE a £3 pint in a pub here being about a fiver at a 'major' festival).

And....thats it really, at the moment. We have booked our hotel (Vincci Bit. 10 mins away from the 'site'. Any comments on this hotel ALSO greatly appreciated.) and cannot wait.

Any other info (to get the excitement flowing) would also be more than agreeable.

Cheers. :)

Hi there. I'm gonna try to help you. On Tuesday there's some minor shows around the city but nothing really impressive. I don't know exactly who played this year but yeah, not so big. On Wednesday there were two main acts: some shows in the same place where the festival take place (free entrance) and some shows at Apolo Club (festival pass needed). On Sunday there was concerts around the city and also a Deerhunter show at Apolo again (festival pass needed as well). You can find the bands who played and more info here (2013 info) http://www.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatParc

The Auditorium thing is different. It only worked Friday and Saturday but this year will run the three days (so expect great acts playing there this year). The majority of the gigs are first come, first served, 15 min on the queue and you're in. Anyway some acts need tickets in order to control the amount of people and avoid enormous queue at the entrance. FYI this year there were about 8 acts playing at the Auditorium and only Daniel Johnston show needed reservation.

Food is ok but drinks are expensive at the festival bars (prices here https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK4ZgiaCAAAx2hQ.jpg:large) but since you're a foreigner maybe the prices seem ok to you, idk. I can tell you it was very easy to enter to the festival with booze from outside so not a big deal. I'm staying at a flat with some friends so I can't say anything about your hotel.

Hi there. I'm gonna try to help you. On Tuesday there's some minor shows around the city but nothing really impressive. I don't know exactly who played this year but yeah, not so big. On Wednesday there were two main acts: some shows in the same place where the festival take place (free entrance) and some shows at Apolo Club (festival pass needed). On Sunday there was concerts around the city and also a Deerhunter show at Apolo again (festival pass needed as well). You can find the bands who played and more info here (2013 info) http://www.primaverasound.es/primaveraCiutatParc

The Auditorium thing is different. It only worked Friday and Saturday but this year will run the three days (so expect great acts playing there this year). The majority of the gigs are first come, first served, 15 min on the queue and you're in. Anyway some acts need tickets in order to control the amount of people and avoid enormous queue at the entrance. FYI this year there were about 8 acts playing at the Auditorium and only Daniel Johnston show needed reservation.

Food is ok but drinks are expensive at the festival bars (prices here https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BK4ZgiaCAAAx2hQ.jpg:large) but since you're a foreigner maybe the prices seem ok to you, idk. I can tell you it was very easy to enter to the festival with booze from outside so not a big deal. I'm staying at a flat with some friends so I can't say anything about your hotel.