The National

Zoo Music Girl

It felt right somehow. Didn't get All The Wine or Abel though - bit gutted and sure you guys will get them tomorrow!

Anyway, fuck me was that amazing. I LOVE them. And the crowd were pretty shit but I was going a bit mental anyway. Such a perfect cathartic experience.

Bloodbuzz Ohio, England, Squalor Victoria, Afraid of Everyone, Conversation 16 - all so so good. Mr November was amazing. Matt came into the crowd, right by me in fact, was pretty awesome. Either that or Vanderlyle were the highlight. He stepped back a little from the mike and the whole crowd sang every single word. Absolutely spine-tingling.

Gorgeous visuals, perfect band, Bryan's drumming was insanely good! (And he was wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt, which probably only Scruffy will appreciate.)

The new album is awesome live. Humiliation and Graceless kicked so much arse! Fucking hell.

Have to say though despite the fact they've been partially ruled out for Glasto I'm just not sure how well they'd go down in a high-profile slot. I just think the audience need to know and love the songs somehow.

His voice, my God, so unbearably gorgeous.

Edited by RebeccaD

They were great tonight. I was also v close to where Matt was during Mr November, although I would have been a bit nearer if I hadn't shuffled infield a bit between the main set and the encore.

Difficult to pick highlights, but if forced I would say Squalor/Conversation/Available section, and the whole encore was amazing.

Need to sleep but still buzzing!

I went to Manchester last night and they blew me away all over again. Stunning gig. I seem to be making a habit of getting close to Matt Berninger too. Last time I saw them, he was on the floor at our feet screaming Squalor Victoria. Last night, this happened.

I started watching this but then it completely crashed my phone! What happens? Will try and watch later.

Anyway, setlist below. Pretty much perfect except for lack of Abel. Not sure what 29 Years is though? Surely Slow Show? Forgot to mention Fake Empire last night - another clear highlight.

Don't Swallow the Cap

I Should Live in Salt

Mistaken for Strangers

Bloodbuzz Ohio

Demons

Sea of Love

Afraid of Everyone

Hard to Find

This Is the Last Time

I Need My Girl

Squalor Victoria

Conversation 16

Available

29 Years

Slow Show

Apartment Story

About Today

Pink Rabbits

England

Graceless

Fake Empire

Encore:

Lean

Humiliation

Mr. November

Terrible Love

Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Edit: I see 29 Years is an old one - not sure they played it though.

Edited by RebeccaD