The National

Zoo Music Girl

• 2 weeks later...

Some great line-up additions to All Points East! Really looking forward to this day :-)

THE NATIONAL

Plus Very Special Guests

The War On Drugs

Future Islands

Warpaint

Cat Power

Public Service Broadcasting

Broken Social Scene

Spoon

Amber Run

This Is The Kit

The Districts

Rostam

Edited by lazzareo

• 1 month later...

They will be playing Boxer in its entirety at Home Coming Festival in Cincinnati at the end of April. They are also headlining Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta the weekend after that. I am going to that. Jack White and the National headlining the same festival is probably my ultimate concert wish come true.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/02/the-national-to-perform-boxer-in-full-at-homecoming-festival/

6 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

They will be playing Boxer in its entirety at Home Coming Festival in Cincinnati at the end of April. They are also headlining Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta the weekend after that. I am going to that. Jack White and the National headlining the same festival is probably my ultimate concert wish come true.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/02/the-national-to-perform-boxer-in-full-at-homecoming-festival/

I'm going to Homecoming B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are they live? How was their Glastonbury set last year? What are their recommended albums, EPs, etc?

Seeing them at All Points East but I don't know too much about them yet, so I want to take a crash course and see what they're about

They’re great live, though if you’re not a fan I doubt they’d turn you into one based on seeing them live. 

I’d suggest starting with Boxer or High Violet but really you can’t go wrong with any of their last 5 albums, all of them are fantastic. If you like most of the other bands at All Points East on that day then you’ll probably like The National too.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

How are they live? How was their Glastonbury set last year? What are their recommended albums, EPs, etc?

Seeing them at All Points East but I don't know too much about them yet, so I want to take a crash course and see what they're about

great live usually. Glastonbury set was good, although strange slot for them and played several new songs that hadn't been released (7/10).

Boxer, High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me are the most accessible.

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

The National are the greatest band on the planet.

Check out all of their albums from Alligator onwards. 

You’ll have a great time at APE. See you there!