The National

Zoo Music Girl

Managed to get close to the front at the apollo, loved watching Matt's antics on stage and off stage, walking onto the crowd and letting randoms sing part of a song, pushing to the back of the venue, kicking in a monitor, standing on the drum kit, pouring wax onto the electric drum unit, pouring a drink into the piano. I've never seen them up close before and was incredible. You could see on the faces of the twins how much it meant to them. The drummer was hilariously cool in his cap, shades and coat at the back. Those screens which layered up images and lights behind and in front of them, felt like a real privilege to be there.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

playing 2 nights at a small rugby stadium in Dublin next 15th and 16th June.

Man if Glastonbury was on that would of been nailed down as playing!

Pretty much means they are playing Isle of Wight. 

£30 return to fly from Bristol, cheaper than the train to London. I'm fucking going. 

Edited by Diva Sam
Flights mate.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

there are 2-day tickets for the Dublin gigs, and a full support line-up is to be announced in the coming weeks, so looks like it's some sort of National-curated mini-weekend, probably them playing completely different setlists each night.

WAIT.

A festival where The National headline both nights? And for half the price of a UK festival? 

Sold. What a dream. 

i wouldn't really say it's a festival as such, it's in a 6k stadium in a residential Dublin suburb. I presume it'll just be several hand-picked support acts throughout each day.

https://www.aikenpromotions.com/component/thelist/show/1268-the-national-donnybrook-stadium-dublin-live-in-donnybrook-stadium-mulberry-ln-Dublin-4-on-15-Jun-2018.html?Itemid=1268

THE NATIONAL

& FULL LINE-UP OF SPECIAL GUESTS

Donnybrook Stadium, Dublin

Friday 15 & Saturday 16 June 2018

Gates // 2pm

Following their remarkable intimate shows in Vicar Street last month, The National have announced their return to Ireland with two very special shows in Donnybrook Stadium on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th June 2018. A full line-up of special guests for each day will be revealed over the coming weeks.

This year The National finally topped the Irish album charts after a remarkable rise which had seen them gain a No.3 album (High Violet, 2010), a No.2 (Trouble Will Fine Me, 2013) and now a No.1 with their acclaimed seventh studio LP Sleep Well Beast. Further afield, The National also topped the album chart in the U.K and Canada for the first time, a No.2 in the USA (after a nail biting chart recount as they were backstage at Vicar St) and Top 4 in Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and Finland. Produced by The National’s own Aaron Dessner with co-production by co-members Bryce Dessner and Matt Berninger, Sleep Well Beast was mixed by Peter Katis and recorded at Long Pond, Aaron Dessner’s Hudson Valley, New York studio, with additional sessions in Berlin, Paris and Los Angeles.

The Times **** MOJO**** Q**** NME**** Uncut ****

www.americanmary.com

Tickets go on sale Friday 13th October at 10am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets

1 day ticket -  €76 // 2 day ticket €136

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

If Field Day are sticking with just one day that's probably out of the running. 

They're curated their own things in a few places now (Denmark this year and doing at day at Pitchfork Paris in Nov) so I'd imagine they'd want to try to do a similar thing here too. 

Depending on how long they're in Europe Citadel would make a lot of sense.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Yokel Again said:

Isn't this in place of Field Day or did I read it wrong?

Field Day is moving by the looks of it - got an email from them saying "Field Day is upping sticks" - but not sure where to. Don't think they've announced it.

Intrigued by this new fest, but The National didn't rock my world at the last gig and I assume this will be broadly similar, just with a shorter set, so will likely give it a miss.