The National

Zoo Music Girl

14 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Just looks like some are blue and some are white on inspection, no difference other than colour. Just leave it black though tbh, stop showing off with your coloured vinyl, I'm not 12.

I like coloured vinyl, reminds me of my childhood :)

A lot of my recent purchases have turned out to be coloured because I tend to buy from indie stores now. Agreed etchings are better- my copies of Neon Bible and Down in Albion have some cracking etchings. 

Nothing beats sleeve artwork though. One of my favourite vinyls is Lanegan's Blues Funeral because the cover is ace and the record is a beautiful shade of green (also sounds good) 

Really enjoyed my first full listen to the album, massive highlight for me was when Guilty Party came on which took me back to the pyramid set.  Was a bit disappointed with the glastonbury set which had too much new stuff for my liking (+ crap crowd done the front), but you do get a bit of pay back now.

They are my favorite band and I like the new album well enough, but I find myself harboring an intense hatred for Turtleneck. Not only because it's so damn basic for a band with so many amazing songs, but also because they decided to close their effing Pyramid set with it.

Walk it back is growing on me though, after not liking it at Glastonbury.

Edited by Anarion

Now, after several listens and too much wine, I think there's no doubt that Empire Line is my favorite song on this album, followed by The System Only Dreams and Walk it back. The last minutes of Empire Line is bloody gorgeous. Also love Matt singing
"Until everything is less insane
I’m mixing weed with wine" 
on Walk it back :)